Spring & Summer Chit Chat - Page 10
A Warm Welcome

This site is - 655 Days Old
A Warm Welcome to Zan's Zone Guest
Please feel free to come and go as you please.
Please tell me if you see any mistakes in the skin so that I can fix it.
Feel free to add a link to your own board, blog or website in your signature.
The size of images added to signatures are restricted to avoid long scrolling passed them.
If you have made a post on your own board and you would like to post a link to it, Post it Here
Whistle ’n’ Scoot
After the few short test rides I have made to test if the batteries maybe old or new and having no problems...
Links

My Time & Weather

Click for Bournemouth, United Kingdom Forecast

Share | 

Spring & Summer Chit Chat

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Geru
Sappire Member
Sappire Member

Name : Hannelore
CA
Kudos : 7
Birthday : february 12th

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   10/07/18, 06:51 pm

Dropping in to say hi,   picture posting is messed up it seems .
Back to top Go down
Geru
Sappire Member
Sappire Member

CA

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   10/07/18, 06:52 pm

Back to top Go down
Zandranna
Owner
Owner

Name : Sandy
UK
Kudos : 131
Mood : Very good
Birthday : 1st Nov

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   10/07/18, 11:14 pm

I'm actually eating less due to the hot weather Karin.  I've generally been just picking at food.

Yes, Aimee's and my discussions usually do go deep Kerri.  She has an amazing mind but also reads a lot so her knowledge is pretty wide.

So pleased it went well scattering Mum's ashes Wendy.

I've left a post on Martha's board at her request to inform everyone that her Mum passed away peacefully in her sleep last Sunday night.  I shouldn't think Matha will be back on the boards for several days as she will probably be spending time via Skype quite a lot with her family.

Yesterday I had the 2nd of 4 visits booked at the dentist.  It wasn't pleasant I can tell you.  Cleaning way below the gum line is pretty painful so it needed 4 injections to numb it all.  Luckily the insurance covers all four visits.  I'm not looking forward to the next one next Monday.

Today I managed to find a spare slot for a late delivery of shopping from Tescos.  Waited for that to arrive at 8.30pm and by then it was cool enough to walk the dog to the top of the road for his evening walk and for me to get some money out of the cash machine.  I hadn't a penny in the house.  I managed to just find £1.50 to go over to get a meal from the dining hall with me owing them the remainder £2 to hand over on Thursday when I collect my meal then.

Electric meter reading tomorrow.  It's only worked out at £67 for this 3 months.  Normally it's 50% more than that because usually it's so very chilly in the evenings at this time of year that I have to have the heating on. 

It's so easy to pay the electric living here.  I read the meter myself, work out how much, and then just tape an envelope to the outside of my door late tonight with the reading and a cheque.  They pick it up about 8.30am tomorrow morning and then stick the reciept through the door.  Saves me having to get up and make sure I am dressed at that time to let them come in and read the meter themselves.

Quote:  "Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance" - Albert Einstein
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/zandranna https://whistle-n-scoot.blogspot.com/ https://zandranna.blogspot.com/ https://gab.ai/Zandranna
Dazzal
Topaz Member
Topaz Member

Name : Dazzal
US
Kudos : 15
Mood : Chipper

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   10/07/18, 11:57 pm

Sandy, thanks for posting the deceased news concerning Martha's Mother So sad to hear this. Prayers for Martha and family.

Sorry you have to go through that type of dental work, Sandy. I've heard it's painful. My sister had it done as well.

Just stopping in briefly, as it's time to make supper. I had to type  some papers for my husband today, so I'm relaxing this evening.

Hope you are feeling better Geru.

Good Night ALL!!!
Back to top Go down
Whisper
Ruby Member
Ruby Member

UK
Kudos : 46
Mood : Restless

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   11/07/18, 09:47 am

Thanks for the news update Sandy. Very sad and I'm sure boards are the last thing on Martha's mind.

Ouch on the dentist. That's a lot of visits. I don't envy you one bit. I know how much you hate the dentist even when it's not something so painful. That is a low electricity bill and a handy way of paying it too. I pay £100 a month for gas and electricity and that just about covers it. I'm happy to be saving on gas in this hot weather. Currently drying washing outdoors too which is always a bonus.

Combing the cat is next on my list. She's shedding like mad recently. She's bad enough normally but in this heat it's coming out in handfuls.
Back to top Go down
Geru
Sappire Member
Sappire Member

CA

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   11/07/18, 05:52 pm

Sorry to hear about Martha's Mom,  sending prayers for  her mom and the family .

Read the post's ,  great way to pay that Bill Sandy , I hate dental work too ..
Have fun grooming the cat Whisper 
Dazzal, thanks for dropping in ,
Back to top Go down
Zandranna
Owner
Owner

UK

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   11/07/18, 08:23 pm

Hope you had a nice relaxing evening Daz. They should all be like that I think.

Yeah, it would cost me a fortune in heating if it wasn't for the fact that for 6 or 7 months it's all in with my rent.

I used to hate grooming my Yorkies, which is why this time I opted for a short haired Chihuahua.  Regarding the bathing and grooming he is oh so much easier.

Today for me it's been a machine load of washing, a bit of washing up and then mostly watching informative Youtube videos.  I did mean to clean the shower down while I was having my shower this morning but totally forgot to do that.

Dog and I have just got back from a little walk. 8.20pm and it's so much cooler now.

Quote:  "Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance" - Albert Einstein
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/zandranna https://whistle-n-scoot.blogspot.com/ https://zandranna.blogspot.com/ https://gab.ai/Zandranna
Geru
Sappire Member
Sappire Member

CA

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   12/07/18, 01:49 am

Dropping in again, been fooling around with my new Skype version , what a change, seems so complicated compared to the old version . Finally figured out how to get the audio working .  So now all that is left is a list to get started . Wish me luck .
Back to top Go down
Geru
Sappire Member
Sappire Member

CA

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   12/07/18, 06:30 pm

It is to hot to do anything ,  see you later 
Back to top Go down
Whisper
Ruby Member
Ruby Member

UK

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   13/07/18, 11:44 am

Just done the grocery shop and we actually have some light rain. I never thought I'd be happy to see it but I am.

Malfunction light came on in the car while I was out so I nipped in the dealer's where it's just had the service and MOT done. They wanted £109 just to plug it in to the diagnostics machine so I told them to stuff it. I'll get my daughter's partner to look at it for me next time they're up. He's replacing the brake discs for me anyway.
Back to top Go down
karinsuezen28
Amethyst Member
Amethyst Member

CA
Kudos : 4

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   13/07/18, 02:13 pm

good morning all

i do hope i'm in the right place now

susan 
Back to top Go down
Zandranna
Owner
Owner

UK

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   14/07/18, 12:40 am

Some of those garages are right con artists Wendy.

That blasted Skype caused me no end of problems when I did an update Geru.  I don't use it now.  I go through Whatsapp.  It's so much more reliable than Skype.

Yup you are in the right place Susan.

I seem to have had a really busy day and yet looking back I've done nothing.  Charlie did his usual pop in for a cup of tea, Jess dropped in for an hour or so for us to make up some business cards through Vistaprint, a couple of phone calls, a bit of texting, and did some sewing.  Apart from that I honestly don't know where the day went.

I was going to have a reasonably early night tonight but got caught up on Twitter and it's now already fast on it's way to 1am.  So I will finish this and then off to bed.

Back to top Go down
Whisper
Ruby Member
Ruby Member

UK

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   14/07/18, 10:59 am

I think the main dealers are the worst of the lot Sandy. I expect to pay a bit extra because they have to cover the cost of the franchise but they're taking the piss these days.

I regularly have days like that. Not sure what I've done with it but don't seem to have stopped. I suppose a lot of little bits and bobs add up to a full day.

Skype has become more and more of a pain ever since Microsoft bought it.
Back to top Go down
karinsuezen28
Amethyst Member
Amethyst Member

CA

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   14/07/18, 03:02 pm

good morning all

susan
Back to top Go down
TaraLynn7
Amethyst Member
Amethyst Member

US
Birthday : 07/04/

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   14/07/18, 05:34 pm

Hello all....
I am so sorry to hear of Martha's mom.  She went peacefully in her sleep, that is a blessing. 
Ouch on the Dentist thing, cleaning below the gum?  Sounds horrible.  

Sounds like everyone is battling the heat as we are here in the Midwest.  90+F everyday.  This new house has been very hot but we put up our Fancy thermostat we brought from the other house. What a difference, the house has been staying a lot more evenly cool.  

As usual I have had a few days of stress...hubby left for an overnight trip WEdnesday. I got up straightened up the house and headed into the craft room for some quiet crafting.  I have also been sick now for 7 days. (It felt like the flu, then a sinus thing..but it comes with this horrific cough that chokes me gags me...well its not pretty. I had one evening of a slight fever. I went to Walk in Clinic on Sat. and they said viral but it was messing with my asthma. So I got Prednisone. Which means it helps you breathe but it also gives you a "vacation" from arthritic pain. yea..)  
So back to relaxing crafting, I decide to take a few things outside to spray paint. One being a bottle I had poured black paint into and was going to spray the top part silver.  When I got outside my blouse was all wet my hand full of black paint. Apparently the inside was not dry and it spilled down my shirt. So I went inside pulled it off and put it in the washer right away. Now I want you to have the whole picture so I had no bra on. So at this point I have on a pair of shorts and shoes that's it.  I turn around and across my kitchen floor is dribbles of black paint. Well its vinyl flooring do not panic, I started cleaning in my "outfit of just shorts"  So moving along I get to the end of the trail and there across BRAND NEW CARPETING is dribbles of black paint across the corner of the dining room, the living room and all the way down the hall to the back bedroom where my craft room is.  OH yea...I spent over 2 hours scrubbing, Googling cleaning paint from carpeting...I wasn't feeling the greatest and I was exhausted.  So I sent my daughter a note asking her to bring the Spot Bot carpet cleaner with her when she brings the granddaughters over that evening.  She came and so did her husband and they worked on the carpet for over an hour.   THEN....they went to leave and my daughter was leaving me her car since I was taking the girls out to eat and shopping the next day and on the way home we were going to pickup the baby from Daycare.     She puts her things in my car, puts the key in and turns it half way on and thinks OH I forgot whatever and comes in to get it. The car locks up tight and the keypad on the outside of the car will not work.  I guess since the Key was in the ignition.   So I go looking for the other set of keys, cannot find them Give up call hubby and he says I don't know maybe in the car...WHAT?????????  He is so bad about that.  So my daughter confirms yes she can see them tucked into the visor.  A friend comes over and tried for over an hour to open it but without that special tool (which is illegal to own) he cannot do it.  I am hot sweaty, sick, exhausted and I have 2 girls inside that need to go to bed. Finally everyone leaves and luckily my daughter and hubby have 3 cars so they were able to leave me her car anyway.  The next morning after only 3 hours of sleep, who could sleep?  I got up and started on the carpeting again. Googling locksmith. I finally ask for help on Facebook for ideas and everyone said, towing company. I call the towing company located 5 miles away and she said yes, they could open it but when I tell her I loved to the neighboring town she said she dont come to this town.  IT. IS. LITERALLY. 5. MILES. AWAY/ This woman is a BI to the max and I know this because my daughter and her son dated for over 3 yrs when they were in high school.   If the son or the husband would of answered they would of came.  Anyway my friend sees my post sends me a number of a company in a town 15 miles away and he was very nice, came in about 30 min and opened it right up and set the charger up, since the car was dead at that point.  Told me to turn my receipt into the insurance and they will pay me back.   

OK car taken care of..then a knock on the door and here stands a lady who my husband graduated with and she still loves her in this small town we moved to, and says I got this stuff that will take the paint out of that carpeting.   It's called Awesome and you buy it at the Dollar tree.  She came in tried it and it worked pretty good, so she left me the bottle.   I scrubbed all the spots with that  and its pretty soapy, then I went over it with the steam cleaner without adding any water to suck it out.  It looks pretty good, and some of it looks like the nap is turned.  However the smell of this stuff is horrible and started kicking off my asthma, making me cough and gag and well again its not pretty, so we got the heck out of there.   So while the girls and I are having lunch I get a text from my daughter-in-law saying the baby did not go to Daycare since she traded her work day with another girl If we wanted the baby she could bring her over later..now you realize this means we did the whole car switch for nothing.  The key would not of been looked up had we known this the night before.   I don't know when my daughter-in-law switched so I didn't say anything to her. My husband wanted to, but I hope he didn't.     But wow...we got home, I had been promising the girls to make Fudge all summer and so we did that and I called my DIL and said I am not picking up the baby I was exhausted and still didn't feel good.   My son-in-law called and said were the girls ready to go home, I said yes since I didn't feel so good and so I went to be3d at 6pm and stayed there until the next day. 

So that is my tale...never a dull moment around here.    I got a thank you card and a gift certificate for that lady who showed up at my door and sent it to her. I mean how many people take time out to help and we are acquaintances but not close friends. So nice of her.    

My cough is finally spindling down some although it comes and goes but not constant as before.   I caught this from my sister she got sick a day after we helped her move.  She told me the cough was horrible and it was.  

Maybe I should start a blog, the trials and tribulations of being Tara...although many people have it way worse and so I am always grateful its not worse than it is..

Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/Taralynn7 http://tarasbakingagain.blogspot.com/
Geru
Sappire Member
Sappire Member

CA

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   14/07/18, 08:28 pm

Interesting reading ,  will come back again , not sure if it's today or tomorrow to give my input .
Back to top Go down
Zandranna
Owner
Owner

UK

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   14/07/18, 09:07 pm

Goodness me Tara.  What a tale.  But then it was Friday 13th.  Hope you get better soon.

I was very good today, even though it was boiling hot.  I cleaned my living room and bedroom area from top to toe.  That's the first bit of real housework I have done for weeks.  I was also going to get to the kitchen and bathroom but Aimee and Jess showed up and visited for a couple of hours.

By the time they left I didn't feel like getting up and starting again so I did my usual lounging around and playing at keeping myself entertained.  No sewing today though.

I"m going to definitely try to have an early night tonight.

Back to top Go down
karinsuezen28
Amethyst Member
Amethyst Member

CA

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   15/07/18, 01:53 pm

good morning all

susan
Back to top Go down
Geru
Sappire Member
Sappire Member

CA

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   15/07/18, 07:32 pm

Yup , the heat is getting to all of us , it's 23c here now , climbing to 27 it says, to hot for me and many others for sure .   Hardly anyone has air condition around here, cause it does not get this warm to often 
A few rich folks do have it, Hydro is expensive . I use fans, and surely did a good job on one of my fingers this morning, when it got caught in some part  of the motor , glad I did not loose the finger, but have on heck of a blood blister now .and it feels numb, guess my numb leg  nerves needed company .  
Life is full of  unpleasant surprises .

Tara: OMG, shat is quite the carpet tale ,can just see it , shorts only ... dance ,  I am glad  all came out well in the end ,new carpet and all .  The girls are so lucky to have such a nice Grandma so close by .   And to think,   all that car ordeal red , for nothing .......how frustrating for you lol , but .....what the heck, you seem to take it all in stride , bless your heart .  You need a vacation .

Susan:  tell us about your day , how is the heat in Toronto ?.

Sandy:  glad you are hanging loose , and keeping busy cleaning house , how nice it must all smell now   , but do hope you got in that early night , sleep is most important . for our immune systems . 

Ok, got to get off the chair,my bones hurt.  
Back to top Go down
Whisper
Ruby Member
Ruby Member

UK

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   16/07/18, 10:07 am

We finally have some steady rain. Not too heavy so it should get chance to soak in. It's slightly cooler but the humidity is 99% so it doesn't feel cool at all. Rare for people to have aircon here too Geru. No call for it during our usual summers. Ouch on the finger. I hope the numbness disappears quickly.

I'm tired just reading Tara's post. lol  I need to move and get some housework done before lunch with my sister. I've been neglecting it while it's been so hot but if I leave it any longer I'll be ankle deep in cat hair.
Back to top Go down
Zandranna
Owner
Owner

UK

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   16/07/18, 04:57 pm

I did get an early night thanks Geru.  Trouble is, an early night means I wake up ridiculously early the next morning.

No rain here yet Wendy. Still bloody hot.

I've just spent an hour at the dentist again.  It wasn't quite so harrowing this time, but still bloody awful.  Good news though.  I don't have to go again next week, so they cancelled that appointment.  New one made for both dentist and hygenist for December.

Yesterday I was bored so ended up making a half pinny.  As I wear long skirts I made the pinny quite long too.  It comes down to a couple of inches below my knees.  It only took a couple of hours, but kept me amused.  I was going to add a pocket but I actually like it without. 

I have made another one in a different style, I just need to sew a waist band and ties on it.

Do any of you wear aprons?

I really want to make a kaftan but the weather is so hot and I don't fancy laying the material on the floor and getting on my knees to cut it out.  The weather is meant to break tomorrow down here so I might do it then.

Back to top Go down
karinsuezen28
Amethyst Member
Amethyst Member

CA

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   16/07/18, 10:18 pm

it's pretty

susan 

good late afternoon all

nope, i did when i was a kid, and so did mom and baba, but even they stopped, well baba's not around anymore, but mom never does..

sorry what's a kaftan.....never heard of it before

susan 
Back to top Go down
Whisper
Ruby Member
Ruby Member

UK

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   17/07/18, 07:59 am

It is pretty but no I've never worn an apron. We finally got a proper downpour last night with some thunder rumbling in the distance so maybe it's your turn next Sandy.

Had a good catch up with my sister yesterday and my sister-in-law arrived as well to have her hair cut so a catch up with her too was a bonus. So much of our family stuff revolved around mum that we need to make sure we don't all drift apart now the matriarch is gone.

I'm currently debating whether to strangle my granddaughter when I see her. lol She's in Finland for another couple of months yet but has been offered her dream job starting in October. She says she's not going to take it. She's spent years working towards her goal but now there's a boyfriend on the scene and the job is a three year contract abroad. Argh!!!
Back to top Go down
Zandranna
Owner
Owner

UK

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   17/07/18, 10:21 am

The drifting apart after our Mum died happened Wendy.  Over the course of a few years we all sort of moved to different counties.  I was in Sussex, Penny and Pam moved to Kent and Barbara moved to Dorset.  At least now I am also in Dorset with Barbara and her crew again.  It's sad that it happens.  It was the same when my Gran died, all the Aunts and Uncles spread out around the country.

Oh dear, regarding your Granddaughter.  I can see why you feel like that.

A Kaftan Susan is a long, loose flowing dress that you just chuck on to lounge around in or for throwing over a swim costume on the beach.  They can be any length you want from hip length to ankle length depending on what you want to wear them as or with.

See Kaftans Here

I'm going to make one out of a second hand duvet cover. At the moment I'm just having fun making things that don't require a pattern and that I can make with charity shop sheets etc. 

Louie and I have just got back from an hour long walk along the beach.  It's been so long since I have been able to walk for so long in one go.  It's was such joy.  Louie wouldn't go in the sea, but he had a great time digging in the sand.  He was kicking it everywhere.

I risked letting the little sod off the lead for a bit.  Not for long though because it only took a few minutes before he realised I wasn't putting his lead back on then shortly after he  I think he started heading for Scotland at top speed.  It took a few calls before the bugger came back, but come back he did.

I met one of the women from my old block down there with her dog, Sophie.  My goodness that woman can talk.  She hardly takes a breath.  And I thought I was bad.

As I look out of the window now, I think you right Wendy, it's just about to rain here.
Back to top Go down
karinsuezen28
Amethyst Member
Amethyst Member

CA

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   17/07/18, 03:17 pm

It is pretty but no I've never worn an apron. We finally got a proper downpour last night with some thunder rumbling in the distance so maybe it's your turn next Sandy. 

we did as well, we sure did need it....too

susan 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   

Back to top Go down

Spring & Summer Chit Chat
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 10 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Zan's Zone :: Now We're Buzzing - Members Only :: Coffee Break-
Jump to: