I know I Know but I found this article regarding TT

A Very Warm Welcome.


 
Affiliates


Affiliates at a Glance

(Replaces the Marquee)

Latest Activity
Whatcha Doin’ Now
Feel free to add a link to any post of yours that might be of interest to others.
This Week’s Song
Facts

Shakespeare made up the name “Jessica” for his play Merchant of Venice.
Shakespeare probably based it on the biblical name ISCAH, which would have been spelled Jescha in his time.

Share | 
 

 I know I Know but I found this article regarding TT

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Beckea
Topaz Member
Topaz Member
avatar

Name : Becky
Location : At My Desk
US
Posts : 103
Kudos : 6
Mood : Relaxed
Birthday : 12/14
Sagittarius Rat

PostSubject: I know I Know but I found this article regarding TT   20/07/17, 05:59 am

Here is the link: CLICK HERE


What do you think? This is being discussed on another board I am on and still faithful to on Yuku. They are thinking of moving over here or Proboards. But I suggested Forumotion. Anyway, what do you think?

To me, it sounded like TT is going bye bye but I have found other articles and reviews on TT that people are saying do use them they have awful support and the host sucks. I think this is about their mobile side, but still, it is just one of many I found today that TT review is awful.

_____________________________________

Becky
"One benefit of Summer was that each day we had more light to read by." ― Jeannette Walls
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theinternetcafe.yuku.com http://theinternetcafe.forumotion.com http://theinternetcafe.forumotion.com http://www.zandranna.com/u28wall
Zandranna
Owner
Owner
avatar

Name : Sandy
Location : Dorset
UK
Posts : 975
Kudos : 58
Mood : Content
Birthday : 1st Nov
Scorpio Rat

PostSubject: Re: I know I Know but I found this article regarding TT   20/07/17, 07:54 am


Thanks for posting this Beckea.  The going bye bye bit is that particular system, Androidforums, not wanting to link with them anymore.

But the unreliablity and untrustworthy bit regarding TT is being discussed all over the web and I am certain is true.  I also read about their really bad security last year.  All that is what made me finally give up on Yuku this January and move over to here.

We are already experiencing as much slowness on TT as there was/is on Yuku.  We know they don't give a toss about security simply by the amount of people that have said how all their forums were open on the move over.

When Yuku first linked up with TT and we tried their app, all our hidden forums could be seen by all and sundry and still are.

We may not use the app but members might, and how much of our boards are they viewing that we think are hidden or private from view.  We have no way of stopping our members accessing via the app.

I honestly do not trust TT regarding security regardless of what ChrisW has been told to tell us.

I chose Forumotion because I was advised it's probably the most safest system at the moment that wont hand over, and become part of, Tapatalk.

Tapatalk is killing message boards.  They are only interested in attracting the kids that love using apps on their smart phones.

People that stay with them and then spend hours and hours setting up their boards are only going to find themselves moving off eventually anyway I think.

_____________________________________

Back to top Go down
View user profile https://twitter.com/zandranna http://www.zandranna.com/u1wall
Toetapping
Sappire Member
Sappire Member
avatar

Name : Joy
Location : Australia
AU
Posts : 182
Kudos : 21
Capricorn Dog

PostSubject: Re: I know I Know but I found this article regarding TT   20/07/17, 08:29 pm

This will make you laugh I thought it was a link about me as many people call me TT.

I think admins who have shifted from Yuku are wise.  I found it slow personally.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://nicetomeet.proboards.com
Beckea
Topaz Member
Topaz Member
avatar

Name : Becky
Location : At My Desk
US
Posts : 103
Kudos : 6
Mood : Relaxed
Birthday : 12/14
Sagittarius Rat

PostSubject: Re: I know I Know but I found this article regarding TT   20/07/17, 11:29 pm

Today, Chris has introduced the "new" TT support group. They put the old support as reading only. Also, it does not look like you can post until a certain time on this new platform. I am glad I really don't have a board over there anymore.

_____________________________________

Becky
"One benefit of Summer was that each day we had more light to read by." ― Jeannette Walls
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theinternetcafe.yuku.com http://theinternetcafe.forumotion.com http://theinternetcafe.forumotion.com http://www.zandranna.com/u28wall
Zandranna
Owner
Owner
avatar

Name : Sandy
Location : Dorset
UK
Posts : 975
Kudos : 58
Mood : Content
Birthday : 1st Nov
Scorpio Rat

PostSubject: Re: I know I Know but I found this article regarding TT   21/07/17, 09:13 am

I can understand that Joy, lol.

Someone PM-ed me this morning about this Beckea.  I haven't had a chance to go over there yet and have a look see.

Tapatalk previously only dealt with apps and have never actually had anything to do with message boards.  I expect they assumed that linking up with message boards would be the same as people just downloading an app and getting on with it, and then they update the app occasionally.

They probably don't have a clue about dealing with members direct and what members of message boards expect.  This is all new territory for them and also why they just built a basic board, just as apps are very basic.

What people don't seem to understand is that Yuku, Forumer and all the others that Sanjay owned are now dead, gone, completely and absolutely, just as if they had totally closed down.  All's that has happened is that Yuku is now closed but our posts have been preserved on TT.

_____________________________________

Back to top Go down
View user profile https://twitter.com/zandranna http://www.zandranna.com/u1wall
Spherical
Emerald Member
Emerald Member
avatar

Name : Martha
Location : Australia
AU
Posts : 465
Kudos : 93
Mood : Amused
Birthday : 3rd March
Pisces Ox

PostSubject: Re: I know I Know but I found this article regarding TT   22/07/17, 12:49 am

I've had a quick look and the first thing that came to mind was "why didn't they spend the time they used to set up those different support forums to actually make sure the move to TT was done smoothly and properly, without the problems and bugs etc etc"!!!!

You know the only reason I will even sign up for their "new" support is so that I can find "old" members/friends.

_____________________________________

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://spherical.forumotion.com http://sphericals.weebly.com
Beckea
Topaz Member
Topaz Member
avatar

Name : Becky
Location : At My Desk
US
Posts : 103
Kudos : 6
Mood : Relaxed
Birthday : 12/14
Sagittarius Rat

PostSubject: Re: I know I Know but I found this article regarding TT   22/07/17, 04:33 am

@Zandranna wrote:
I can understand that Joy, lol.

Someone PM-ed me this morning about this Beckea.  I haven't had a chance to go over there yet and have a look see.

Tapatalk previously only dealt with apps and have never actually had anything to do with message boards.  I expect they assumed that linking up with message boards would be the same as people just downloading an app and getting on with it, and then they update the app occasionally.

They probably don't have a clue about dealing with members direct and what members of message boards expect.  This is all new territory for them and also why they just built a basic board, just as apps are very basic.

What people don't seem to understand is that Yuku, Forumer and all the others that Sanjay owned are now dead, gone, completely and absolutely, just as if they had totally closed down.  All's that has happened is that Yuku is now closed but our posts have been preserved on TT.


You are so correct Sandy, it is from research on this new support forum that it shows they have no idea. Chris seems to jump in to clear things up but it just seems they have no idea what they are doing. Sad. I know two of the boards I am on left today for other message boards.

_____________________________________

Becky
"One benefit of Summer was that each day we had more light to read by." ― Jeannette Walls
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theinternetcafe.yuku.com http://theinternetcafe.forumotion.com http://theinternetcafe.forumotion.com http://www.zandranna.com/u28wall
Beckea
Topaz Member
Topaz Member
avatar

Name : Becky
Location : At My Desk
US
Posts : 103
Kudos : 6
Mood : Relaxed
Birthday : 12/14
Sagittarius Rat

PostSubject: Re: I know I Know but I found this article regarding TT   22/07/17, 04:35 am

@Spherical wrote:
I've had a quick look and the first thing that came to mind was "why didn't they spend the time they used to set up those different support forums to actually make sure the move to TT was done smoothly and properly, without the problems and bugs etc etc"!!!!

You know the only reason I will even sign up for their "new" support is so that I can find "old" members/friends.


I have one board that I am going to start helping them with creating themes for their board. But I am hoping they will move because I am thinking of doing a total withdraw from Yuku aka TT.

_____________________________________

Becky
"One benefit of Summer was that each day we had more light to read by." ― Jeannette Walls
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theinternetcafe.yuku.com http://theinternetcafe.forumotion.com http://theinternetcafe.forumotion.com http://www.zandranna.com/u28wall
Zandranna
Owner
Owner
avatar

Name : Sandy
Location : Dorset
UK
Posts : 975
Kudos : 58
Mood : Content
Birthday : 1st Nov
Scorpio Rat

PostSubject: Re: I know I Know but I found this article regarding TT   22/07/17, 08:59 am

I think some are finding it so hard to let go of Yuku that is no more.  They are just hoping that TT is in it's new stages and will get better.  I think it's a waste of their time trying, but there will never be the amount of features added that we all know and love.

I also think that TT have bitten off more than they can chew and they also will eventually give up on the message board side of their system.

_____________________________________

Back to top Go down
View user profile https://twitter.com/zandranna http://www.zandranna.com/u1wall
Spherical
Emerald Member
Emerald Member
avatar

Name : Martha
Location : Australia
AU
Posts : 465
Kudos : 93
Mood : Amused
Birthday : 3rd March
Pisces Ox

PostSubject: Re: I know I Know but I found this article regarding TT   24/07/17, 01:15 am

I agree Sandy and if they get too overwhelmed with all the yuku-ers complaining it might stirr things up even more.

The thing is, because TT is so secretive I just don't trust them. You never know what their next move will be so personally no point even trying to make it over there.

_____________________________________

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://spherical.forumotion.com http://sphericals.weebly.com
Beckea
Topaz Member
Topaz Member
avatar

Name : Becky
Location : At My Desk
US
Posts : 103
Kudos : 6
Mood : Relaxed
Birthday : 12/14
Sagittarius Rat

PostSubject: Re: I know I Know but I found this article regarding TT   24/07/17, 06:13 am

@Zandranna wrote:
I think some are finding it so hard to let go of Yuku that is no more.  They are just hoping that TT is in it's new stages and will get better.  I think it's a waste of their time trying, but there will never be the amount of features added that we all know and love.

I also think that TT have bitten off more than they can chew and they also will eventually give up on the message board side of their system.
I agree. I left because how can they think that everyone is going to be happy. They had it good at Yuku and now what. They all have to learn CSS to have anything design worthy to make them unique among the boards. I hate it.

_____________________________________

Becky
"One benefit of Summer was that each day we had more light to read by." ― Jeannette Walls
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theinternetcafe.yuku.com http://theinternetcafe.forumotion.com http://theinternetcafe.forumotion.com http://www.zandranna.com/u28wall
Beckea
Topaz Member
Topaz Member
avatar

Name : Becky
Location : At My Desk
US
Posts : 103
Kudos : 6
Mood : Relaxed
Birthday : 12/14
Sagittarius Rat

PostSubject: Re: I know I Know but I found this article regarding TT   24/07/17, 06:14 am

@Spherical wrote:
I agree Sandy and if they get too overwhelmed with all the yuku-ers complaining it might stirr things up even more.

The thing is, because TT is so secretive I just don't trust them. You never know what their next move will be so personally no point even trying to make it over there.
You have a great point there. They already have bad customer service, not Chris but the new support group the new ones or old one whatever you want to believe are horrible at this customer service. I think it is going to get worse than better. Sorry for those that are staying.

_____________________________________

Becky
"One benefit of Summer was that each day we had more light to read by." ― Jeannette Walls
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theinternetcafe.yuku.com http://theinternetcafe.forumotion.com http://theinternetcafe.forumotion.com http://www.zandranna.com/u28wall
Linette
Amethyst Member
Amethyst Member
avatar

Name : Marie
Location : Canada
CA
Posts : 64
Kudos : 10
Scorpio Pig

PostSubject: Re: I know I Know but I found this article regarding TT   25/07/17, 04:42 pm

Proboards gave a sneak peak at the new layout that's coming up in the new upgrade from TT which is SO much better and I'm not even a member of yuku anymore I just lurk there. lol

After comparing I would have to say that Proboards I feel may have a different approach to TT than yuku.

I'll have to wait and see, I do like the fact that Proboards has been working on our new upgrade for months now and they will not release it until it's 100%.

They openly admitted awhile back that there are gonna be some plugins that will not work with the new upgrade.

_____________________________________

Canadian Bacon
My forum @ ProBoards
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://canadianforumchat.freeforums.net/
Spherical
Emerald Member
Emerald Member
avatar

Name : Martha
Location : Australia
AU
Posts : 465
Kudos : 93
Mood : Amused
Birthday : 3rd March
Pisces Ox

PostSubject: Re: I know I Know but I found this article regarding TT   25/07/17, 06:28 pm


Linette are you saying that Proboards are going to be using TT's board/forum format? I hope for all the ones on Proboards that is not the case because it will be mayhem then!

Ahhh never mind I just found a post on PB support .. and I quote:


Quote :
We do not offer the option to import forum databases to ProBoards.

While ProBoards forums are able to be created and viewed in Tapatalk we are not affiliated with their service beyond that.

_____________________________________

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://spherical.forumotion.com http://sphericals.weebly.com
Linette
Amethyst Member
Amethyst Member
avatar

Name : Marie
Location : Canada
CA
Posts : 64
Kudos : 10
Scorpio Pig

PostSubject: Re: I know I Know but I found this article regarding TT   28/07/17, 05:08 pm

@Spherical wrote:
Linette are you saying that Proboards are going to be using TT's board/forum format? I hope for all the ones on Proboards that is not the case because it will be mayhem then!

Ahhh never mind I just found a post on PB support .. and I quote:


Quote :
We do not offer the option to import forum databases to ProBoards.

While ProBoards forums are able to be created and viewed in Tapatalk we are not affiliated with their service beyond that.
And there's my answer as well. lol

_____________________________________

Canadian Bacon
My forum @ ProBoards
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://canadianforumchat.freeforums.net/
Spherical
Emerald Member
Emerald Member
avatar

Name : Martha
Location : Australia
AU
Posts : 465
Kudos : 93
Mood : Amused
Birthday : 3rd March
Pisces Ox

PostSubject: Re: I know I Know but I found this article regarding TT   29/07/17, 03:08 am

I think if Proboards kept up with all the complaints they are smart to not go further with TT in regards to their boards!

This is where Yuku has gone so wrong sadly but then I guess their boards where in such bad state, code wise that they felt they had no other option!
If Crowdgather had spend some money and employed some decent developers all this mess could have been avoided!

_____________________________________

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://spherical.forumotion.com http://sphericals.weebly.com
Beckea
Topaz Member
Topaz Member
avatar

Name : Becky
Location : At My Desk
US
Posts : 103
Kudos : 6
Mood : Relaxed
Birthday : 12/14
Sagittarius Rat

PostSubject: Re: I know I Know but I found this article regarding TT   30/07/17, 08:25 am

@Linette wrote:
Proboards gave a sneak peak at the new layout that's coming up in the new upgrade from TT which is SO much better and I'm not even a member of yuku anymore I just lurk there. lol

After comparing I would have to say that Proboards I feel may have a different approach to TT than yuku.

I'll have to wait and see, I do like the fact that Proboards has been working on our new upgrade for months now and they will not release it until it's 100%.

They openly admitted awhile back that there are gonna be some plugins that will not work with the new upgrade.

Unlike Yuku, Proboards are not like FULL INTO IT like Yuku. They still want to have control of thing. Not like Yuku where they just sold the whole thing and their shirts.

_____________________________________

Becky
"One benefit of Summer was that each day we had more light to read by." ― Jeannette Walls
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theinternetcafe.yuku.com http://theinternetcafe.forumotion.com http://theinternetcafe.forumotion.com http://www.zandranna.com/u28wall
Beckea
Topaz Member
Topaz Member
avatar

Name : Becky
Location : At My Desk
US
Posts : 103
Kudos : 6
Mood : Relaxed
Birthday : 12/14
Sagittarius Rat

PostSubject: Re: I know I Know but I found this article regarding TT   30/07/17, 08:25 am

@Spherical wrote:
I think if Proboards kept up with all the complaints they are smart to not go further with TT in regards to their boards!

This is where Yuku has gone so wrong sadly but then I guess their boards where in such bad state, code wise that they felt they had no other option!
If Crowdgather had spend some money and employed some decent developers all this mess could have been avoided!

Oh get out of the business that they are newly in now.

_____________________________________

Becky
"One benefit of Summer was that each day we had more light to read by." ― Jeannette Walls
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theinternetcafe.yuku.com http://theinternetcafe.forumotion.com http://theinternetcafe.forumotion.com http://www.zandranna.com/u28wall
 
I know I Know but I found this article regarding TT
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Zan's Zone :: Now We're Buzzing - Members Only :: Coffee Break-
Jump to:  

Advertising Us & Our Websites


The Best of Top 100s