Affiliates at a Glance

(Replaces the Marquee)

Latest Activity

Inaine daily personal tweeting. To follow my more serious tweets go to
@SandyYatesUK
Whatcha Up To?

This Week’s Video
Facts
Scientists say that a star goes super nova in our galaxy roughly every 26 years. They can see how many have gone super nova by the remnants left. They have counted the past super novas and have found there have been approximately 250 in the life of our galaxy. 26 years x 250 = 6,500 years - This is the approximate age of the Earth as written in the Bible.

Share | 

September Chit Chat

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Dougalarse
Amethyst Member
Amethyst Member

Name : Douglas
CA
Kudos : 12
Leo Dragon

PostSubject: Re: September Chit Chat   23/09/17, 01:57 am

What`s with the flowers in the reply box?  tongue 

Hey you old girls. How are yous? 

Wendy went away?  Why did no one tell me?  Welcome back Wendy. geek
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spherical
Ruby Member
Ruby Member

Name : Martha
AU
Kudos : 105
Mood : Amused
Birthday : 3rd March
Pisces Ox

PostSubject: Re: September Chit Chat   23/09/17, 03:48 am

Will be interesting indeed to see what happens with Netflix and that cartel Elaine.

Just A quick hi while I'm playing with the new App that Forumotion has informed us of.
No idea how well it goes but have made a new thread for it on my board.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://spherical.forumotion.com http://sphericals.weebly.com
Zandranna
Owner
Owner

Name : Sandy
UK
Kudos : 76
Mood : Content
Birthday : 1st Nov
Scorpio Rat

PostSubject: Re: September Chit Chat   23/09/17, 11:56 am

Wow!  Dougie has found his way here again. Hope you are well matie.

I've replied to that post over on yours about that app Martha.

I have to say Wendy that if I could walk further and carry loads I would still be physically shopping locally.  I hate shopping on line, but for me at this time it's the only option I have.  I"m hoping that will all change after my proceedure in November.

I had a terrible job of getting the new Tescos delivery chap to find me last night.  I always have the late delivery because it's cheaper but then they are of course delivering in the dark.

Their sat navs seem to take them into the road behind my flats rather than into my road and then into my complex.  THis has happened so many times before.

After him ringing me three times with me giving directions and him getting lost I finally managed to lead him into the complex, but then he went sailing passed my block of flats.  So in the end I went outside and flagged him down and lead him physically to my block.

I'm going to get in touch with the office to explain that they must cut down the bushes around the sign into the complex and maybe put up a bigger sign at some point so that people can find us.

Almost midday and I am still sitting here in my nightie and on my second cup of tea.  Louie is still in bed would you believe, but then we did have a very late night last night before we both finally settled down.

Weather good here, sunny with no sign of rain, so going to get a couple of walks in today.  With the short walks and the general pottering I am now doing 5000 steps a day with no problem.  I"m going to make sure I stick at that until my next hospital visit and then thereafter I should be ok to build up more with no problem. Fingers crossed on that one.

Frank Ocean wrote:
Don't get my personality and my attitude confused.  My personality is me.
My attitude depends on you.

Back to top Go down
View user profile https://twitter.com/zandranna http://www.zandranna.com/u1wall Online
Whisper
Sappire Member
Sappire Member

UK
Kudos : 27
Mood : Restless
Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: September Chit Chat   23/09/17, 12:24 pm

That could get very irritating after a while Sandy. Hopefully they'll do something about the sign. Enjoy your walks. It's actually a sunny morning here too. Very pleasant indeed after the wind and rain I came home to.

Yes I went away Dougie. You'd have noticed if you'd showed your face here earlier. :p

I've done some laundry and mopped my big floor so I'm in need of coffee and a rest.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spherical
Ruby Member
Ruby Member

AU
Pisces Ox

PostSubject: Re: September Chit Chat   24/09/17, 07:56 am

Oh wow Dougie's post did not show for me yesterday when I made mine!

Well well fancy you showing your face again here Dougie. tongue  Hope all is well with you and yours.
You tell him Wendy hahahaha.

Afternoon here and I'm still in my pj's! Not going to bother getting dressed either as it's not very nice, weather wise. Expecting nasty weather a bit later so I will then unplug my comp and snuggle up with my kindle, coffee and chocolates lol.

Long weekend here so not rushing for or on anything.

Sandy I would insist they do something about cutting back the bushes and indeed perhaps better signage. I have the same problem here and always have to direct the couriers.

Back to top Go down
Zandranna
Owner
Owner

UK
Scorpio Rat

PostSubject: Re: September Chit Chat   24/09/17, 11:27 am

Good morning all.  Another nice day here if a bit chilly.  I"m having another slow start to the day but I do seem to get things done anyway by the time it comes to settling down to watch evening tele.

I got my 5000 steps in again yesterday for which I am pleased about.  I don't feel so guilty now when just sitting on the comp.

I am now formulating plans for my bathroom.  There are a few cheap bits I need to buy to make it all more convenient and less basic.  Nothing too drastic but silly things like something in the shower to hold soaps, shampoos and such, along with some hooks for my bathrobe and towels and so on.  Just your normal bits you would expect to find in a bathroom that I haven't yet organised.

I might do all that today regarding the ordering of things needed.  I need to make a list first.

Other than that I have no plans for today except to get my 5000 steps in.

Frank Ocean wrote:

Back to top Go down
View user profile https://twitter.com/zandranna http://www.zandranna.com/u1wall Online
Whisper
Sappire Member
Sappire Member

UK
Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: September Chit Chat   24/09/17, 11:47 am

Another sunny morning here too. It clouded over by lunchtime yesterday and stayed that way all day. Cloud rolling in now so it looks like a repeat. Not a bad day though so far. I'm on a go slow. I seem to be having trouble kicking myself out of holiday mode. Oh well one more day and then back into my usual routine otherwise I'll never get anything done.

My cat who has never liked human food seems to have acquired a taste for it while she was at my daughter's. Little minx nicked the roast chicken out of my sandwich while I went to answer the door yesterday!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kerri
Topaz Member
Topaz Member

Name : Kerri
Kudos : 7
Birthday : July 22
Cancer Horse

PostSubject: Re: September Chit Chat   24/09/17, 08:35 pm

Hi Everyone.

Too funny about your cat pinching some of your sandwich meat, Wendy!

Sandy, Great that your getting in 5000 steps a day.

I got up early and went grocery shopping this morning
as I like to beat the crowds.
One of my granddaughters spent the night last night.
After I got home from grocery shopping
and picking her up some pancakes at MacDonalds,
she asked if I took take her to another store to pick up
a birthday gift for someone.
I told her I'd take her.
My husband asked me if I would stop at Home Depot
and pick up a lamp while we were out and about anyway.
(I have been putting it off and we do need
a lamp in that corner of the room as our old one broke.)
So we picked up the birthday present then stopped
and found a lamp.

For lunch I baked stuffed green peppers
and made some peas and pearl onions in a white sauce.
I love stuffed peppers.

I might do a load of laundry and I have a few
hand washables that I need to soak.

I cannot believe how hot it is outside for Autumn.
And humid. 
This is the time of year that I usually can save money
on the electric bill by not running the air conditioner.
But we had to run the AC again today.
I do not like the humidity.  :0(

The oak trees had been dropping tons of acorns around the apartment.
One of my young granddaughters gathered up a bunch of them
a few days ago and had them in a small box.
I emptied the box outside this morning and several squirrels
were gathered outside on my patio shortly thereafter.
I think they thought it was Christmas!!
They were going crazy gathering up the acorns,
digging a few holes and burying them, scurrying off
with them in their mouths.  :0)

Hope everyone has a great rest of your day!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zucker7not
Topaz Member
Topaz Member

Name : GERU
CA
Mood : relaxed
Birthday : Febr.10th
Aquarius Ox

PostSubject: Re: September Chit Chat   24/09/17, 08:53 pm

Some sun, some clouds, brisk fall day I think, 15c,  looks peaceful out today .
          Nothing much new here  , had a nice long e-mail from my European Cousin  , she travels        a  lot , always has interesting stories to tell .   Elections going on for them today, and        ,     she is all anxious to see the out come  , lets hope it's good . lol ....is it ever ??  lol

The flowers in this reply box  partially hide what I am writing , looks so pretty , but frustrating , my eyes are not all that young .

hello to everyone , have a great Sunday .

flower have a great day .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elaine
Sappire Member
Sappire Member

Name : NutBar
CA
Mood : Peachy!
Birthday : October 1
Libra Tiger

PostSubject: Re: September Chit Chat   24/09/17, 10:46 pm

Happy 
Autumn is perfect so far ♥️ We did some shopping today and now relaxing. I love this time of year♥️
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://twitter.com/@togonit http://canadianforumchat.freeforums.net/
Spherical
Ruby Member
Ruby Member

AU
Pisces Ox

PostSubject: Re: September Chit Chat   25/09/17, 02:37 am

Good morning all and I am having a lazy, slow start to the day. It's a public holiday here so no need to rush out lol; that's tomorrow for me.

Well done on your 5000 steps Sandy Smile

I need to get the paint for my living areas soon too and start painting before it gets too hot here.

Lol Wendy your cat is funny Smile

I need to do some washing today too Kerri and it will have to go on the clothes horse as it's peeing down with rain here.

Hi Geru and Elaine Smile hope you've had a nice Sunday.

Back to top Go down
Whisper
Sappire Member
Sappire Member

UK
Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: September Chit Chat   25/09/17, 10:52 am

lol @ the squirrels. Maybe they've been watching my cat stealing. I'm sure they were grateful for the extra acorns though. I wonder if they'll remember where they are when they really need them or whether they'll have been stolen by then. It sounds like the cold weather is still a way off for you Kerri.

Stuffed peppers. Yummy!

Ah yes the German elections. I saw the outcome but haven't read any details yet.

Back to boring old housework for me this morning and then lunch with family. We'll be going to mum's today as she's not well enough to be going out. She's in a lot of pain and struggling to breathe properly. We're waiting for the results of an x-ray she had last week and she has a scan booked this week too.

I hope you enjoyed your long weekend Martha. Oh and my cat is a brat! lol

Keep up the good work Sandy. Hopefully you'll be able to increase that 5000 very soon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zandranna
Owner
Owner

UK
Scorpio Rat

PostSubject: Re: September Chit Chat   25/09/17, 02:56 pm

I see quite a few mini stories in here since my last post.

Apart from the dog getting a short walk I am not going out at all.  It's dull and miserable out there today.

I finally got off my backside this morning and finished the photo framing of several photos that I started printing off weeks ago.  I've posted an image of it in my Journal.

Yesterday I ordered all the little bits I need for my bathroom.  They all cost a little more than I thought they would, but they will make the bathroom look more cared for.  Oh that reminds me, there is something else I need to get on Amazon.  I still can't figure out what to do about the bathroom window though.

Frank Ocean wrote:

Back to top Go down
zucker7not
Topaz Member
Topaz Member

CA
Aquarius Ox

PostSubject: Re: September Chit Chat   25/09/17, 07:03 pm

Light drizzle here this morning , clouded over , with a few breaks here and there .  Nice day all the same ..... love fall , and soon the leaves will start falling and make messes .... lol   , the kids will all love it .

Wendy:  pretty bad kitty ...  lol! resorting to stealing now ..... affraid   , hope your mom will be feeling better soon .

Kerri : : stuffed peppers are sooooo good .  and  yes , the weatherman is confused , it's  fall , and not summer ... lol Humidity I can't hack well  either .

Martha; hope you enjoyed your public holiday , good to rest up .  I have watched  *Safe Haven * last week , and realized I had seen it before , and yes, it's a good movie.  Watched another one last night , will see if  I can find the title again , it's worth watching .

Elaine:   love the cute little graphic , nice weather does help to make things run smoothly

Sandy:    Litle by little you are making your home a home . Just an idea,  there is window plastic film you can't see through , but has patterns  and lets in the light  for the bathroom window .

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spherical
Ruby Member
Ruby Member

AU
Pisces Ox

PostSubject: Re: September Chit Chat   26/09/17, 12:55 am

Yep had a nice relaxing day yesterday Smile Busy day today so just a quick check in before getting ready to head out.

Back to top Go down
Dougalarse
Amethyst Member
Amethyst Member

CA
Leo Dragon

PostSubject: Re: September Chit Chat   26/09/17, 02:50 am

Evening all.

We`ve had raccoons eating the acorns in the trees around here. My deck has been a mess in the mornings. They don`t just go for the acorns they tear branches off. 

That is funny Wendy.. wtg Pip. Wink I hope you mum is feeling better soon.

Doing good Sandy.

Sorry Martha we aren`t ready to give up summer yet. It`s extremely hot here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Whisper
Sappire Member
Sappire Member

UK
Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: September Chit Chat   26/09/17, 07:39 am

It's not funny. Well OK maybe a bit but she better not make a habit of nicking my lunch. Leave her for two weeks and she turns into a delinquent. lol At least she's not pulling branches off trees though. Little vandals. Cute though.

Thanks GERU and Dougie. Hopefully we'll get some results back soon and at least know what we're dealing with. 

Is the window frosted Sandy and how big is it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zandranna
Owner
Owner

UK
Scorpio Rat

PostSubject: Re: September Chit Chat   26/09/17, 11:12 am

The window is frosted Wendy but one can still see in to a certain extent during the day and if the light is on then can be seen in almost clearly.  At the moment I have just put a large picture frame against it.  It's about 19 ins x 22 ins.

I had a look see at that sort of window covering the other night Geru.  It's brilliant for hiding everything during the day but once again if the light is turned on at night, it is no different that having nothing there.

Leave the Racoons alone Dougie.  Everyone knows that decks are built purely for fun time for the nocturnals, lol.

You just have to love those cats.  When I went over to see Aimee's new kittens a couple of weeks ago, one of the buggers nicked a whole sandwich off of my plate.  I couldn't believe what a brave little bugger it was.

I've got to nip all the way to the shops later just to get some refills for my e-ciggy.  I hadn't realised I had run out until I used the last one last night.  I forgot to put them on my shopping delivery this week. Bummer!

Frank Ocean wrote:

Back to top Go down
zucker7not
Topaz Member
Topaz Member

CA
Aquarius Ox

PostSubject: Re: September Chit Chat   26/09/17, 05:46 pm

Quick drop in this morning, got to get ready for my Hematologist appointment  .

Weather is good right now , showers last night , but dry out now , sun out , nice day .
                 Hello to everyone .    

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dougalarse
Amethyst Member
Amethyst Member

CA
Leo Dragon

PostSubject: Re: September Chit Chat   26/09/17, 08:19 pm

How come there are girly froufrou flowers in the reply box?   tongue  

Sandy you can get a film that`ll darken that window making it almost opaque or you can just paint it. tongue

Between squirrels chipmunks and raccoons. We are not amused.  Evil or Very Mad  

Take you sammiches with you Wendy. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zucker7not
Topaz Member
Topaz Member

CA
Aquarius Ox

PostSubject: Re: September Chit Chat   26/09/17, 11:20 pm

What a pain, have to move over  to see .  !!! headbang lol!
               Back from the Hematologist visit, always a costly taxi ride , and a pain in the neck ,                       but all went well .  Beautiful fall day here , will go for my walk now and visit the eye  glasses                                       store , and see about finding a good price for my glasses, if not, I might
                                                try my luck on line , but that is a real pain too ... lol . 
                                         Raccoons  can sure wreck things
           and are great for spreading rabies , got to be careful ,             they like to share cat or dog-food , and spread the
                 the rabies that way .... no kidding , the paper
                  always warms people not to feed them .  

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spherical
Ruby Member
Ruby Member

AU
Pisces Ox

PostSubject: Re: September Chit Chat   27/09/17, 02:15 am

I was about to ask about rabies but Geru answered that one.

Hope your mum is feeling a bit better Wendy and you find out what's causing her breathing problems.

Sandy I would look for a small blind for that window; one you can pull up and down.

Dougie, Sandy made it all pretty hence the flowers Wink

Back to top Go down
Whisper
Sappire Member
Sappire Member

UK
Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: September Chit Chat   27/09/17, 07:54 am

Sandy I thought roller blind but that doesn't help in the daytime unless you have it permanently down. Can you get Venetian ones that small so you can angle the slats? 

Surprisingly my brother had no computer glitches for me to sort out yesterday so we just had a good catch up and looked at some photos. He was having a bay window replaced while I was there. Looked great when they finished but the entire house stank of silicon.

Nothing planned for today. Laundry to do and a cat that needs a good combing but apart from that I'll be playing it by ear.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zandranna
Owner
Owner

UK
Scorpio Rat

PostSubject: Re: September Chit Chat   27/09/17, 09:18 am

Thanks for all the ideas for my window.  I'm sure I will get it sorted soon.  It might have to end up being the venetian blinds, although I wanted to avoid those if I could.

I have the optician's this morning.  I've been putting it off until now due to not wanting to sit for a long period in their chair, but of course I feel a lot better now, so should be able to get through the examination without having to dart to the loo halfway through.

Packages for my bathroom bits should start arriving today.  I"m hoping if they deliver while I am out they will just leave them with a neighbour or dump them outside my door which they sometimes do.

I'm not usually a flowery type of person Dougie but I thought it would make a nice change.

Is there any decorating to do now new windows are in Wendy, or was it just a case of messing with changing the frames all cleanly without having to touch the walls around them?

Frank Ocean wrote:

Back to top Go down
zucker7not
Topaz Member
Topaz Member

CA
Aquarius Ox

PostSubject: Re: September Chit Chat   27/09/17, 06:37 pm

I will now do a large bold  print ,  do to the flowers in the reply box ,  other wise it makes for a messy print out , in order for me to see, [size=18]yes the flowers are pretty, but they are a pain in the neck lol! .and no .... new glasses wont help .     
[/size]

[size=16]d[/size]

Back to top Go down
View user profile

September Chit Chat
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Zan's Zone :: Now We're Buzzing - Members Only :: Coffee Break-
Jump to:  

Advertising Us & Our Websites