Spring & Summer Chit Chat - Page 8
A Warm Welcome

This site is - 600 Days Old
A Warm Welcome to Zan's Zone Guest
Please feel free to come and go as you please.
Please tell me if you see any mistakes in the skin so that I can fix it.
Feel free to add a link to your own board, blog or website in your signature.
The size of images added to signatures are restricted to avoid long scrolling passed them.
If you have made a post on your own board and you would like to post a link to it, Post it Here
Gab

Gab the new social media system - A cross between Facebook and Twitter.

Whatcha Up To?

My Time & Weather

Click for Bournemouth, United Kingdom Forecast

Worthwhile Charities

Share | 

Spring & Summer Chit Chat

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Geru
Sappire Member
Sappire Member

Name : Hannelore
CA
Kudos : 6

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   27/06/18, 06:17 pm

more plants doing well .
Back to top Go down
Geru
Sappire Member
Sappire Member

CA

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   27/06/18, 06:19 pm

A wild growing outside potted planter
Back to top Go down
Zandranna
Owner
Owner

Name : Sandy
UK
Kudos : 128
Mood : Energetic
Birthday : 1st Nov

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   28/06/18, 09:16 am

Nice plants Geru.

Every time I speak to anyone they seem to be having to pay out on their cars.  I hope the news hasn't been too bad from your family Martha.  Thinking of you matie.

Yeah Wendy, we intend to plan a trip to the Animal Centre soon.  The heat wave is doing me in like a kipper during the day though, so I hope Aimee doesn't make it before the weather cools a bit.

It was so hot here yesterday that I waited until 9pm last night to nip to the top of the road to Tescos Express to get a couple of bits.

It's hard to get a through draft here in my flat as all windows are on one side so I'm even having to shut the curtains at the height of the heat for a couple of hours to keep the sun out so that I'm not sitting here roasting.

I did a little more hand sewing yesterday which I'm thoroughly enjoying doing.  I"m spending so much time on sewing now that I leave my gateleg table open all the time with all my sewing bits on.  I thought it silly to pack it all away each night only to get it all out again the following day.  I am also leaving the ironing board continually set up too.

It takes up a lot of room in this small flat and doesn't leave a lot of room to move around in, but as I only have Charlie and my girls dropping in on the hop with no warning I thought what the heck.  So my living area has sort of turned into a sewing room, lol.

I doubt I will go far again today as it looks like it's going to be another belter.  I will get enough sunshine and walking just taking the dog around the site for his wees, and then as I have been doing, will take him for a bit longer walk in the cool of the evening.

Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/zandranna https://gab.ai/Zandranna
Whisper
Emerald Member
Emerald Member

UK
Kudos : 46
Mood : Restless

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   28/06/18, 10:39 am

It's another scorcher here too. I closed the curtains in here yesterday as well. The sun streams in from midday until sunset during the summer when it's high in the sky. The gable end of the house opposite blocks most of it for the rest of the year but it was like an oven in here yesterday. I could get a through draft from front to back if I opened the windows but with all the noise and fumes I'd rather tolerate the heat. I just have one back window open behind where I'm sitting and that makes it noisy enough.

Finally got my car back at about 6pm. It still needs another £240 worth of work doing on it but that job wasn't bad enough (yet) to make it fail the MOT. I think this will be the last year I'll keep it. It's not earning its keep any more.
Back to top Go down
Geru
Sappire Member
Sappire Member

CA

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   28/06/18, 06:26 pm

IMG_0368
Lets see if this works  lol
Well..... sort of . but the enlargement does not look right , way to big .

Pain , and more pain . Tried taking the second anti- inflammatory pill last night , and wow , it's a no no , got a splitting headache from high blood pressure , so no more of that  . I have read your nice posts , but I just can't think with all this pain .
Back to top Go down
Geru
Sappire Member
Sappire Member

CA

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   28/06/18, 06:45 pm

So sorry, my sister did not want her picture on the net , so I deleted it ,  most of you saw it , so I guess it's not going to be missed .  Have a great day 
Back to top Go down
Elaine
Emerald Member
Emerald Member

Name : NutBar
CA
Kudos : 41
Mood : Introspective
Birthday : October 1

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   29/06/18, 01:08 am

I've very much enjoyed reading everyone's posts since I was last here.
My laptop finally gave up a few days ago and so now I'm mostly using my phone on wifi until I can get at least one of 2 laptops running again. I fixed Roomie's laptop and WOW is he ever happy to have all his stuff available again! I'm thinking I should have charged some big $$ for that LOL. My fingers got pretty darn sore from the precision screwdrivers and from prying off the keyboards and covers etc. You wouldn't believe how stressful the job is! Maybe because I don't really know what I'm doing, have only refurbished towers before, and my eyesight ain't what it used to be, but I'd say be paid $100/hour might be more incentive to keep me trying LOL . One thing that's scary is I don't at this time have a way of grounding, so the electric static could easily destroy my data while I poke around.  I do really need to get mine running again though. I miss it so much.
Geru, I sure hope that pain will subside. i feel for you  Crying or Very sad
Tara! OMGosh how scary to have your eyesight fail like that. I can't even imagine. I'm so sorry. Hopefully there will be some hidden plus side to it. ((Hugs))
Hi Beckea! I love you
Martha & Whisper, besides the cost of insurance and gas, repairs are one big reason that I don't own a car! Trying to figure out if the mechanic is honest or not would drive me right round the bend.
Hi there Dazzal!
Sandy Aimee's birthday event sounds wonderful even with not making it to the animal park Smile

I very likely will have the entire weekend to myself as Roomie is tentatively planning to go to the mountains to visit friends & family. He had originally planned his long weekend to help his parent's get started on renovating their summer home after recent floods. Everything has been postponed now because the insurance company is not wanting to pay and it might have to go to court first. |he's thinking he might like to head up there anyway. Fingers crossed! lol
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/@togonit http://canadianforumchat.freeforums.net/
Whisper
Emerald Member
Emerald Member

UK

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   29/06/18, 08:59 am

I hope you can get a handle on that pain soon Geru. Not fun at all.

Well done on one laptop Elaine. Yep you should have charged for your time. Maybe you can extract payment in kind instead when you need his help with something.

I had a text from my daughter this morning. Her flight from Florida lands at Manchester about 8.30am tomorrow and they'll probably pop by for a visit on their way home.

I'm off grocery shopping shortly before it gets too hot out there. Another scorcher is forecast.
Back to top Go down
Kerri
Topaz Member
Topaz Member

Name : Kerri
Kudos : 10
Birthday : July 22

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   29/06/18, 10:46 pm

Hi Everyone.

Elaine, 
So nice of you to fix Roomie's laptop!
I never could have done that.
Hope you enjoy your weekend!

Wendy, 
I can relate to the expenses with
the upkeep of a car.
Enjoy your time with your daughter.

Geru, 
Love the pictures of your plants.
I can grow things on my patio
just fine, but I can't keep anything alive
inside. 
How wonderful that you got to spend
time with your half sister and niece.

Sandy, 
Glad you are enjoying the sewing.
Nothing wrong with the living room
being a sewing room as long as Charlie
doesn't mind.

Hi Martha, Beckea and Dazz!

It is 37C/98F here today.
We are having cold lettuce salad 
and cold tuna/macaroni salad for dinner.

The air conditioner will be on 
24 hours a day for a few days.
I might go for a swim in the apartment
swimming pool a little later.

Hope everyone has a lovely rest of the day!
Back to top Go down
Geru
Sappire Member
Sappire Member

CA

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   30/06/18, 12:54 am

Just dropping in , while I wait for the laundry  to dry , it's so hard to get it done now days , seems like to many folks are using it during the day now . 

Still in pain ,  (I need sleep and more sleep ), as I can only take one anti inflammatory pill, the second one gives me a big headache and high blood pressure , no thanks  . The side affects it gives me are not nice either , I hate meds   , even Tylenol is not well tolerated by me , just not a pill person .

Elaine:  great that you can fix lap-tops , wow , congratulations , I would not know where to start .  Good to see you in here again , hope you are well ? 

Whisper:   yup , cars are a pain ...... I miss mine , but .... I was replacing things all the time , to maintain it . Enjoy your daughters visit when she drops in on her way back . 

Kerri: enjoy the swim in your pool , wow , 37 c , that is hot hot hot ,  ,and yes, the photo of us , was taken last summer when she came to BC , not sure if she will get here this summer . Have deleted the photo since , sorry .

Tara:  so sorry to hear you need eye surgery now , god only knows what all I need ...  but I am to chicken at this late stage in my life for any surgery . Have you heard anything from Anne ??  

Back to top Go down
Kerri
Topaz Member
Topaz Member

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   30/06/18, 02:54 am

Geru,

So sorry to hear you are in so much pain.

Can your doctor find a different anti-inflammatory drug
that does not have bad side effects for you?

Wish the best for you.
Back to top Go down
Whisper
Emerald Member
Emerald Member

UK

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   30/06/18, 11:31 am

37C is a wee bit too hot for me. I'd be hiding somewhere with excellent air conditioning. Great having a pool you can use though at least.

I'm not a pill person either Geru but it's not because of side effects. They just don't work for me. I've had combinations that would supposedly knock an ox out and they haven't affected me in the slightest.  I think my doc thinks I'm a bit weird. lol

Another hot day although there is just the slightest of breezes today which might make it feel less sticky. I hope so.

Daughter has been and gone but will be back up next weekend. Her partner is going to replace the brake discs on my car which will save me another hefty garage bill. He wasn't amused at what they charged me to replace a broken spring coil but since it had to be done to pass the MOT I had to go ahead and have it done. 

I have some forms I need to fill out before I go to the spinal clinic on Thursday. I've had them for a few days and keep putting it off so I ought to get to them today while I have nothing urgent to get on with.
Back to top Go down
Geru
Sappire Member
Sappire Member

CA

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   30/06/18, 07:39 pm

Dropping in , it's raining , long weekend here .... .  Had a bad night again , screaming pain   

,Whisper :   Nice to hear your daughters partner will fix your brakes for you , and save you some money . Good luck with the spinal clinic  , be thinking of you .  That is a strange story about you and the meds not kicking in Whisper, wow ..

Kerri, :   all anti-inflammatory meds have side affects I am told , got to watch the Kidneys , and your blood pressure closely  , you get the runs , and throbbing headaches , etc etc etc , . the doctors are so busy , they don't have time to be in touch with the patient really , you have to be on the ball .  

Elaine:  Hope you get your alone time this weekend.
Back to top Go down
Zandranna
Owner
Owner

UK

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   30/06/18, 07:41 pm

Gosh you all seem to be in agony with one thing or another.  I feel for you all.

I have absolutely no news.  This really hot weather has kept me indoors as much as I am in the heart of winter when it's peeing down.

Yesterday Jess rang me to ask if I wanted to pop to a reasonably local sports shop with h as she wanted to buy some specific type of trainers for work today.  Unfortunately they don't stock them in the store but sell them on line only, so Jess and I ended up driving a further 20 mins (turned out to be 40 mins due to heavy back up traffic, to a large shopping centre where she found the shoes she wanted.

It's gone 7pm here and it's still too hot to take the dog for a walk.  I will give it another hour.  Sunset isn't until 9.24pm.  Hopefully though by 8ish is will be cooler.

I'm actually sitting here looking at a pile of damp bedding waiting to be hung up.  At least I've just remembered to get it out of the machine.  I changed the bed yesterday, put it straight in the machine, but then forgot to remake the bed with fresh until midnight last night.  I wasn't best pleased with myself.

Today I have done an hour of sewing, shaved my legs, played on Twitter and Facebook, had a doze, and watched some old episodes of Blue Bloods.  Oh and I made a phone call.  That's my lot.

Weather says it's going to be cloudy tomorrow and down to 78 degs F.  Now that's a more reasonable temp.

----------------------------------

Just hung the damp bedding up. 

Trying to think of something interesting to say, but I've got nothing.

Back to top Go down
Whisper
Emerald Member
Emerald Member

UK

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   01/07/18, 11:26 am

I hope we get that kind of temp soon. It's too hot to move. I see there's a thunderstorm warning for further south but it's not coming here. I've done that with bedding before now Sandy and it's not funny when you're ready to crawl into bed before you realize.

I hope you have a better day soon Geru. Tough when nothing seems to do the trick.

I have a few chores to do but mostly I think I'm just going to chill and watch the World Cup. The cat has her head on my hand so typing isn't easy. lol
Back to top Go down
Zandranna
Owner
Owner

UK

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   01/07/18, 03:57 pm

I bet we are in for one belter of a thunder storm when this weather finally does break.  Even today with clouds it's 82 degs (28C).

I've just been along for a chat with a new lady moving in today, Margaret.  She is a spiritualist.  Boy has she moved in with some stuff.  There is no way she is going to find room for all of that.  She has a Son, Sister, and I believe it's a daughter in law helping at the moment.  She is 78 but is quite infirm.  Needs a walker to get around inside and a wheelchair for outside.  I told her son how to get a mobility scooter space in the shed as she also has one of those.

They all seem a very nice family.  Oh and she also has a dog.  The first thing they did today was put a gate up at their front door, as I have, to stop the dog escaping.

I've done a lot of tidying up today as all my bits I have been using had mounted up all over the place and on every surface.  So thought today I would put it all away and then get things out again as I want to use them for my sewing.  This heat makes me run out of steam really quickly.  I had my shower this morning but now feel like I haven't had one for a bloody week.

Bugger, I think I hear Louie throwing up in the bathroom. 

All cleaned up.  It was just a bit of bile.  At least he never does it on the carpet.  He's a good boy and always rushes into the bathroom to do it.  Love his heart. 

I should now get myself something to eat.  My shopping arrived a couple of hours ago so I have some goodies as well now.

Back to top Go down
Geru
Sappire Member
Sappire Member

CA

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   02/07/18, 02:09 am

Well, it's Canada Day here , big celebrations all over I guess . I do not like going to where the action is today, wall to wall people are just not my bag . It's been a beautiful day here , the building is quiet right now , guess everyone is down town , but not looking forward to tonight .

Got a chance to get my bedding changed , the linens washed and folded and put away , (while the pain pills were working ) I do have a headache, but what else is new .  better not do any more . I will maybe do my monthly budget , etc if I have the energy . 

Temps are 19c here right now, so very comfortable .

Hope Louie will be feeling Ok today ?   I feel tired , so taking a break with my feel up , have a great day everyone . 
Back to top Go down
Whisper
Emerald Member
Emerald Member

UK

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   02/07/18, 09:57 am

19C is starting to sound very attractive. It's already 25 here and rising fast. Crops are in danger of dying off soon. Water suppliers are considering hosepipe bans and other measures. I know what you mean about the shower Sandy. By the time I've got dressed I feel like I need another one.

Have you discovered what type of dog it is yet? Louie is definitely a good boy. My cat is the complete opposite. I only have two carpets in the house including the one on the stairs and she always dashes to one of them when she throws up. My American friend says the same about her cat and they only have one carpet in the entire house. Maybe it's a cat thing.
Back to top Go down
Zandranna
Owner
Owner

UK

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   02/07/18, 11:06 am

Well, cats believe they own the whole house so do what they like, when they like and where they like, lol.

The dog she has is a small terrier type dog.  I think a bit of a mixture.  My goodness though is he a barker.  Virtually didn't stop most of the day.  But I suspect that's because it's a strange place for him/her and all the strange noises it's hearing, plus all the tooing and froing the family were doing yesterday moving stuff in and around.  Margaret has gone up to the top of the road shops.  Just passed her while out with Louie, and her dog isn't barking while left alone.  So once he gets used to things I'm sure he will be fine.  Louie was the same for the first handful of days.

Barking wouldn't worry me, but the old cow upstairs that complains about everything could start knocking on Margarets door.  Although I get the impression that Margaret isn't the type to be walked all over.

I got out this morning with Louie while the temp was 81F as it was climbing fast.  I should have gone an hour before when it was only 78.  But there is a bit of a breeze so no probs.

Louie nearly ended up in a bad scrap as we were out.  I was chatting to Margaret and her Sister and out from another block of flats came this small dog haring out directly and nastily at Louie.  Of course Louie wasn't having any of that and it was "back atcha" - I had to quickly pick Louie up to stop a very nasty situation occuring.  And bugger me if the woman just ignored it and no attempt to stop the dog or put him on a lead.  He finally slauntered off.

Dogs are meant to be kept on a lead at all times on site.  If it happens again I will have to explain the rules to her.  I have never seen her or the dog before so I think she is new.  As I walked away with Louie, still in my arms, she was busy getting ready to do some gardening outside her window and the dog was still loose with her not even keeping an eye on him.

Honestly!  Some owners are so negligent.

Time for some brunch now. Too late for breakfast and too early for lunch.

Back to top Go down
Spherical
Ruby Member
Ruby Member

Name : Martha
AU
Kudos : 127
Mood : Reminiscent
Birthday : 3rd March

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   02/07/18, 12:56 pm

Geru have you looked into making Golden paste, or taking turmeric capsules for the pain/inflammation?

Sandy mum is in her last stage ... no idea how long she will last but everything has been stopped and she is now on morphine. I spoke to her on Friday and she was ok-ish although more and more time between answering.

Oh another new person and with a doggie too Sandy Smile
As for that other lady with the dog not on a leash; I would report that to the office straight away. Not because you want to dob her in, but for the safety of everyone and their pets there.
Even if she is new, no doubt she would have received the same info regarding dogs on the leash as what you got. So no excuse lol.

I've just put the pizza in the oven and ones that's ready I'm going to sit back and watch tv or a movie and relax.
My usual busy Monday morning and looking after 3 school kids for the other half day has me feeling tired tonight.
My sleeping pattern is shot to pieces with me being online during the night with my family.

We're having a huge cold/wet front going through and a lot of rain all week so I'm hoping to be able to catch up on a few chores not done lol. Just taking it as it comes and going with the flow here.

Back to top Go down
http://spherical.forumotion.com http://sphericals.weebly.com https://gab.ai/SphericMartha
Geru
Sappire Member
Sappire Member

CA

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   02/07/18, 06:45 pm

Jup , not good, pain pain,no matter which way I lay sit or otherwise , pain Tried the capsules Martha, they go through me like a tornado .......what is golden paste?  I make a paste sort of , butter chicken sauce with 1 tsp of turmeric powder  , and also eat 1/4 cup of fresh ginger every day  ..... This is Nerve pain caused from inflammation .  Inflammation caused from to much stress , 3 years of it .long  and nasty story .
Back to top Go down
Zandranna
Owner
Owner

UK

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   02/07/18, 09:09 pm

Oh dear Martha.  Not a very good time for you all.  I guessed this was what the phone calls to and fro were all about.  Thinking of you all. xx

I might ring the office about that dog, but will just say I am suggesting a repeat memo regarding dogs on leads and picking up poo should be sent to all blocks.  Explain what happened, and what block though as well.  We have a lot of dog poo as well around the site.  Occasionally we do get someone living here that doesn't pick up but I've never seen it so bad as I have since being back here.

Regarding the new lady Margaret.  Two things.  One I'm beginning to think that she will definitely get trouble from neighbours regarding the dog.  She has a dog gate like mine, and as some of us often do she leaves her front door open for a through draught.  I do it too on rare occasions for short periods.

However, hers has been open a lot today and all the time it's open the dog is barking constantly. Neither her nor any of her family members attempt to stop the dog.  They carry on yacking and just leave the dog standing at the gate barking loudly non stop.

The second thing, which I'm not sure if I find amusing or irritated by it.

She has a giant professionally made board in the style of a business card outside her window on a post in the garden.  It's approx 2.5 feet wide by 18 inches high.  Advertising, meditation, healing, mediumship and more, all with prices next to them.

It looks tacky and really bad.  Now, I'm not sure if I am being unreasonable thinking that it shouldn't be there.

I'm thinking, that if she doesn't give a hoot about the dog barking, and she doesn't hesitate to advertise a sort of business in the grounds that maybe she isn't going to turn out to be a very nice neighbour.  What else might she do to bring the tone of the block down?  This isn't looking good.

Back to top Go down
Kerri
Topaz Member
Topaz Member

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   03/07/18, 01:39 am

Hi everyone.

A long day at work. 
I'm very tired.

Martha, I am so sorry about your mom.

Sandy, 
Oh my gosh, your neighbor is operating
a business out of her place.
Is that allowed, I wonder?

I have nothing against someone who is a spiritualist.

I have to admit the tacky sign cracked me up
laughing when I first read your post.
But I don't have to be her neighbor. Smile

Curious to see if others say anything
to the front office about her sign for her business
and about the dog that constantly barks.

Hope everyone has a a goods rest
of the day.
Back to top Go down
Whisper
Emerald Member
Emerald Member

UK

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   03/07/18, 08:15 am

I wondered the same about the business. A lot of places don't allow it even when it's a privately owned house. Sounds like both those women need to be reminded what responsible dog ownership entails. I love dogs but one constantly barking would drive me nuts.

Thinking of you and your family Martha. It's good that you managed to talk to your mum, even if it was slowly, and that she's being kept comfortable. My heart goes out to you. 

Two more weeks of this heatwave they reckon and no rain in sight. I don't mind one bit but I worry about the wildlife having no water.
Back to top Go down
Zandranna
Owner
Owner

UK

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   03/07/18, 11:13 am

It's true, we are not allowed to run a business from our home, but if the silly woman was discrete then nothing would be said.  I'm going to suggest to her she takes the notice down and just puts small cards on each of the block's notice boards instead.  No one would say anything about that.  Everyone advertises on our notice boards.  We all have a notice board just inside the main door into the flats.

That blasted dog woke me up this morning, barking non stop at the gate into her flat.  She is going to "have" to stop letting him do that.  She will have to keep her front door closed so he can't do it if she can't train him to stop barking.

I'm just about to leave to go into town with Aimee, to the sewing shop and then a look around the priory and maybe some lunch.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   

Back to top Go down

Spring & Summer Chit Chat
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 8 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Zan's Zone :: Now We're Buzzing - Members Only :: Coffee Break-
Jump to: