A Very Warm Welcome.

Affiliates

Affiliates at a Glance

(Replaces the Marquee)

Latest Activity
Chatbox
This Week’s Video
Facts

A raisin dropped in a glass of fresh champagne will bounce up and down continuously from the bottom of the glass to the top.

Share | 

August Yacking

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Spherical
Ruby Member
Ruby Member

Name : Martha
AU
Kudos : 102
Mood : Amused
Birthday : 3rd March
Pisces Ox

PostSubject: Re: August Yacking   15/08/17, 01:24 am

Morning all from a cold and wet Oz. Feeling a bit better this morning so hoping to catch up on some housework and I want to go and check out this "new" bigger op shop near me.

Not that I need more clothes but I do need a nice outfit for my daughter's graduation next month.
In the past I have found beautiful outfits for a fraction o the cost so fingers crossed I will again this time.

Oh nice to get your hair done at home Wendy Smile

That is so sad Geru and yes we have the same problem here too with people flicking their cigarette buts out the window! I always say they should find those who do and tie them up to a tree in the next fire and see if they get it then!!

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://spherical.forumotion.com http://sphericals.weebly.com
Toetapping
Sappire Member
Sappire Member

Name : Joy
AU
Kudos : 23
Capricorn Dog

PostSubject: Re: August Yacking   15/08/17, 06:18 am

Nice sunny day 24C. Just come back from my walk and it was beautiful down the beach.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://nicetomeet.proboards.com
Whisper
Sappire Member
Sappire Member

UK
Kudos : 26
Mood : Restless
Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: August Yacking   15/08/17, 07:44 am

lol I like your thinking on the fire Martha. Good luck finding a nice outfit. Why pay a fortune if you don't have to?

My sister had a salon for over twenty years but closed it a couple of years ago. She still does a few clients (mostly her elderly ones who hate the thought of finding somebody new after all those years) and family. Mum and our elderly friend get theirs done on Mondays after our lunch usually and me too when it's needed. The friend can't be home today due to an eye appt she's been waiting ages for so I get to be even lazier and have it done here.

I'm jealous Joy. It's raining and windy here and about 14C.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zandranna
Owner
Owner

Name : Sandy
UK
Kudos : 68
Mood : Content
Birthday : 1st Nov
Scorpio Rat

PostSubject: Re: August Yacking   15/08/17, 10:10 am

So pleased you are feeling better Martha.  Good luck with your hunting in the op shops.

Wow! on that chap dying from the beating Geru.  I can't believe sometimes how people can get so angry that not only do they do so much damage to someone else but they risk prison for it.  Why people have to get so physical over nonsense now a days I just don't know.  So many lives now ruined over a cigarette butt.

They delivered my meds from the old chemist on time yesterday as promised so that's sorted for this month with no problems.  Now just have to make sure the new chemist orders them on time next month.

9.30am and I'm still sitting here in my PJs.  I took Louie out around the back in them earlier too for his morning wee etc. 

I like to bum around before midday and then get properly organised.  I was going to get a lunch from the dining hall today but I don't fancy what they are serving.

There are still things that I haven't done that I should have done by now.  Hanging a couple of pictures, putting shades on the ceiling lights, I also need to clean a rug.  I couldn't do that before as I had to buy the spray cleaner for it, which I have done now, so no excuse not to do it.

I'm hoping Charlie will pop in today at some point so he can offer to put that unit up I have bought for the kitchen.  I still have it flat packed laying along side the sideboard.  My carpel tunnel is really buggering me around this last 2 or 3 days so it's not giving me the incentive to do much.

Back to top Go down
View user profile https://twitter.com/zandranna http://www.zandranna.com/u1wall
Spherical
Ruby Member
Ruby Member

AU
Pisces Ox

PostSubject: Re: August Yacking   15/08/17, 06:20 pm

I still haven't got the pictures up that I wanted to put up Sandy. Wanted to paint first but that all fell on the way side so this Spring coming up I will pull my pinkies out and get it done.

I'm not surprised you are sore as you have done a lot lately so perhaps it's time for some lazy days and rest your body.

Never got to the op shop today as I had an appointment that I had forgotten about.
Spend way to much time on trying to get my printer to work after the windows update and finally got it sorted late tonight.
Did the scanning that I had to do so that's done now.

I should be in bed as it's almost 1.30am here hahahaha.

Back to top Go down
Spherical
Ruby Member
Ruby Member

AU
Pisces Ox

PostSubject: Re: August Yacking   15/08/17, 06:22 pm

I rarely buy new clothes Wendy as I really love op shopping and finding nice bargains Smile

Joy I believe you had a warmer winter this year so enjoy it!

Back to top Go down
zucker7not
Topaz Member
Topaz Member

Name : GERU
CA
Kudos : 24
Mood : relaxed
Birthday : Febr.10th
Aquarius Ox

PostSubject: Re: August Yacking   15/08/17, 09:06 pm

Nice  sunny day   here ,20c right now , have not had to use the fans for the last couple if days, so that is a good sign .   Tomorrow we have  another wind forecast .... not good for the many fires that are still raging all over the Province .

Have heard from my son who is out working in the next Province of us East ...in Alberta . He informed me his work was done in one spot , and now moved on to the big City of Calgary  waiting for work to arrive .   They have opened a new  huge  intersection now called   " interchange "  the first of this kind in Canada , it is bewildering I tell you , they have manipulated the highway so that you can turn left without waiting for traffic light stops  .  They claim it cuts down on accidents and keeps the traffic moving .   Well, it is bewildering to watch  by drone , I get dizzy and disoriented  , yuk yuk, to much for me , hope my son does not have to use it .   

I can't help getting  worried  over the Korea crisis  , this is not funny any more ,!!!!

Martha:  looks like you are feeling better , happy to hear this ,  hope you find the new outfit you are looking for .   I went to the sale the other day , and bought nothing but a scarf , everything else  was way to expensive  in that boutique  , even though they called it a sale ... lol 

Sandy:  Even I have pictures to hang up yet, my son keeps bringing me more to hang up , think I will give some away soon .  

Hello to Joy , Whisper, Tara, and all other I may have missed .

I need to find the wizard , he keeps hiding on me , and I need advise ...lol

flower have a great day .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Whisper
Sappire Member
Sappire Member

UK
Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: August Yacking   16/08/17, 08:02 am

Good luck with your search GERU. lol

I'd do that too with clothes Martha but they rarely have much in my size. My sister and her daughter fare much better and buy some great stuff.

I'm the opposite Sandy. In theory I like to get moving and get anything essential done in the mornings so I can either go out or just chill later in the day when I run out of steam. I say in theory because the steam isn't always there to run out of and I struggle to get moving. 

Nothing major needs doing today. Some laundry and a few other chores. I may look for a swimming costume later for my trip. Something an increasingly old and fat woman can be seen in public in. lol I swear they're nearly all for those beach ready bodies which I certainly don't have.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zandranna
Owner
Owner

UK
Scorpio Rat

PostSubject: Re: August Yacking   16/08/17, 10:27 am

I think you have it the right way around Wendy.  I used to be like that when younger with a family, but now I think it's because I have got so lazy that I just put off what I know needs doing until the very last minute.  Once upon a time I used to make sure that everything that needed doing was done by midday thereby, like you, leaving my whole afternoons free for more fun time.

Perhaps I should start forcing myself to do that again.

We have that sort of traffic filtering here too Geru and have for many years, if I understand you correctly.  It works brilliantly.

I haven't had a chance to get around again to our second hand shops since moving back.  In fact apart from walking to the chemist the other day I haven't spent anytime wandering in our main shopping road.

10.30am and I have just had my shower and about to get dressed and start my day proper.

Back to top Go down
Spherical
Ruby Member
Ruby Member

AU
Pisces Ox

PostSubject: Re: August Yacking   16/08/17, 03:26 pm

I have my first cuppa in front of the computer in the morning and then get stuck into whatever needs doing or sorting. Night time is either watch some tv/movie or read and then a quick check of the boards before going to bed.

Had my hair coloured and cut today and it feels good Smile

Thanks Geru Smile tomorrow is op shopping day.

Had a lovely dinner at Catherine's tonight and not long got home so doing a quick check while having a cuppa and then I might go and have an early night.

Back to top Go down
zucker7not
Topaz Member
Topaz Member

CA
Aquarius Ox

PostSubject: Re: August Yacking   16/08/17, 08:15 pm

We are slightly overcast today, 17c , and wind is in the forecast , not good for the fires I keep saying .

Nothing much new  today , got to do some cooking , then divide in portions and freeze for future use . .More laundry on my agenda today , a never ending job it seems .  Got my living room windows to clean , one whole wall is floor to ceiling   windows  ( almost ) , but can be reached easy from my balcony ,  I just keep putting it off ,  don't ask me why ,  seems like playing is more important ...  lol!

------------------------------------------------

Martha:  have a great day shopping for that special item 

Whisper : beach ready body ?  don't we all wish ...  I am 5'2 with eyes so blue , and 122 lbs , perfect right ?   NO .....lol used to be , but not now ,  I am  not getting older , I am getting  better Wink ....ha ha . .    So have fun shopping for the swim suit .

Sandy:  glad your meds arrived  in the right place for you , and lets hope it works for next month too.  As far as getting out and walking goes ,  my body has gotten used to sitting , sitting sitting in front of this idiot machine that has me hocked ... lol , and I need to force myself to get out walking too . It seems if I get out there , and keep doing it , my body is looking forward to the moving and I will want to get mobile .    I have been such an active person all my life , this sitting is not me at all , I must change back to a happy medium . 

Ok,  I am out of here  . 

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Whisper
Sappire Member
Sappire Member

UK
Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: August Yacking   17/08/17, 07:31 am

For about 35 years I was 100lbs GERU. I'm only 5' 1" though. Over the last couple of years the weight has piled on and I'm close to your weight now. Any more and I'll be as wide as I am tall. lol I'm getting very lazy and spend far too much time sitting in front of this plastic brain. I don't have dogs any more so the incentive to get out walking is much harder to find. Even more so when it's currently pouring with rain and windy. Thunder and lightning in the early hours. Now it's just wet and dreary.

Hopefully my holiday will at least get me off the computer and out and about.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zandranna
Owner
Owner

UK
Scorpio Rat

PostSubject: Re: August Yacking   17/08/17, 10:24 am

I never minded carrying extra weight until I was told I had just slipped over to having diabetes, which was then I started worrying about losing weight.  Turns out that I never did have diabetes.  It was a mistake added to my records somehow.

I used to absolutely love walking in the rain years ago.  Now I hide indoors.  But I'm wondering if that's because I'm bone idle more than not liking the rain.  Any excuse not to do anything physical.

They say that you should start by just walking out of the house and around the block for 10 minutes a day and then gradually it will become an enjoyable habit and one will then start naturally going further.

I have just got back from a visit to the Doctor.  I've been in pain with my carpal tunnel, stiff neck and shoulders, but then also pain in my jaw.  It was the pain in my jaw that sent me to the Doctors in case that had something to do with my heart.  Jaw pain can mean that.  But it's as I thought.  Just the carpal tunnel and neck problems that is also causing the pain going to the face and jaw.  Best to have got it checked out though.

I'm going to order some new pillows as I haven't slept well since buyiing the ones I have now a few months ago and I am sure they are causing my neck problems.  I thought I was buying good pillows, but it's so hard to tell what you are buying when you buy on line.  I also got some sleeping pills today to take occasionally, just to get the odd night's good sleep.  A pack of those last me months as I only take half when I am desperate to have a good night.

I think my pains are combination of bad nights, bad pillows, stress and anxiety, and all this hard work moving.   I need to relax more, physically and emotionally.  Emotionally I've had a lot to cope with this last 18 months or so.

I found out yesterday that my Niece Beverley was knocked down by a taxi last Friday and is now at home in a cast and bored to tears as she can't do anything.  So I am waiting for a call from her hubby for him to come over and get me so I can go for a visit.  The bus company has now made it such that I can only bus so far to her and then it's a 35 minute walk from there to her house.  Bloody crazy in this day and age that public transport is getting worse not better.

I was shocked yesterday to get an iMessage from Jess, to tell me that Aimee has gone and got two kittens.  That's going to make for some chaos to introduce Louie to them.  He hates anything else with four legs.  I can see he wont be staying over with them anymore as he has been.

Beverley also has cats now, which is why I don't visit her as much as I used to because it's so much hassle keeping the dog away from the cats.

Back to top Go down
Kerri
Topaz Member
Topaz Member

Name : Kerri
Kudos : 7
Birthday : July 22
Cancer Horse

PostSubject: Re: August Yacking   17/08/17, 11:19 pm

Hi everyone.

Martha,
Glad you are feeling better.
Hope you find something pretty to wear at the second-hand shop.
I buy the dresses for my granddaughters
at a second-hand shop and get some great deals.
I've gotten some really pretty Winter sweaters/jumpers
at second hand shops here.

Sandy, 
You can take your time now
and get the pictures hung when you want to.
Hope your carpel tunnel is better.
My neck is so touchy if I don't sleep on a down pillow.
I was in a car accident years ago.
It still bothers my neck and left shoulder
If I sleep on a pillow that isn't really soft.

Wendy,
You must be getting excited for your trip!
It will be a nice change for you
to get away from rainy and dreary weather.

Joy, 
A walk on the beach sounds lovely.
I miss the ocean.

Geru, 
I keep hearing about the awful fires on the news.
Ceiling to floor windows sounds lovely to me.
Lots of light coming in.
Of course, until you have to clean them.

My husband is home from
the temporary care unit.
He is doing remarkably well.
Lots of doctor appointments still.
A home health care nurse comes in
three days a week while I am at work.
She cleans and re-wraps the wound.

Hope everyone has a great rest of the day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spherical
Ruby Member
Ruby Member

AU
Pisces Ox

PostSubject: Re: August Yacking   17/08/17, 11:59 pm

I'm 5.7 and weigh 154lbs, which could be a little less but my doctor reckons it's still within the healthy reign. Some of the medication I take causes weight gain so I'm not worried. Would be a different story if I wasn't so active though!

Geru didn't find anything but was told there will be "new" clothes out next week so will go back then. I have 4 weeks to find something.

Sandy I have 4 different types of pillows and rotate them as I find no matter what pillow I use; after a while my neck complains!
Oh dear; hope Beverly recuperates well and no lasting problems arise!
I can just imagine how worried you where with the jaw pain but glad to hear it's nothing more serious!

Kerri good to hear your husband is doing well and that you get help from the health nurse Smile

Back to top Go down
Whisper
Sappire Member
Sappire Member

UK
Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: August Yacking   18/08/17, 07:50 am

The lack of public transport is one of the reasons I cling to my car Sandy. It's getting harder to justify but the alternative sucks.

I am looking forward to my trip Kerri. Even just seeing the sun will be lovely. I hope your husband continues to recover well at home. I'm sure he's much happier there.

Good to hear the jaw pain is related Sandy. Not nice but less worrying for you. Ouch poor Beverly! I'm sure she'll appreciate the visit. Louie is not going to be happy about those kittens I'm sure.

Fingers crossed the perfect outfit for you will come in Martha.

Grocery shopping to do this morning and then four visitors arriving this afternoon. I haven't seen my grandson for quite a while so it will be interesting to hear what he's been up to. It's raining and dreary again. Almost dark still when I got up this morning.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zandranna
Owner
Owner

UK
Scorpio Rat

PostSubject: Re: August Yacking   18/08/17, 09:59 am

My new pillows are being delivered this morning so hopefully it might make a difference to my sleeping and my neck.

Good news about your hubby Keri now being at home again.

I really must get out and around those charity shops to see if I can find any bargins.

Public transport in this country if one doesn't actually live in a city or very large town is the pits.  They can't get it into their heads that in order for people to stop using their cars so much they have to first put on good public transport and then wait for people to start using it.

It's the same with cycling.  They are trying desperately to get people on their bikes but are providing no safe and quick cycling routes.  They expect the build up of cyclists (risking life and limb on roads) first, then they will build Netherland type cycling routes.  It's not going to work.  Safe cycling should come first, then the cycling will come.

Although they have finally decided to change the transport rules.  They are now going to give permission to make each side road part of the pavement as in the Netherlands and cars will "have" to stop for all pedestrians, and cyclists where the pavement is also a cycle path, that will then have the right of way.  Mind you, changing the laws for that will probably take years and from then it will be up to individual councils to decide to do it or not do it.

When I cycle to my Sister's if I use the pavement/cycle path, I have to stop and cross 12 side roads in the first 2 miles.  Slowing down, stopping, and waiting for cars to pass puts 10 extra minutes on my journey than if I just cycle on the road.  Not only that but the path is so narrow and over grown that I also have to stop to let any pedestrians squeeze passed me.  It's sodding ridiculous.  One day I will make a video of my journey from the beginning of the official cycle path to the end.  Martha, being Dutch, especially wouldn't believe it.

There are thousands of people out there that would cycling instead of driving if we had real cycling infrastructure.

Actually I am now feeling fit enough to break out my trike again I think.  Once my carpal tunnel settles down a bit, as it should do, I will give it a try.  This weekend maybe just for a cycle around the block to start with.

I visited Beverley yesterday and although she is hurting and bruised all over it's her left leg that copped it badly.  She is in plaster splints from above the knee to the ankle and the flesh you can see is dark yellow with bruising.  Because she is in so much pain all over she can't even use the crutches they gave her, so she really is laid up and incapacitated.  Poor cow.

Oh my was there chaos there though at one point.  I had been there for a couple of hours when one of her friends turned up with 3 chihuahuas.  With no warning she and dogs came in the back gate with Louie wandering around the garden.  Well, I've explained to you what Louie is like with other dogs, and the first thing we knew was this pack of dogs was on Louie in a shot.  You know what dogs are like when they are a family style pack.  Jeez it was turmoil and horror until I got them seperated.  The owner of the dogs just ignored it all walked into the conservatory where we were sitting and sat her arse down.

Luckly there was no actual biting, just a load of snapping and snarling and bouncing around.  Two of her dogs were then locked out in the garden, and one of them (a quiet one) laid on the sofa beside the woman.  Louie was kept on my lap.  There was still a lot of barking and snapping going on between the glass doors.

My Sister Barbara was also there having popped in for a quick cuppa, so very shortly after I left to go back to hers for the last hour that I intended to stay out.

Before all that chaos Louie had been happily coming in and out of garden and conservatory, when Beverley said all calmly, "Sandy Louies at the rabbit" - "What rabbit" I said hysterically almost, "You didn't tell me one of your rabbits was running loose" as I hadn't heard anything and couldn't see the dog.  As I jumped up to rush to see what she was talking about, this huge rabbit came haring around the corner with Louie all excited to have found a new toy to play with fast on it's heels.  They were both dashing here, there and everywhere.

The rabbit ran into the summer house and I quickly shut the door.  The rabbit didn't seem over bothered and Louie all proud came to tell me what fun he was having.

I said to Beverley you should have told me and I would have kept the dog in.  She said, "why? he wouldn't hurt it.  If the rabbit had cared it would have stopped and kicked him" - Well, I know that to be true with rabbits because one of the buggers was always kicking Bayley when he was out there.  But Bayley was a totally different kind of dog.  He loved all other animals and you could have let him loose with anything.  But Louie..........  Well, I wouldn't trust this little shit with anything that moves.  But I really was surprised to find that he was only playing with it and not actually going for it.  So there is hope for him yet.

Back to top Go down
TaraLynn7
Amber Member
Amber Member

US
Kudos : 5
Birthday : 07/04/
Aries Monkey

PostSubject: Re: August Yacking   18/08/17, 05:35 pm

Good morning!!! 

This "new to me" forum makes me sign in everytime.  I have it marked to sign me automatically.  Not sure why it's not doing it.  OH well....

How is everyone?    I saw you all were talking about medicines.  I had to get a new script for my eye drops and they arrived today.   For the first time in 10 yrs, they arrived in packed in ice.  Melting ice.  So I am looking through the hunk of papers that arrived to see if after 10 yrs I am keeping them wrong...gee...and I find a paper they want me to sign saying I read the HEPA law and mail it back.  OK, not a big deal....A new company has taken over and they say we still have Prime Mail but it is now being filled by Walgreen's, whatever that means...so I am still searching through all these papers and about 10 of them are for a lady in Florida.  It has what she is taking and how much it cost her...and they want ME to sign a HEPA law so THEY know I have seen the said law....   I was thinking maybe I should ask THEM to sign one for me...LOL  

We can go online and check off what we need to refill and they mail it out.  Easy peasy right?  But oh noooo...the new company said we cannot do that until we order them by phone and THEN we can go online.  Apparently they don't know how to transfer scripts...or they need my permission. Now if that is the company I HAVE to order from, why would they need MY permission.  I guess it's a legal thing but wow its frustrating.  Luckily I have a yearly appt. next Friday and she will send them all in and I will be OK for a while. 

So my 2 oldest granddaughters are back in school. We picked them up the first day. I told them I wanted to ask the important questions, like was there any cute boys in their class.  The youngest one gave me the stink eye and the oldest said, "Well there are 2 sitting by me and both are weird."  Hey they are males, she is probably right! LOL     But they both were excited to be back and that is good.  
They have 2 rooms of each grade so sometimes they are with their friends and sometimes they are not. But they don't seem to mind.  I went to such a small school, we had the same kids all the time. Except for the kids who came & went. We lived in a very small rural town and the rents were cheap so often we got very poor family and they come and go.  I always felt so bad for the kids moving all the time.  

Today is a free day for me...so crafting it is.  Tomorrow is breakfast with some members from my graduating class.  Last Tuesday was lunch with anyone who ever graduated from our high school.   One of the ladies brought a photo...of a tumor they took out of her heart.  It was almost the size of    a baseball.  I have never heard of such a thing. They told her she had pneumonia. She finally went to a different doctor and she actually saw a Nurse Practitioner, and she sent her to ER and within an half hour they had her in surgery. She couldn't breath it was leaning on her left ventricle. I had never heard of that.  I bet when she woke up and took a deep breath she was happy.  

Sometimes I go to a web site called Quora.  You sign up and you can search for answers to questions you might have and you can answer questions and there are a million subjects.    The other day was a light question, (some can be very deep) and it asked, what is the cutest thing you ever heard a child say.   My oldest granddaughter has had some good ones.   She noticed we put a new faucet on one day.  She said you got a new faucet?  I said yes we did.  She said.....I thought you were going to buy a pretty one.     When I joined her in pre-school for grandparents day, they were getting ready to sit in the floor in a circle and she said,"Oh, my Grammy had a boo boo back." She ran and got me a chair. Then her friend sat down and she introduces me....Vera, this is my Grammy and she likes PINK! Apparently pink is is all you need to know about me!   LOL  
You all have a great day!! 

Back to top Go down
View user profile https://twitter.com/Taralynn7 http://tarasbakingagain.blogspot.com/
zucker7not
Topaz Member
Topaz Member

CA
Aquarius Ox

PostSubject: Re: August Yacking   18/08/17, 10:21 pm

Weather is sunny and  warming up, humidity getting higher again, but not  really drastic  .
 My new lazy Boy is supposed to get delivered next Tuesday ... finally   ,  can't wait  to get that bare spot filled  lol

Nothing exiting happening today here , so that is good , got time to do some cooking    , and I might do dusting , got the vacuuming done yesterday

Lots of stories here today I see  , Sandy... glad your jaw is OK , and that dog fight story is funny ... lol , cycling ?  oh boy , good for you , surprised you can manage it with your health conditions right now .  We have proper bike lanes here  in a lot of busy places , , they do not have the right away , they are just like cars and obey the traffic lights .  These cyclists scare me to death some times I have quit driving , so don't have them to worry about any more .  Mind you , the bus service is pretty good here, but .... $ 5:00 per ticket , good for all day  , you could go in all different directions all day , they don't care . f

Tara:  have not heard of Meds. packed in ice  by mail , but learn something new every day , Sounds confusing about all the paperwork involved  , someone  sure  mad a boo boo... lol I sure got a kick out of your back boo boo story , so funny , yes you are all about pink ... out of the mouth of babes ,they say the funniest things .  AND  .... I have never heard of a tumor in the heart  either, it must have been growing right beside the heart ?, choking off the air tubes ? she is lucky to be alive ... wow . 

Kerri:  sounds like your husband is getting good care while you work ,  I must have missed the part  where he got hurt , anyways , hope he gets well soon .

Whisper: time is running short for you now , you are one busy women right now . Have fun on that trip to sunny California  .

Martha: you are tall and can handle that weight  . Good lick with the next shopping  trip for the right outfit .

rby:  You are a going concern as ever , Simon is browned off , he wants your full attention all the time, now don't you forget ... lol boys will be boys !!

Got to run and find that wizard .

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Beckea
Topaz Member
Topaz Member

Name : Becky
US
Kudos : 8
Mood : *Relaxed*
Birthday : 12/14
Sagittarius Rat

PostSubject: Re: August Yacking   19/08/17, 06:03 am

It has been awhile. Wanted to say hello. I am busily getting my room cleaned, and I need to pack for our campout this weekend. We will be gone until Monday evening.

Becky
"One benefit of Summer was that each day we had more light to read by." ― Jeannette Walls
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://internetcafe.boards.net http://theinternetcafe.forumotion.com http://theinternetcafe.forumotion.com http://www.zandranna.com/u28wall
Zandranna
Owner
Owner

UK
Scorpio Rat

PostSubject: Re: August Yacking   19/08/17, 08:29 am

Wow!  What a perfect introduction your Granddaughter gave you @TaraLynn7 - When introducing someone you should always give a snippet of information about them to start a conversation between them.  I'm so impressed on how she tagged on the liking pink part.  That's amazing.

Sounds like an admin error on the part of that meds company, along with them not knowing their backside from their elbow.  They are trying to get us to get our meds delivered like that from big companies.  I wont do it.  It's putting so many little private chemists out of business.

Had to look up the words Lazy Boy @zucker7not - never heard of them called that.  We just call them Recliners.  So exciting to get new furniture.  I must do something about changing my very large circular chair to something more practical for this tiny flat.

Oh,  I used to just love to camp @Beckea - It's such fun.

No news from me today.  I had a fairly quiet day yesterday.

I did everything I needed to do in the morning and then Aimee came to collect me (without Louie) to go over to their's for an hour to meet her new kittens.  They are very sweet, but then I love cats.  She has called one Freya and the other Floki.  You can see she is well into Norse mythology.  Next week, once they are well and truly settled Louie can go over and meet them.

No idea what I am going to do today yet, but if the sun keeps shining I might try that very short ride on my trike and see how I go.

Back to top Go down
Whisper
Sappire Member
Sappire Member

UK
Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: August Yacking   19/08/17, 11:14 am

I'm still laughing at Louie chasing a rabbit that was probably as big or bigger than him. lol Great to know he wasn't trying to kill it though. The woman with the three dogs would have got an earful from me. If they're prone to going after other dogs they shouldn't be loose. At least until introductions have been made and they've all calmed down. It's lucky it was more snarl and snap than actual biting.

My visitors are coming today having postponed from yesterday. Just had a text to say the traffic is terrible but they'll get here eventually. Gives me a bit of time to play online before they arrive. The weather is awful again. Short glimpses of the sun in between heavy downpours and quite windy still. I hope it's better down there Sandy and you get a chance for a quick ride at least.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zucker7not
Topaz Member
Topaz Member

CA
Aquarius Ox

PostSubject: Re: August Yacking   19/08/17, 08:30 pm

Nothing much new here today, weather is sunny and not to hot so far , just a pleasant day . Tomorrow is a different storey , cooling down some  .
Planning a walk down to the Ocean paved walk way , then dropping in for some chicken Thai soup at the Marina while the weather is good .

Sandy; Lazy Boy  is a brand or style  name I believe , but it's a  Recliner  alright ,  most everyone says lazy boy , bad habit I guess . .   Good luck with your trike try out ,  hope the weather is good for you .  lets hope Louie will get along with the new kittens when the time comes ....  affraid lol 

Whisper:  good luck with the company, enjoy and have fun .

Becky:  off you go , enjoy the campout , be careful .

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spherical
Ruby Member
Ruby Member

AU
Pisces Ox

PostSubject: Re: August Yacking   20/08/17, 02:01 am

I too would have had my say to that woman with her 3 dogs! Some people are so inconsiderable it's scary.
Hahahaha I was picturing Louie running and chasing that rabbit Smile

Enjoy and safe camping Beckea.

Have fun with your visitors Wendy Smile Hope the weather clears up a bit too.

Good morning all and so far I've done nothing lol. It's Sunday here already and I have nothing planned but I do believe Catherine & boyfriend might drop in later.
My washing machine is on and today I have to do 2 loads but not sure if I can hang it outside so might have to only do the 1 load first and see.

Back to top Go down
Elaine
Sappire Member
Sappire Member

Name : NutBar
CA
Mood : Peachy!
Birthday : October 1
Libra Tiger

PostSubject: Re: August Yacking   20/08/17, 03:35 am

Hi everyone!
It's Sunday night here. The weather is back to sunny & dry for a while. I discovered a week or so ago that there are some grapes growing over the hedge again. A few more days of sunshine and I'll check them for ripeness and sweetness. I'm so excited! I love free food, lol. Out of all the squash seeds I planted there has been only one female flower, which I pollinated with a male flower. Truly, it's seems more perverse when I say it than it actually is  Laughing
I totally failed at baking bread today. It all started off badly. At 8 this morning I told Roomie that I was thinking I will try making a french loaf for him. ( i don't eat bread). He said "YUM!". a few minutes later he told me he was planning to make himself a waffle breakfast but needed whipping cream, so off he went to the store. I thought, "oh well, I can wait 'til he's finished in the kitchen before starting bread" so I waited. And waited. He came home at about 10 o'clock and I thought he'd be making breakfast so I went to my room and caught up on email etc. By noon he still hadn't started his breakfast so I asked and he said he'd changed his mind and will have it on Sunday instead. So I started pulling out the flour and measuring spoons and started getting things measured so I could begin. He tells me he wants to boil some eggs for egg salad sandwiches. I put everything down and left the kitchen to wait again. Our kitchen is too small for the both of us. By 4 o'clock he'd only put his eggs in a pot of water but never turned on the element and said he'd forgotten all about it. 
So all that kinda put me off. I didn't really feel like doing any baking for him by that point but everything was sitting there waiting for me so I just did it. Of course the loaves didn't turn out perfect & I'll not be trying to make bread on a weekend ever again  No

I buy a lot of my things at our gigantic thrift store, Value Village. Recently I bought a cherry wood folding bed table and an oak side table with deep drawers. I love them both. I've got all kinds of dishes and vases and beautiful sari fabric & Indian scarves from there too. The big throw pillows that i sit on while on the couch in the living-room are from there as well, but I've had them for years and now need new ones. They are now flat  tongue

I think I'll get into my PJs and binge on the TV show 'Preacher'. It's a weird show but also compelling.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://twitter.com/@togonit http://canadianforumchat.freeforums.net/

August Yacking
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Zan's Zone :: Now We're Buzzing - Members Only :: Coffee Break-
Jump to:  

Advertising Us & Our Websites

The Best of Top 100s