A Very Warm Welcome.

Affiliates

Affiliates at a Glance

(Replaces the Marquee)

Latest Activity
Chatbox
This Week’s Video
Facts

A raisin dropped in a glass of fresh champagne will bounce up and down continuously from the bottom of the glass to the top.

Share | 

August Yacking

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Zandranna
Owner
Owner

Name : Sandy
UK
Kudos : 68
Mood : Content
Birthday : 1st Nov
Scorpio Rat

PostSubject: Re: August Yacking   20/08/17, 09:33 am

We have blackberries growing opposite me which one chap goes harvesting for to make wine.

How funny.  I was only thinking how I would like to make my own bread again but I have nowhere to put it warm to rise.  I have no space for storing the extra piece of equipment of a bread maker so it would all have to be done the old fashioned way.

Aimee rang me yesterday morning to ask if I wanted to go visit Beverley with her, which I did, so I never got out to test the trike after all. 

Louie had a great time in and out of her garden for 4 hours.  He spent most of it around the rabbit hutches trying to get the rabbit to come out and play.  Now he has discovered them, he is obsessed with them.  They don't seem to care as there is no thumping of hind legs.  They just sit and watch him back.

Yeah, I wasn't too happy with that woman with her dogs, but as she is Beverley's friend I didn't want to say anything about her attitude, as none of the dogs got hurt anyway, and it was good experience for Louie, in a way, to be there with other dogs.

I too have to do a load of washing today.  This time my darks.  I try to just do one load each time because of the drying of them.

Back to top Go down
View user profile https://twitter.com/zandranna http://www.zandranna.com/u1wall
Whisper
Sappire Member
Sappire Member

UK
Kudos : 26
Mood : Restless
Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: August Yacking   20/08/17, 11:05 am

I've just done a darks load too. lol I've hung them out as they say it's going to be a dry day. A mix of sunny spells and black clouds at the moment but it hasn't rained so far so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

It was nice to see my grandson and meet his girlfriend, Him and his mum ended up having a shouting match which wasn't so pleasant. Good to see them all and good to see them leave too. All is quiet today thankfully.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elaine
Sappire Member
Sappire Member

Name : NutBar
CA
Mood : Peachy!
Birthday : October 1
Libra Tiger

PostSubject: Re: August Yacking   20/08/17, 03:29 pm

Sandy, I don't have a place to rise bread either so I turn my oven on it's the lowest heat, let it warm a bit then turn it off when I put the covered dough in & shut the door. My oven's lowest heat is 170F which seems to be perfect, so long as I shut it off once I put the dough in.
Whisper LOL at "Good to see them & good to see them leave"! Family dynamics can be so weird  headbang
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://twitter.com/@togonit http://canadianforumchat.freeforums.net/
Zandranna
Owner
Owner

UK
Scorpio Rat

PostSubject: Re: August Yacking   20/08/17, 03:49 pm

Oh wow!  That's so clever @Elaine.  How long do you find you have to leave it in there for?  If I remember rightly (it's been so many years now) one has to kneed it and raise it twice?

It's now almost 4pm and I still haven't done that washing.  I have however done two jobs that needed doing as part of my moving in process.  I do keep looking at the flat pack shelving though wondering if I should give it a go to fit together or wait for Charlie.

Back to top Go down
TaraLynn7
Amber Member
Amber Member

US
Kudos : 5
Birthday : 07/04/
Aries Monkey

PostSubject: Re: August Yacking   20/08/17, 04:00 pm

Hello all, 
Heading to a family thing today.  My niece is home from Virginia and is having her 1 yr old baptized and also all three boys birthday party.   Come Sept the oldest will be 5 and the youngest 1 and then in Oct the middle one will be 3.   Mother threw a tizzy fit on Friday and wasn't going.  I guess we all were suppose to beg her, so I sent a text to my siblings, said if you answer her just say OK. Do not beg her. Yesterday she called like nothing was wrong and asked if I could pick up some change for her cards, she was going.  I realize she will be 85 in Dec but she has always been like this and I am soooooooo tired of the games. I refuse to "play" them.  

So I make bread once in a great while, or I make nut roll at Christmas if I have time, and I raise my dough in my microwave.  If you google it...I place a cup of water in there, then the bowl of dough and you have to run it on the lowest power, if you can control the power level on your microwave.  Then I leave it in there and its warm in there and let if finish rising.  I love warm bread..oh my. 

Had breakfast yesterday with some former classmates.  There were 5 of us yesterday, then one came later. Might be 8 or 9 next month.  I hope.  WE learn so much about each other.  One guy comes and his mom was born in France.  We went to school for 12 yrs with him but he never shared how she grew up during the war.  She was captured a few times by the Germans but  her older sister was dating one of the Captains and they would rescue her. He told us how her and her sister saved a baby.  They shot the mother but she did die right way, she pushed that baby out, they wrapped it up and slid it under the fence. Then asked for a pass to go to church (if you didn't come back then they shot your parents)  They grabbed the baby and took it to the Catholic church.  They received a letter from him later thanking them for saving his life.  That the nuns had raised him.   Amazing stories and I cannot imagine growing up like that.  

Well I need to run, don't look at the sun tomorrow...or any other day.. LOL

Back to top Go down
View user profile https://twitter.com/Taralynn7 http://tarasbakingagain.blogspot.com/
Mozzie
Forumember
Forumember

Kudos : 1
Aries Dog

PostSubject: Re: August Yacking   20/08/17, 04:31 pm

Good evening all,  well apart from storms here, having bad net problems, and everything else thrown at us here, we are fine, hope your all good
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://s15.zetaboards.com/New_Horizons/index/
Elaine
Sappire Member
Sappire Member

CA
Libra Tiger

PostSubject: Re: August Yacking   20/08/17, 06:26 pm

Wow TaraLynn! That is a truly amazing story. Awful & wonderful at the same time ♥
Sandy, there are some very good 'no-kneed' bread recipes online. My fave is this Jennycancook recipe
https://youtu.be/I0t8ZAhb8lQ
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://twitter.com/@togonit http://canadianforumchat.freeforums.net/
Spherical
Ruby Member
Ruby Member

Name : Martha
AU
Kudos : 102
Mood : Amused
Birthday : 3rd March
Pisces Ox

PostSubject: Re: August Yacking   20/08/17, 08:41 pm

Elaine reading up on your roomie makes me realise ones again how glad I am that I live on my own! I honestly could not handle something like that and the older I get the more selfish I become LOL.

I managed to do both loads of washing and got half of it dry too. The rest is still outside on the line and it can stay there till tomorrow afternoon when I get home.
I say tomorrow but it's already 3.38am here so I guess it's today hahaha.

Gheez Mozzie you are not having much luck there! Sure hope the internet is sorted out now. I did see on the news that you guys are still getting a lot of rain. We've had a sunny day here.

TaraLynn it's amazing what some people had to endure during the war and straight after as well! To think that the ones in power have not learned from that is sad.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://spherical.forumotion.com http://sphericals.weebly.com
zucker7not
Topaz Member
Topaz Member

Name : GERU
CA
Kudos : 24
Mood : relaxed
Birthday : Febr.10th
Aquarius Ox

PostSubject: Re: August Yacking   20/08/17, 09:16 pm

We have turned a bit overcast here  , 18c , think wind is in the forecast , just what we need . What a Face
Got a busy week ahead of me , lots of appointments  etc etc etc affraid

Wow , lots of stories here today , won't be able to keep track ... lol

Elaine: thanks for the man story ... lol  I got a good laugh , I call that lack of communicating .. that would drive me crazy  .My son has a house and he just took in a roomy , it happens to be his long time friend who just split up with his girlfriend  , so he knows him , sure hope they can manage the kitchen thing . He bought a bigger fridge ... your side , my side ... lol  .. Right now all is fine while my son is away working  , but when he gets back the test will start .lol

Sandy:   don't keep looking at that pkg .... lol , it is a job and a half I bet  , specially because your place is small, but I know ...... waiting for Charlie  is stressful .... lol     that is how I got so independent , I could not stand the waiting  to get help , and learn I did, but oh boy oh boy .lol .,

Martha:  do you not have a dryer either ?  how do you all get your clothes dry when it's raining ?   I remember my Grandma having an attic with clotheslines , when it rained , the clothes went up there to dry .

Tara; that is an interesting breakfast with old classmates , and a sad and happy story about the baby .   I was born in Europe and 3 when the war broke out  , so I was a little kid , and was spared knowing what it was all about , but it was no less terrifying for me , scary scary things for a little  kid.  

Never thought of raising bread in a microwave , mine would be to small for that , think the Oven method might be better, but then .... Elaine's link to the bread looks promising if I can find the right type of pot for the Oven  .
The MOM story is funny ...... oh dear , up to her old tricks  well maybe she is slowly catching on that you guys are getting fed up ..

Whisper:  I got a chuckle out of the  shouting match story ,  the male ego acting up , his girlfriend was there ... lol    .don't I wish I could have one with my son , much better then walking on egg shells with him , he is so touchy . But it  should be done when we are alone , but maybe not shouting , just getting it all said , calm cool and collected  ... lol . Clear the air, and then get on with life.

Well, I best go look for that wizard again .

flower have a great day .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Whisper
Sappire Member
Sappire Member

UK
Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: August Yacking   21/08/17, 07:17 am

I'd agree about the girlfriend but they were like that long before she came on the scene. I'm not a shouter myself and it hurts my ears. I usually tell them to quieten down or take it outside if it can't wait. lol

Back to boring housework this morning and then lunch with family as usual. I need to walk along to the post office and post a birthday card to my Cali friend. I'll arrive there just after it. lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zandranna
Owner
Owner

UK
Scorpio Rat

PostSubject: Re: August Yacking   21/08/17, 08:53 am

My Mother could be exactly like that @TaraLynn7 .  Especially with offering her something to eat.  She would say,  "Oh I'll just have some bread and Jam".  One day instead of persuading her to have something better, I actually gave her bread and jam.  She never said that again.

Fascinating story and there are many people out there that can tell similar ones.  I once worked with an old boy that had a female friend that was a spy in Germany during the war.

Thanks for that link @Elaine I must have a play soon with some bread.

So nice to see you popping in again @Mozzie.

@Spherical I still haven't done my washing.  I'm such a lazy cowbags.

Today is another day @zucker7not and the flat pack is still there, lol.

Our family have such varied opinions from each other so we are very loud with our discussions.  So when we all get together it can get very loud, lol.

Another late start for me, and another night that I slept right through without getting up a dozen times.  My carpal tunnel and many other aches and pains seem to be getting much better too.

Back to top Go down
zucker7not
Topaz Member
Topaz Member

CA
Aquarius Ox

PostSubject: Re: August Yacking   21/08/17, 07:26 pm

What a strange morning here ,  weather wise around 10:00am  the sky got a weird color , got darker sort of , ahhh , brain went in to gear,   the eclipse .....  , it's now slowly getting brighter  , I did not look at the sun   , can watch it on the news . Something must have happened around here , Fire trucks and Ambulances howling like mad

Heard from my son, don't think this year he will make very much  money , only one Hail bout in one area so far.  I read there is Hail in Fiji and Australia this year ... ha ha ha ., 

I am off to pick up my refill prescription from the Drugstore after lunch, then make some important phone calls , and get that out of the way .   Right now , I got to turn on the Oven and bake some chicken legs .

See you later folks . 

Back to top Go down
View user profile
TaraLynn7
Amber Member
Amber Member

US
Kudos : 5
Birthday : 07/04/
Aries Monkey

PostSubject: Re: August Yacking   21/08/17, 08:49 pm

We watched some of the eclipse, my hubby was mad at himself for us not planning a ride today.  We were only about 1 to 2 hours from where the total was.  But it was still fascinating seeing it here.  It didn't get real dark but it did get evening looking.  

Sharing a kitchen with a room mate, might drive me over the edge..as I already have to share a kitchen with hubby.  I cooked for over 30 yrs before he retired.  I was still working at the time, so he cooked dinner.  Then when I retired well I went through several surgeries but now the last 4 yrs, hubby isn't in the mood for what I was planning or he hoovers around me making me crazy, seeing how it was cooked.  He was never ever picky he still isn't about what it is but if he is not in the mood.  So then he has days where he doesn't want to cook nad then blamed me for not having something ready.  So THAT did not go over well...I think he knows now......ha! 

Oh Sandy we should share stories.  It would help to not feel alone.  Your bread story was awesome. Pretty much like I did to mom over this party. She had no intentions of missing it, so when no one begged her she had to re-circle.   She was as nice as she could be Sunday when I picked her up.  She called today, she said did you hear what your sister said when she took that photo of us.  No I did not. She told your brother to get closer and act like he liked her. He must of made a face....so I said no I did not hear it. (If my sister said it she was just being funny)  She said your brother must of made a face and I sighed...so suddenly she says well I am not going to do anything about it.  That's good.   
Looking for drama.....so you are right Sandy. If she asked for bread and jam, that is what she is going to get.  Nothing more, nothing less...LOL   I hope I am good to my kids, well I am but I mean when I am a lot older and maybe not in control of my mind as much. 
Have a great day everyone!!

Back to top Go down
View user profile https://twitter.com/Taralynn7 http://tarasbakingagain.blogspot.com/
Whisper
Sappire Member
Sappire Member

UK
Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: August Yacking   22/08/17, 07:54 am

When you ask my mum what she wants for Christmas or her birthday she always tells us these days  she just wants a card. I keep telling her that's exactly what she'll get one of these days. The difference is she's not being dramatic. She really would be happy with just a card. 

It's another cloudy day here with showers. There was no chance of seeing even a partial eclipse with the thick cloud yesterday.

Going to see my brother later since I missed my usual Tuesday visit last week when my sister came over to cut and colour my hair. I bet he's got a list of things for me to do on his computer by now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zandranna
Owner
Owner

UK
Scorpio Rat

PostSubject: Re: August Yacking   22/08/17, 09:10 am

I find it so hard to think of things I want for pressies when my girls ask me.  The older we get the more we already have or buy ourselves.  But my girls are great as choosing fun pressie of things that you just wouldn't think of.

I think looking back now I think maybe Mum felt a little bitter that she couldn't see as much of us as she wanted to because we were all working.  However, she was always welcome to come and go as she pleased in our homes and always had a key to get in and out as she pleased.  But I think she still felt neglected because we simply didn't have much time to actually visit her in her own place, and when we did we couldn't stay long because we had jobs to catch up on.  So her bitterness showed through by her trying to show she didn't want to be a bother, if you know what I mean.

Now I'm in her postition I fully understand where she was coming from and maybe I should have made a point to stay a bit longer when I did pop into her's.

I simply don't get visits, yet my Sister and Niece are always ringing me up to say "come over" or "when are you coming over again", but they wont get off their arses to visit me.  I have to do the running.  If they do visit me, they barely sit their arses on a chair before they rush off again.

With my Daughter it's different.  She has only ever thought of having me around when she is between husbands and is lonely.  She hates going anywhere by herself and will continually ask me to her's or to go shopping or something with her.  Once she has a man, so to speak, it's as if I don't exist.

Now Martyn has moved in and she once again has a long term relationship, I do not expect to see much of her or receive many invitations to go over to hers.  This is why I have finally learnt my lesson and am trying hard to develop a busy life of my own.

My Daugher has always used me and dropped me dead when she no longer needs me.  I've always known that and always accepted it until now.

My eldest Granddaughter, Aimee, and I have developed a bit of a strained relationship since I lived with them.  She got very rude, mouthy and bossy towards me while I was living there and I was too ill to fight her, but just before I left I put my foot down and in no uncertain terms let her know that I am no longer going to put up with it.  But the couple of times I have seen her since me moving in to this flat, she has been a lot calmer and very polite, so I think she got the message.  Once she realises that Nan, is no longer a sucker and will no longer put up with her crap she will come around.  Prior to all of this her and I were very close and I'm sure we will be again.

Actually I have a funny little private story to tell Martha next time we chat on Skype regarding Aimee and me saying a "No" to her this week for the first time ever.

With my youngest Granddaughter Jess, I have an ally.  She has been amazing through my illness, without her I don't know what I would have done.  She helped me so much both physically and emotionally.  She has been my rock.

She keeps a lot of contact through texts and snapchat, but I don't expect to see much of her as she is such a hard worker and works so many hours and shifts, and her social life is also very busy, but if I needed anything she would come running.

Both Sarah and Aimee have to learn a big lesson from now on.  This worm has turned.  No longer am I going to be a sucker, unconditionally giving my all to them, and just getting used and abused in return.

I've now been up for almost 2 hours, my dog got straight into my bed as I left it and he is still in there fast asleep.  I'm soon going to have to turf him out to take him for his ablutions and so that I can make the bed.  Lazy little sod.

Charlie popped in yesterday to check on the drying out of the wet patches, and he is coming back Thursday morning to put my unit together.

We were talking yesterday about the crappy bus routes and I mentioned how the buses now no longer run at all through the village that my sister and niece live in.  It turns out, he lives directly opposite my Sister.  What a small world.

Back to top Go down
Elaine
Sappire Member
Sappire Member

CA
Libra Tiger

PostSubject: Re: August Yacking   22/08/17, 03:58 pm

Good Morning!
I'm feeling a bit under the weather today with some nausea, dizziness and aches. I'm hoping I will feel better as the day goes on, but so far I just want to crawl back into bed. Smile
Back to top Go down
zucker7not
Topaz Member
Topaz Member

CA
Aquarius Ox

PostSubject: Re: August Yacking   22/08/17, 06:37 pm

Just a quick drop in , chair delivery is happening today,  expecting  important phone calls  , need to get groceries later on .  So I best get dressed and be ready .
Have read the posts . might drop in later tonight if I feel like it .  

have a great day 

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elaine
Sappire Member
Sappire Member

CA
Libra Tiger

PostSubject: Re: August Yacking   22/08/17, 07:51 pm

That's a beautiful signature you have there Geru ♥
Back to top Go down
Toetapping
Sappire Member
Sappire Member

Name : Joy
AU
Kudos : 23
Capricorn Dog

PostSubject: Re: August Yacking   22/08/17, 09:38 pm

Having a lovely time with our friends and a lot of retail therapy.  Off out to a Chinese Restaurant this evening.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://nicetomeet.proboards.com
Kerri
Topaz Member
Topaz Member

Name : Kerri
Kudos : 7
Birthday : July 22
Cancer Horse

PostSubject: Re: August Yacking   22/08/17, 10:53 pm

Hi everyone.

Tara, 
The story about your granddaughter is so cute.
It's important to get your favorite color out there
when giving info about a person! Haha

Sandy, 
It's a shame people can't be responsible pet owners
and insist that their dogs behave or be on a close leash.

Elaine, 
All that talk of bread made me hungry for some.
I don't make homemade bread or use the breadmaker
but my husband has made it both ways.
He has to be careful about eating bread as he has diabetes.
I try to eat whole grain 12 grain bread now.

Geru, 
It's exciting to get a new piece of furniture.
Hope it is to your liking when it actually is in the room.

Wendy,
I could not see any of the eclipse here as it was very cloudy yesterday.
Although, it did get darker outside.
Hope you get some sunshine your way soon. 

Martha, 
I don't think the ones in power learn from the past,
"so as not to repeat it", as has been said.

Hi Joy.
Retail therapy? Is that just shopping for fun things? :0)
(Not necessities.)
I think I need a little retail therapy. (Kidding)

Worked a 13 hour day yesterday, stopped at the grocery store,
watered my flowers, ate a large chef's salad
with boiled eggs, garbanzo beans, spinach, Romaine lettuce, 
radishes, and some shredded carrots for dinner.
Then watched television in bed for a little bit.
(We have a TV in our bedroom.)

I worked an 11 hour day today.
All I want is a nice big baked potato for dinner. 
Enjoying the gorgeous, Autumn-like
sunny weather right now.

Hope everyone has a lovely rest of your day!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Beckea
Topaz Member
Topaz Member

Name : Becky
US
Kudos : 8
Mood : *Relaxed*
Birthday : 12/14
Sagittarius Rat

PostSubject: Re: August Yacking   23/08/17, 01:01 am

Hi All! It has been awhile but wanted to come for a bit to say hello!

Becky
"One benefit of Summer was that each day we had more light to read by." ― Jeannette Walls
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://internetcafe.boards.net http://theinternetcafe.forumotion.com http://theinternetcafe.forumotion.com http://www.zandranna.com/u28wall
Whisper
Sappire Member
Sappire Member

UK
Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: August Yacking   23/08/17, 09:13 am

Good for you Sandy. I understand a lot of what you're saying only too well. Even though I help mum out a lot so often by the time I've done her shopping and other errands etc. I don't really have time to just sit and chat. I know I'm going to regret it when she's gone and need to make more effort to find the time.

My granddaughter is pretty good and we get on very well. She does occasionally make the effort to come up just to see me but mostly it's a stopping off place to somewhere else she's going when she needs a bed overnight. I do understand that she's very busy with work though. The same applies to my daughter although she would be up here in a flash if I really needed her for something important. My grandson who was here the other day is a rude and obnoxious brat. A carbon copy of his dad who dragged him down there when he and my daughter separated and then more or less abandoned him to do his own thing. He's a self-absorbed teenager and shows no sign of improving anytime soon. I only see him when he wants something. Usually near his birthday funnily enough.

My other daughter I've seen only once since she left home at 17 and that was at her grandad's funeral. My ex and my other daughter kept in touch with her for a while but they too lost patience after a few years. She has two sons I've never seen and the oldest turned 18 this year.

Learning not to let your life revolve around them is difficult but has to be done. When it comes down to it I'd be much more confident of depending on my siblings than I would my actual offspring.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zandranna
Owner
Owner

UK
Scorpio Rat

PostSubject: Re: August Yacking   23/08/17, 11:26 am

Seems we all have our crosses to bear, and we keep them hidden as we don't want our friends to know our kids and/or Grandkids are less than perfect.

We only relate the good stories on line, which makes us each think that everyone has much better lives and relationships than we do, which in turn makes us feel we have failed somewhere along the line.   Maybe we should also let off steam occasionally too. 

I hope you are feeling a lot better now @Elaine

@Toetapping  I've never been one for retail therapy.  My girls are, but I just hate the dragging around the shops.

@Kerri Funnily enough I was going to do myself a Jacket (baked) potato and tuna mayo last night, but as I had had a dinner from the dining hall at midday, I just had a sandwich instead.  I might have the Jacket Pot and Tuna with some salad tonight instead.

And hi back to you @Beckea.

As you can see, I had a little play on here yesterday with the Chinese Astrology images.  I pinched the new images from Zetaboards.  I rather like those.  I would now like to find some more interesting ones for our western astrological signs.

My little shit of a dog woke up early this morning (very rare for him) and then woke me by shoving his filthy, wet, rag rat in my face.  I got up and dressed thinking he must want an urgent wee......  But no.....  I turned around and he had jumped into my bed snuggled under the covers and he then stayed in there fast asleep for the next hour.  Little bugger.

He never actually sleeps in bed with me, always on top, but he loves getting in my bed as I get out of it in the mornings.  I just can't believe he deliberately woke me up to turf me out of it this morning so that he could get in it.

Back to top Go down
Mozzie
Forumember
Forumember

Kudos : 1
Aries Dog

PostSubject: Re: August Yacking   23/08/17, 07:44 pm

Good morning everyone, it is pretty early in the morning here again, i was i bed for a little today as i had a head ache, so here i am not able to sleep lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://s15.zetaboards.com/New_Horizons/index/
zucker7not
Topaz Member
Topaz Member

CA
Aquarius Ox

PostSubject: Re: August Yacking   23/08/17, 09:49 pm

Well, we are partly cloudy today , some light wind , and 18c , so no complaining today about the hot weather . I know we will get rain , but it better come soon, the BC fire situation is getting worse every day .
 I have been feeling sick for a few days now , it's weird, the base  of my skull feels swollen ...( arthritis ) very uncomfortable ,  weird , headaches or pains now and then , dizzy feeling , stomach feels weird at times too, and tired feeling , it comes and goes,  looks like a virus  .. no fever ! I am famous for picking up viruses . The grocery store cart handles ... yup , they did away with the sanitizing wipes ... yup , and I am using cash instead of my debit card ... money is dirty , everyone touches it . And here comes the big one .... THE ELEVATOR  , yes indeed , small space , many enter and go in and out ,yup 
got to use those stairs more often .while I still can ...lol 

Yesterday tired me out , waiting for the delivery was stressful , window was 1pm -5pm  , they came at 4:30 pm , so sitting and waiting , hate it . They put it together , and took away the  huge heavy cardboard box  ,  so   all went  well .
 My important phone calls never came   , do to my own screw up last Saturday .......long story !! A   Very frustrating day, and not feeling good did not help .  

The good news ... my chair is great , black leather .   Although it's not as plush as the one I had here , it belonged to my son .  All the same , it reclines to sleeping position if needed . 10 years back I fell and  broke four ribs on my sleeping side ... and that is where I slept for 17month .... in the lazy Boy , it saved my life I tell you . 

Sandy:   thanks for the laugh , I split a gut .... how dare he  !!    affraid  Evil or Very Mad that's my bed , and not your's I would say .  I thought only cats were  the masters of the house ,  but I guess he is Mama's baby , spoiled rotten ... lol   , lucky  Louie !! 

Elaine" Are you feeling better ?     And  thanks !! , I love hats ,  even winter ones  , I have a black Russian fur hat , and can't wait to wear it .... lol . It reminds me of the coffee date I had on a January afternoon . Windy as heck, 2c , a walk by the Ocean after our coffee .... I wore my black slacks , a  light toupe  knee length parka , and my black Russian fur hat , and he came in dark blue shorts, white knee high socks and dark  blue runners, and a bright red ,short sleeved T-shirt  . Hope you are laughing by now ......    only one date happened ... lol  the odd couple !! in more ways then one . tongue

Toe tapping :   I hate retail therapy , I like going by myself , so I can  concentrate on getting what I am looking for .  But of course I understand your therapy part ... lol , good idea . for you I guess , enjoy .

Beckea:   have a great day .

Whisper:  We have things in common  I can see that .... I feel children from divorced parents  are different , most of them get spoiled  rotten .

my oldest daughter from my first marriage  came for a weeks visit in 2015 , it was a nightmare visit , I could write a book . 
 Visit me ??   oh dear, she sat and played with her iPad all day , looking to buy a condo in BC  she said !!  She is 59 , single , and has a house  and job in another Province .  She smoked like a trooper, and told me she had quit several years ago .  She would run out and have a smoke , and chat with  all my neighbours that smoked outside , and even aired the dirty laundry ( so to speak ) with all the smokers  affraid that are my neighbours .( I found this out by what some of the neighbours said to me ) after she was gone   Shocked  Shocked  
While here , she was on the Internet digging in family  history . She comes up with the story about my father ( her Grandfather )  being a war hero because ......... long story .... .  I said she was wrong, no hero's in the family  , I would know , he was my father .  Some one with the same name  maybe  ? She is mad now  , that sort of thing, and goes outside smoking and talking about our arguments .   I better stop , or this will be a book . Many arguments on the visit  , and only one glass of wine !! 
Needless to say , after her visit , we e-mailed back and forth , and I spoke up , telling her what I really thought of her visit .   I am getting punished for speaking up for myself, she has not talked to me since last Thanksgiving .    I give up , no more tearing myself apart , and no more crawling . 
the last thing she said to me as leaving here from that visit ...is this"   Pointing her fingers at me she said " now don't you forget ... I kept my promise "  
Meaning  :   she said on Facebook, I am coming to visit you , and she did .
Her younger sister said she is coming to visit  me , and did not show up ... you get the picture now ? 
Why all this ?, not  sisterly rivalry in the normal  sense ,  or love  ,  Well think , I am 81 .     Amen . 

Back to top Go down
View user profile

August Yacking
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Zan's Zone :: Now We're Buzzing - Members Only :: Coffee Break-
Jump to:  

Advertising Us & Our Websites

The Best of Top 100s