Spring & Summer Chit Chat - Page 9
A Warm Welcome

This site is - 655 Days Old
A Warm Welcome to Zan's Zone Guest
Please feel free to come and go as you please.
Please tell me if you see any mistakes in the skin so that I can fix it.
Feel free to add a link to your own board, blog or website in your signature.
The size of images added to signatures are restricted to avoid long scrolling passed them.
If you have made a post on your own board and you would like to post a link to it, Post it Here
Whistle ’n’ Scoot
After the few short test rides I have made to test if the batteries maybe old or new and having no problems...
Links

My Time & Weather

Click for Bournemouth, United Kingdom Forecast

Share | 

Spring & Summer Chit Chat

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Geru
Sappire Member
Sappire Member

Name : Hannelore
CA
Kudos : 7
Birthday : february 12th

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   03/07/18, 07:15 pm

Temps  are climbing up again , we sit at 16c right now , climbing to 20c, and 24c tomorrow .... now that is my very limit, after that , I wilt .

Managed some sleep last night , but the pain  is not over yet, I have read it lasts around 6 weeks or longer, the anti-inflammation pill gives me the runs, gas, and a headache , and your bladder does does not work very good, oh boy . I got a pill for that of course , but so far avoided it , just another side affect if I take it .   I am not a pill person , the pills only work some , so ...... you can guess the rest . Crying or Very sad  I only take 1 per day , the second pill will drive my blood pressure up , no thanks.

Sandy: the barking dog, how annoying , maybe the women is stressing you all out, so that you will need her meditation services ,in order to cope with the stress ...... lol   , The sign is tacky alright , and not allowed , your idea of the notice board is good Sandy . She is a very inconsiderate  person if you asked me . What is wrong with people now days,?  They only think of their own comforts and needs and wants, no one else seems to matter ??   
Ps. by the way, meditation only works for some , does not do a thing for me .

Martha: So sorry about your Mom .

Whisper:   Hope you find ways to stay cooled off while the heat wave is on , I hate it when it gets to hot . 

Kerri  hope you have recovered from that hard long day at work .

Have a nice day everyone .

Back to top Go down
Geru
Sappire Member
Sappire Member

CA

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   03/07/18, 10:03 pm

Back to top Go down
Geru
Sappire Member
Sappire Member

CA

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   03/07/18, 10:04 pm

just some photos of my balcony plants .
Back to top Go down
Geru
Sappire Member
Sappire Member

CA

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   03/07/18, 10:07 pm

This one is blurry, sorry
Back to top Go down
Geru
Sappire Member
Sappire Member

CA

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   03/07/18, 10:08 pm

I am actually trying to learn how to get these photos to open up .
Back to top Go down
Whisper
Ruby Member
Ruby Member

UK
Kudos : 46
Mood : Restless

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   04/07/18, 09:44 am

All very pretty. The white is my favourite. I love simple, white flowers.

The heatwave continues and I'm recovering from last night's England match. I lost ten years off my life I swear. Rinse and repeat on Saturday when we play Sweden in the quarter finals. My daughter and her partner are arriving Saturday for a couple of nights so I'm hoping they don't turn up in the middle of the match. If they do I'll be very unsociable. lol

On Monday my siblings and I are finally going to scatter mum's ashes. We're going over to the village she was born in to one of her favourite spots. We've been putting it off a bit but now we have a day we can all make and beautiful weather so no more excuses for delaying it.
Back to top Go down
Zandranna
Owner
Owner

Name : Sandy
UK
Kudos : 131
Mood : Very good
Birthday : 1st Nov

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   04/07/18, 10:27 am

Very pretty flowers Geru.

We still have Mum's ashes.  All haven't agreed to scatter them yet, if they ever will.  Sarah has them now and so I will leave it to her and the girls to decide what they want to do.

Well, it seems that I wasn't the only one to think Margaret advertising her healing etc, out in the garden was a bit off.

Brenda and I in the next block had already chatted about it privately, and yesterday while out with Louie Brenda stopped me and said "I see Margaret has taken her sign down" - I was surprised and told Brenda that it wasn't me that caused that as I hadn't had time to speak to Margaret about it and I had only mentioned it to Brenda herself and no one else.

She then said that Silvie had also mentioned it to her and thought it was off and it shouldn't be there.  So now I'm wondering how many others had been talking about it.

So one of three things I think could have happened.

1) Margaret may have seen people looking at it and overheard them talking.

2) Someone complained to the office and sent someone along to tell her to take it down.

3) Her son told her that she can't advertise a business on the grounds.

Whatever it was, it's gone now.

Had a lovely couple of hours with Aimee yesterday.  We went to the sewing shop first and I intended to buy some material for an overskirt. The price of new material is ridiculous. It would have cost £60 just for a skirt.  So I didn't buy any.  From there we drove to New Milton for lunch and look around the little shops there.  I do enjoy a one on one with my girls.  Boy was it bloody hot though.  I had a bit of a headache all evening because of it.

It's very cloudy today and cooler.  I have my front door propped open as a couple of people have taken to also propping the outside back door open which is opposite my front door and it's giving a lovely breeze into my place.  It also amuses Louie to watch people coming in and out.  Most of make a fuss over him as they pass.  All the time he is quiet I can leave it open but if he barks at next doors dog I have to shut it.  So far all is well with him.

Once I post this I'm taking him for his short morning sniff around the site.
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/zandranna https://whistle-n-scoot.blogspot.com/ https://zandranna.blogspot.com/ https://gab.ai/Zandranna
Kerri
Topaz Member
Topaz Member

Name : Kerri
Kudos : 10
Birthday : July 22

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   04/07/18, 07:05 pm

Love the flower pictures, Geru.
The flowers I plant in pots on my patio
help bring my blood pressure down
after long days at work.  

Wendy, 
Hope you enjoy watching the sports match today. 
Uninterrupted. Smile

Sandy, 
I can imagine no one was happy
with her sign. 
She can still quietly perform her services
if someone requests them.

Re fabric, when my sister-in-law
lived over seas, the cost of fabric
was very expensive.
I would go to all the inexpensive sewing/fabric
stores here and mail her packages
of fabric.

I bought my granddaughter a cheap sewing machine ($44.00)
one Christmas when she had asked me if I would 
teach her to sew.
I cannot sew a bit!
But I bought her the machine, went online
and watched the YouTube instructional videos.
I learned how to thread the machine, 
bought her an inexpensive bobbin winder, 
and did my best to teach her the basics.
I told her I stink at sewing.
But she has learned to make some basic things
like fabric dolls and teddy bears.
I wish I knew someone who sewed
so I could pay them to teach her 
a little of the more advanced skills involved.

Have a lovely rest of the day, everyone.
Back to top Go down
Geru
Sappire Member
Sappire Member

CA

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   04/07/18, 07:30 pm

dropping in , have read the posts , another bad painful night , sitting hurts .

Picture is taken by me, at Butchard Gardens , a couple of summers ago , a picture perfect spot .

have a great day everyone .
Back to top Go down
Dazzal
Topaz Member
Topaz Member

Name : Dazzal
US
Kudos : 15
Mood : Chipper

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   05/07/18, 01:15 am

Beautiful photos Geru.

Dropping in to say Happy 4th. Hope you're having a relaxing, fun day.

My husband and I ate out. Grilled chicken sandwiches and cole slaw. Delicious and simple.

It's been a laid back day. We want to look at the fireworks later.

Anyone else going to view them that observe it?
Back to top Go down
Whisper
Ruby Member
Ruby Member

UK

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   05/07/18, 01:36 pm

I hope all our American friends had a happy 4th July.

I'm just back from the spinal clinic. Had a two hour wait so had to go out later and move the car which was in a two hour limit space. Better news than I expected though so worth the wait. Looks like they can fix me without resorting to surgery. Exercise, physio and medication. That's the plan for the next couple of months anyway so hopefully they're right.

Blistering hot out there and I nearly fried in the car coming home so I'm guzzling water and trying to cool off before I go and make a late lunch. Can't work up the enthusiasm just yet but I am a bit peckish so I'm going to have to move soon.
Back to top Go down
Geru
Sappire Member
Sappire Member

CA

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   05/07/18, 08:08 pm

Blistering hot here to,  just about caved in on my walk yesterday, humidity got me down
 Ps. Heard the USA Fire works going off all the way to Canada last night , Drugs were floating in the city , people get carried away
Back to top Go down
TaraLynn7
Amethyst Member
Amethyst Member

US
Birthday : 07/04/

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   05/07/18, 09:30 pm

Hello everyone. 
We had a nice 4th. A friend had us over for swimming, shrimp boil, another friend bought appetizers and I made 3 pies, apple, strawberry, and coconut cream.   And I even whipped up real whipping cream. 

The heat is horrible here, high 90's all the time and the humidity is tough.  Since I spent all day out yesterday I am coughing from all the pollen. Woke up with a sore throat. I was suppose to take mom shopping for a new washer today, but she heard me coughing and decided I was too full of germs.  She is a germ a phobic..LOL   She is mad she need a new washer at her age.  She is 85.  She won't even need if but a couple of years..LOL  Good news mom, that is all the longer they last now days.   

Cleaned house all morning, doing laundry, hubby cutting grass, he is suppose to hang up the last few things for me tonight.   After that I still need to pick out a new counter top, change the knobs in the kitchen, they are ordered, and in the bathroom I decided to spray paint all the towel racks, knobs etc.  They are in good shape just showing some rust and they will paint well.   

Heading to the craft room soon. Since I moved to our new home, I swear I have not made anything worth a darn. LOL But I am trying to some things too...so. We shall see.   

Geru, I am so sorry you are hurting so much yet.  Those darn hips can be painful.  My eyes should be in good shape after the surgery I will not need glasses anymore. I am going to have monovision.  Woohoo.  

The plant photos are beautiful.  I do not have a green thumb.  So I hardly bother anymore.  HUbby grows a nice veggie garden, not huge like he use to, but we have fresh tomatoes, green onions, zucchini, peppers and sometimes cucumbers.  Its pretty small this year since we just moved here.  He even planted a small garden for the neighbor who is healing from a car wreck last fall.  He lost his wife in that wreck and they had just moved here.  His daughter-in-law told me they were not even done moving.  He had some nice raised beds in the back yard and Ken planted tomatoes and zucchini for him.  He is just now getting around with a cane.  They are doing construction on the highway just down the road and there have been half dozen wrecks there. First one, a few days before Thanksgiving. took the life of 2 young sisters and  their friend.  All were under 20 yrs old.  It's been terrible.  When we have to head to St. Louis or Edwardsville we don't get n the highway until we are past that on the side roads. 
Anyway, try to stay cool everyone...

Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/Taralynn7 http://tarasbakingagain.blogspot.com/
Geru
Sappire Member
Sappire Member

CA

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   07/07/18, 01:31 am

Tara, it's not the hips right now , it's my pelvis bones, another word ... the butt part, very very uncomfortable .
Back to top Go down
Zandranna
Owner
Owner

UK

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   07/07/18, 10:09 am

Seemingly we get American material over here Kerri, but it costs an extra £2 per metre.  Well, it does in the sewing shop that I visited the other day.

I was taught very young to sew.  I remember making a little doll's jacket when I was about 9 years old.  I was so proud of it, lol.  Mind you I bet if I could go back and see that now, it was probably a right mess. 

If your Granddaughter starts to really take an interest in it, she will slowly find out herself how to make more complicated designs.  Some people grow up with a real nack for it.

Absolutely wonderful that they might be able to fix you with no surgery.  Brilliant news Wendy.

What did you end up finding to do in your craft room Thursday Tara??

I went to a local animal sanctuary in the New Forest with Aimee and Jessica yesterday. They have Bison, Otters, Deer, Wolves and a few others including bats, owls and such.  It started off with just rescuing two otters, then they took in more and from there over the years it's sort of become a temporary home to all sorts until they can be released again into the wild.  If they can't then they have a permanent home there.

It was very hot but I wore a hat and took a sunshade, which made the girls laugh, (the sunshade not the hat) but I was able to bear the heat that way.  It was a lovely few hours outing.

Today and tomorrow I must do some really hard cleaning.  All this sitting sewing means a neglected flat.

Quote:  "Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance" - Albert Einstein
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/zandranna https://whistle-n-scoot.blogspot.com/ https://zandranna.blogspot.com/ https://gab.ai/Zandranna
Whisper
Ruby Member
Ruby Member

UK

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   07/07/18, 12:10 pm

Sounds like my kind of place Sandy. I haven't been to the New Forest for a very long time. No wolves then.

I am very relieved that surgery can probably be avoided. I wasn't quite so happy a few minutes ago going through those exercises though. Very painful but hopefully that will improve slowly and the meds should help once they build up in my system a bit.

Daughter and partner arriving this afternoon for a couple of days. They're under strict instructions not to get here during the match unless it's at half time. lol Monday I'll be gone for the day on that trip to scatter mum's ashes so I won't be around again until Tuesday.

Have a good weekend everybody.
Back to top Go down
Spherical
Ruby Member
Ruby Member

Name : Martha
AU
Kudos : 129
Mood : Recovering & Relaxing
Birthday : 3rd March

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   07/07/18, 07:05 pm

Beautiful photo's Geru Smile especially the one with the water feature.

Sandy I would recommend that this woman get a barking collar for her dog. I know not everyone likes them but my Catherine uses it for her dogs and it works well and they are not in pain at all.

Wendy and Sandy I saw on the news about your hot weather! Stay cool you two.

Same thing for all of you in the USA and Canada.
I saw on the news about the bushfires near the Oregon border in California.

As for me .....

Mum has been put on a stronger morphine pump and is now sedated so not conscious anymore but in a deep peaceful sleep.

I'm spending all my time with my family and mum via WhatsApp webcam and tonight as I was talking to my sister, my mother became restless. I told my sister to put the phone near mum, which she did; and I then started talking to mum.
She became relaxed straight away and even turned her head towards the phone.
I know it might sound morbid to some of you but that was such a beautiful moment for me and my sister. Mum knew I was there (in a way).

As you can understand I haven't visited any other boards lately and I apologise for that but right now my priorities are elsewhere.

Back to top Go down
http://spherical.forumotion.com http://sphericals.weebly.com https://gab.ai/SphericMartha
Geru
Sappire Member
Sappire Member

CA

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   07/07/18, 07:32 pm

sorry about your Mom Martha, it must be hard on you.As long as she is not in pain is all that really maters right now .

everyone else , hello ,  I have nothing but belly aches , so I will say nothing today .
Back to top Go down
Zandranna
Owner
Owner

UK

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   07/07/18, 08:33 pm

It doesn't sound morbid at all Martha.  Thinking of you all constantly.  (((hugs)))

I have one of those collars for Louie.  Very seldom now do I have to threatening him with it.  I seem to just use it now around Sarah's cats, to keep him calm rather than use it to stop him barking.  I might suggest it to her if the dog starts really annoying people. 

Max next door to me, that has a very old dog, Jackie, is moving in two weeks back to Southern Ireland.  I'm not looking forward to him going as one never knows what a new neighbour will be like.  Max is a bit of a strange fella, but a good neighbour.

Aimee came over this afternoon for a few hours.  We had deep discussions regarding the Fallen Angels and Nephilim,  Judgement day for them, and then moved on to the Heaven on Earth and whether it will be a replacement earth or this earth moving into a sort of 4th dimension.  Oh yes, and we also had heavy discussion on Unicorns and Dragons, etc.  In other words mythical creatures possibly once having actually existed.

I'm finding it hard to want to eat in this hot weather.  So I am sort of picking at things as and when I fancy.  I've noticed that hardly anyone is coming out during the day but the gardens are getting quite a few gatherings during the cooler evenings.  8pm and Louie and I have just walked around stopping to chat to everyone as we wandered around.  We will have another little walk about 10pm.  It's lovely out at that time at the moment.

Quote:  "Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance" - Albert Einstein
Back to top Go down
Kerri
Topaz Member
Topaz Member

Name : Kerri
Kudos : 10
Birthday : July 22

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   07/07/18, 10:02 pm

Hello Everyone.

I do not think that sounds morbid, Martha.
It soothed her to hear her daughter's voice.
Prayers from me for your family.
It must be such a difficult time.

Hope you get a good neighbor, Sandy.
Sounds like you and Aimee had some deep discussing, indeed.

Good news that you do not have to have surgery, Wendy.
Although physical therapy can be painful. Ouch.

Hi Dazz! Hi Tara! Hi Geru!

Just finishing some laundry.
Washed a load of beach towels that smelled
like chlorine pool water.
They are in the clothes dryer now.

Getting ready to make a fresh spinach salad
with sliced tomatoes, hard boiled egg slices,
a few garbanzo beans and Catalina and blue cheese dressing.
We have some big juicy peaches
that have been ripening.
I think I'll slice some of them to eat 
on the side.

Hope everyone has a lovely rest of the day.
Back to top Go down
Geru
Sappire Member
Sappire Member

CA

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   08/07/18, 07:28 pm

dropping in  , to say hello , not much to say , feel tired , need a shower , and get on with my day if I can . Took my self off the anti-inflammatory , it was killing me I tell you . and I  changed some other pill, so here is hoping . I hate pills of any kind . Back to the doctor next week . 

Have read your nice posts , but just feel to sick to chat much , hope I am forgiven . 
Back to top Go down
karinsuezen28
Amethyst Member
Amethyst Member

CA
Kudos : 4

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   10/07/18, 12:37 am

Back to top Go down
karinsuezen28
Amethyst Member
Amethyst Member

CA

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   10/07/18, 12:37 am

yayy i did it...didn't think that i could....post the pic too

susan
Back to top Go down
karinsuezen28
Amethyst Member
Amethyst Member

CA

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   10/07/18, 12:42 am

i find that i am eating more in the summer then i would usually but then again, i'm always on the go

but i do understand if you don't want to eat, alot of times, if i wasn't going out like i was then i wouldn't eat that much either

mary whenever i'm with her, she gets us two cans of pop, a choclate bar ice dream, and a bag of chips (think you guys call them crisps) lol...so next time it's my turn...

we'll bring stuff to eat on friday when we go and see the car races, well not really it's practice day and you make a donation to the children's hospital, i'd like to think that we have the one that started it all, but oh well......even if we dont'

tomorrow is the annual hort picnic, so i bought some mac salad to take....took some yesterday to the orchid society meeting it was pot luck day there too, mom is quite enjoying the meetings, and i'm glad

but back to the eating thing, when i was on my trip all i wanted to do was eat.....lol..it was a 2 week trip to newfoundland...and well it wasn't too hot at times it was too cold...

just think the few days before summer and it was only 6, and after we left they had snow again, only a few cm's but i'm so not kidding

think that they're up to 20 now, but so not when we were there

we were roasting last week

ok, i've talked everyone's ear off, so i'll stop
Back to top Go down
Whisper
Ruby Member
Ruby Member

UK

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   10/07/18, 09:58 am

Doesn't sound morbid to me either Martha. I think it's lovely that you got to spend that time with her in a way and that it was obvious she knew you were there. I'm keeping you in my thoughts. I can imagine how difficult this time is for you all but it's a small comfort to know your mum isn't in any pain any more.

Mum's ashes were scattered in her favourite woodland spot near a waterfall with a well at the bottom of it. A lovely, peaceful spot and a sort of closure for us all.

Slightly cooler temperature wise here but with 98% humidity it doesn't feel like it.

I've hardly been home for the last three days so catching up on chores and boards today and watching our government fall apart piece by piece.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   

Back to top Go down

Spring & Summer Chit Chat
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 9 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Zan's Zone :: Now We're Buzzing - Members Only :: Coffee Break-
Jump to: