Spring & Summer Chit Chat - Page 14
A Warm Welcome

This site is - 568 Days Old
A Warm Welcome to Zan's Zone Guest
Please feel free to come and go as you please.
Please tell me if you see any mistakes in the skin so that I can fix it.
Feel free to add a link to your own board, blog or website in your signature.
The size of images added to signatures are restricted to avoid long scrolling passed them.
If you have made a post on your own board and you would like to post a link to it, Post it Here
Gab

Gab the new social media system - A cross between Facebook and Twitter.

Whatcha Up To?

My Time & Weather

Click for Bournemouth, United Kingdom Forecast

Worthwhile Charities

Share | 

Spring & Summer Chit Chat

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Spherical
Ruby Member
Ruby Member

Name : Martha
AU
Kudos : 127
Mood : Reminiscent
Birthday : 3rd March

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   08/08/18, 04:20 am

I spoke too soon as I found out my eldest brother was still in Italy and he was actually driving in Bolonga on that freeway as the explosion happened. 
Thank goodness he was just outside the danger zone and is unharmed and car is ok.

Exactly Wendy and I always liked beanies as they are warm and comfy. I have the same problem with my ears and even here when it's windy I have to be careful.

I'm sorting through paperwork today and needed a break; hence my posting hahahaha.

Ok I better get back to it and pay some bills while I'm at it.

Back to top Go down
http://spherical.forumotion.com http://sphericals.weebly.com https://gab.ai/SphericMartha
Whisper
Emerald Member
Emerald Member

UK
Kudos : 46
Mood : Restless

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   08/08/18, 08:04 am

Oh dear. Glad he was clear at least Martha. Scary stuff.

Good to hear the roofers are almost finished Geru. Enjoy the quiet.

Still cooler here while large parts of the country are frying. We even have ten spots of rain falling right now. lol

I haven't decided what to waste my day on yet. A few chores to do but my back is being a pain after doing housework two days running so only light work for me today. The cat has her head on my hand while I type. She needs combing so that might be next on my list.
Back to top Go down
karinsuezen28
Amethyst Member
Amethyst Member

Kudos : 3

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   08/08/18, 01:17 pm

good morning all

susan
Back to top Go down
Dougalarse
Amethyst Member
Amethyst Member

Name : Douglas
CA
Kudos : 12

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   08/08/18, 07:18 pm

Hello Ladies.  Yes Sandi and Wendy too. Wink

Dang Martha!  I saw that on the news. Unreal.  Oh and me stir the pot?  Nevah! tongue 

I hope everyone is doing well. It`s hot and muggy here and I am loving it!
Back to top Go down
Geru
Topaz Member
Topaz Member

Name : Hannelore
CA
Kudos : 4

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   08/08/18, 08:08 pm

Just dropping in , to hot for anything,don't care for this heat , it's going to cool down by Saturday it says, but then go up again , Summer is not for me  , don't see how anyone can love hot and muggy lol , we don't have air conditioning ,

Martha:  glad your brother is OK , that was a close one .    

hug
Back to top Go down
karinsuezen28
Amethyst Member
Amethyst Member

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   09/08/18, 02:05 am

good evening all....

susan i love it hot, not muggy, but yes hot....i do love
Back to top Go down
Spherical
Ruby Member
Ruby Member

AU

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   09/08/18, 06:07 am

I love the heat and luckily we don't often get the humidity that a lot of you get in summer. Can't wait for Spring to start ...absolutely loath this cold and wet weather.

Lunch time here now so I must get to that shortly.
Just changed my insurance company and saved myself half of the costs of all my insurances  dance

Done a load of washing that's now on the clothes horse and that's it for me today.
Ferocious wind and hail, rain and thunderstorms here so I'm going to snuggle up soon and read my book.

Ontario has been on the news here lately too Dougie. I think it was a shooting and fire too if I remember rightly.

Back to top Go down
http://spherical.forumotion.com http://sphericals.weebly.com https://gab.ai/SphericMartha
Whisper
Emerald Member
Emerald Member

UK

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   09/08/18, 08:13 am

Nice saving Martha. My car and house insurance are up for renewal over the next couple of months so I'll be shopping around too. I don't envy you that weather. Only 18C forecast for here today but it's dry, sunny and just a gentle breeze so not bad.

I need to strip the bed and I'm sure the cat will help me remake it with fresh bedding. One of these days I'm going to fasten the duvet cover while she's in it and leave her there.
Back to top Go down
Zandranna
Owner
Owner

Name : Sandy
UK
Mood : More or less content
Birthday : 1st Nov

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   09/08/18, 09:48 am

Good to hear your SiL is doing well Tara.  I doubt I will go to see the new Mama Mia.  Stitting in a cinema is not my cup of tea unless it's for a really great film.  Will wait until someone lends it to me on DVD I expect.

Dogs can do so much damage in such a short time if they take umbridge to being locked up the little buggers. 

I suppose with me and summer hats, it's more for keeping the sun off of my head and shoulders and ignoring the extra heat it makes on my head.  Any extra heat I'm grateful for for the winter and cold autumns.

So very pleased your Brother is ok Martha.  Very scary.

Not the Dark Web Tara.  It's all out in the open but one just has to know where to look and find all the information.

The bandana hat didn't turn out well at all.  So I wont try that again.  This last week, I haven't felt like doing much sewing so the skirt I was making is still sitting there half done.  I'm stupid not to finish that because once that is done I will be able to wear the two pockets I have completed for wearing under it.

When Jess picked me up yesterday the first things she said is we can't go through the village, we have to go around.  Seemingly a sink hole has appeared in the high street.  One car got caught down it.  No one hurt, but it's causing a lot of disruption with traffic having to manually be guided around in sequence.  It's obviously because of all this hot weather.  Thank goodness it's a lot cooler now.

After the Doctors yesterday Jess and I went down to Matalan for her to buy some new shoes.  I also wanted a pair of cheepies to slip on my feet when wanting to quickly go to the dustbins or such.  Got a pair for £8.  I don't bother to wear shoes indoors you see, so everytime I need to nip out I have to strap myself in my sandles.  Which is a pain.
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/zandranna https://gab.ai/Zandranna
Geru
Topaz Member
Topaz Member

CA

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   09/08/18, 07:41 pm

No, you can all keep the hot weather , my bones don't like heat  , up to 23c it's fine , but after that the body starts dragging , must be to to the type of arthritis I have developed some how . Humidity makes in even worse .... oh dear .
No, don't like the real cold either , i need moderation , good luck to me ... lol . Well, our winters here are not to cold , windy some times . and rain too , but to me , that  is better then this heat .

Martha:  hail  and Thunderstorms in Winter ?  wow !! Well, snuggle up and enjoy your book .Congrats on the insurance savings .

Whisper: funny story about you wanting to lock the kitty in with the duvet cover... lol , you would never hear the end of it , good luck with the insurance price hunting 

Sandy; Wow, new shoes for comfort, I am all for it , I go barefoot all day in my place, not good really 
I saw several ladies with hats last evening at the village street market  , but I went without mine , just to hot / The place was crowded and hot , there was music and hot dogs and ethnic food stands , and all sorts of things  , and lots of screaming kids .... lol  and barking dogs ... lol, but some of those doggies were mighty pretty I tell you . Personally , I would love a manicured black poodle , that does not bark ,  with red 
bow and collar , but could not afford to keep it pretty and feed it , and doctor it .....and not allowed pets here anyways . I have allergies too, so there .  A  doggy is a conversation peace so it seems .
Sinkholes ???  you hear of them more and more every place it seems , scary stuff .

My niece has two German shepherds   , OMG, I don't go near the place , they are scary I tell you ,
She has two boys .and of course the dogs belong to them . 

hug
Back to top Go down
Whisper
Emerald Member
Emerald Member

UK

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   10/08/18, 08:00 am

I love German Shepherds but sadly silly breeding has made their backs slope more and more until they're becoming unhealthy. You have to choose the bloodline very carefully here now. I blame the Kennel Club for encouraging all these unhealthy traits in so many breeds. They put looks above health and I refused to register my last few pedigree dogs with them. 

Yikes Sandy. There do seem to be a lot of sinkholes opening up over the last few years. May be the heat this year but in the past it's been floods and all sorts of unknown reasons.

It's down to 15C here today and pouring with rain. We need it so I'm not complaining about it for once. Backto 20C and dry and sunny tomorrow if the forecast is to be believed.
Back to top Go down
Zandranna
Owner
Owner

UK

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   10/08/18, 09:50 am

Lovely cool day outside but it's still very hot indoors.  It must be where the bricks have aborbed the heat. 

Shepherds are the only dogs that I really don't like.  I am very nervous around them.  The Kennel Club have ruined a lot of breeds sadly.  The British Bull Dog looks absolutely nothing like they did when I was a child.

I bet the market was good fun Geru.  I love village markets.

Fess up time for me:  I was diognosed with a very, very, mild form of PTSD a couple of days ago, due to all these illnesses I have had one after the other for the last 5 years.  My tablets were changed to one that also contains a mild sedative and an appointment was made for me yesterday to have an initial appointment with a therapist.  Jess took me along to that.

I am now waiting for a call back as soon as possible for regular therapist appointments.  I've been in a pretty bad state since the tail end of when I lived with Sarah and was constantly in and out of hospital.  Hopefully they can help me get my life back together and I can start enjoying it fully again.

It's Sarah's birthday on the 3rd and I was wracking my brain yesterday on what to get her.  She tells me that she doesn't want anything physical as she has so much stuff already, so I am going to take us all out for a meal on her birthday evening.  Everyone is making sure they get that evening off.

Oh, as I sit here it's just started peeing with rain.  How wonderful.  The earth needs it desparately. But it does mean I am going to get wet when I go around for my dinner in a couple of hours.

I might even do some housework today, if I can get off of my arse.
Back to top Go down
Whisper
Emerald Member
Emerald Member

UK

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   11/08/18, 09:56 am

It's good that you have a diagnosis Sandy and can start to get help. That's often the biggest hurdle. I hope you get those regular sessions quite quickly.

Yes bulldogs are another disaster created by stupid KC standards. They used to be such handsome dogs. The same applies to a lot of the short nosed breeds. Half of them need surgery to help them even breathe properly. Makes me so angry. *gets off soapbox*

It poured with rain most of the day yesterday and the temp dropped to 15C. I got pretty wet running errands and doing the grocery shop but it was definitely much needed. Supposed to get up to 20C today and the sun is out.
Back to top Go down
Geru
Topaz Member
Topaz Member

CA

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   11/08/18, 07:47 pm

Well, it has cooled down a bit today, thank goodness, but won't least long .  no rain so far , and we need it badly . grass is brown in many many places , fires all over the country , some do to lightening strikes  but many  others do to careless people , with their campfires etc etc etc .

Sandy , happy to hear your going to get some therapy sessions , hope they will be of some help for you. Enjoy the much needed rain fall Sandy , don't forget to take the umbrella to get your dinner tonight .

Whisper : Bulldogs are kind of ugly looking to me  too ,  lol, guess I am fussy . Dogs are plentiful around my district here I tell you . We have a huge Doggy store in the village  , you can buy everything from soup to nuts in there for your doggy , folks parade their pets proudly .

have a nice day everyone .

hug
Back to top Go down
Spherical
Ruby Member
Ruby Member

AU

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   12/08/18, 04:02 am

Sandy I am not surprised that you got that diagnosis. I just knew it was more then just the weather pulling you down. So having said this I too am glad to hear you will get some sessions with a therapist and here's to all the good help for you and for working through this into good health and happiness. I love you

I honestly think that all the sink holes all over the world are because of all the fracking they do as the land surface is changed through fracking and that will have a cause on affect elsewhere.

Egypt has the biggest sink hole in the world .... now where does oil come from? lol  Before you chew my head off hahaha I know it's not the only place where oil comes from but do you see the reasoning behind it?

Ok I need to get going and bring Catherine her cake and goodies so I'm out of here.

Have a nice weekend everyone Smile

Back to top Go down
Whisper
Emerald Member
Emerald Member

UK

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   12/08/18, 11:27 am

I'm sure fracking doesn't help Martha but as it's a recent thing here it doesn't explain the previous sinkholes we've had. There must be a variety of causes. We may be in for more of them now the fracking has started though.

It rained here from about 4pm yesterday and has continued through the night and this morning. The kind of steady rain the land is in need of. Hopefully it will top up the reservoirs we rely on in this area too. They cancelled the hosepipe ban that was meant to start on the 5th but haven't ruled one out for later as yet.

I've done a few chores this morning but have nothing at all planned for this afternoon. Might be time to find an entertaining box set.
Back to top Go down
Geru
Topaz Member
Topaz Member

CA

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   12/08/18, 08:47 pm

Weather has cooled down , wow , how nice , but it won't last , more heat coming up next week it says . We did get our one shower , we need more  , hazy today and 18c , how nice .

Yup , those sinkholes are happening more and more , yes , some are due to broken pipes underground floods , or natural floods , but the fracking and other underground activities or testing underground sure do their damage .  And then there are mild earthquake tremors too, the reasons are many I bet . Florida USA gets lots of them so I read . Most of them are man made problems I bet .

Need to get some work done today while it's cooler , have a nice Sunday all .

hug
Back to top Go down
Whisper
Emerald Member
Emerald Member

UK

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   13/08/18, 07:56 am

Another showery day forecast for here. It's about 16C but may get up to 20C with some late afternoon sunshine. We'll see. I'm going to kick myself into cleaning upstairs while it's still cool and then lunch at a friend's later with my sister and niece. First I better get dressed I suppose. I've already showered but that was as far as I got.
Back to top Go down
Geru
Topaz Member
Topaz Member

CA

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   14/08/18, 12:16 am

Just dropping in to say hello , have a great day ladies

hug
Back to top Go down
karinsuezen28
Amethyst Member
Amethyst Member

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   14/08/18, 02:09 am

i hope that this is ok to post here i do know that some do not allow it, as it doesn't have a copywrite, so

susan 

how goes everyone.....

ah so that's where you're from geru, on the other side of the country....

um to those who make the canadian flags, may i have one please......and put swansea, ontario, pretty please, i think that i used to have, it, but not sure
Back to top Go down
Zandranna
Owner
Owner

UK

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   14/08/18, 07:33 am

Susan, click to edit your profile.  You will see where to choose a little flag a little way down.  There are lots of spaces there where you can choose things that we show in your profile and also on the side in your posts.  Just click on your name in any of your posts and then have a play.

We've had a couple of really cool, cloudy days down here.  It's been wonderful not having that awful heat.

I've stayed off the computer for the last couple of days.  I seem to always be on the computer when I get one of those silent migraines, They are terrifying. The Doctor told me to not to stay on it for long periods.  I thought I'd give myself a complete rest from it.  The confusion of losing the ability to read and understand what one is seeing or hearing is horrendous.  I'm at the point now, where I really am scared to get on the comp at all.

As I haven't done anything this last couple of days I don't have anything to rattle on about I'm afraid.  I might think of something later.
Back to top Go down
TaraLynn7
Amethyst Member
Amethyst Member

US
Kudos : 6
Birthday : 07/04/

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   14/08/18, 04:16 pm

Good morning! 

Oh Sandy I hope you know I was teasing you about the Dark Web.  I wouldn't have a clue how to get to the dark web if I had to.  

Still sounds like heat is a problem for everyone.  It sure is here. I like it warm but not muggy, sticky etc.  Hard to breath that air when you have asthma. 

Went to the eye specialist yesterday and I am all set for my cataract surgery the 23.  I will be so glad to see better.   I hope it's an easy surgery like everyone tells me.

Heading to the movies again today with the grandchildren.  Seeing Hotel Transylvania 3.  I enjoy the cartoon movies with the kids even more than I expect too.

We had a nice day at the birthday party, it wasn't so hot, so it was OK sitting outside.  AS usual Bridget got a lot of nice things. She makes a list on Amazon too, I bought some things off her list.  ONe thing looks interesting, it was a set of paint brushes except instead of :hairs: at the bottom they have different size steel balls.    You can paint pictures using dots, looks like fun. You can use the littlest ones to paint designs on fingernails, she wants to paint faces on Squishies, some new toy she is fascinated with.  Soft and well...LOL squishy toys in different shapes, sizes.   She carries then around when she is not reading that is. Elise isn't quite the reader Bridget is, she  likes videos on her phone. I wish they didn't have all that access to their phones but who am I??? 

Take care everyone!!

Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/Taralynn7 http://tarasbakingagain.blogspot.com/
Geru
Topaz Member
Topaz Member

CA

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   14/08/18, 07:34 pm

Another hot one coming up , humidity is high , yuk . Going to feel like 32c it says , I hate it . I am waiting for the Fedex delivery truck, what a pain  , stay home all day and wait .

Sandy: don't worry, about not having much to say at the moment , we understand  .Yup , and anyways, there is a lot of garbage out there on the Internet , you don't know what you can believe . not missing much by staying off the computer ever so often .  Hope those headaches  will disappear soon .

Tara:  nice to see you ...... good luck with the eye surgery .  I never did hear from  Anne  in Toronto , to see how she made out with hers .
Enjoy the movie with the Grandchildren , you are such a good Grandma  .   That new Toy sounds like fun   , what they don't come up with next .    Yup , those phone are the ruination of kids , but ..... who are we to feel like that , they are the latest rage . There is an App for everything !!! I don't have one .

hug
Back to top Go down
Zandranna
Owner
Owner

UK

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   15/08/18, 06:26 am

Oh yeah Tara, I knew you were kidding about the dark web.  I wouldn't have a clue either how to get on it. 

Funnily enough I was talking to one of the old ladies here only yesterday when I went to get my lunch about cataracts.  She has just had her first one done.  She said it really is easy to have done.  Absolutely no problem at all.  She's now looking forward to getting the other one done.  After what she told me, I certainly wont be worried when my time comes.  Quicker than even having an eye test and not much different than that anyway.

My Aimee sorted herself out an Amazon wish list too, a handful of weeks ago, and of course I obviously had to have one as well, lol.  Although with me, even though I always usually find loads of things I could buy on Amazon, when I tried to start a list, I had a job thinking of anything to put on it.  I'm sure I will find plenty of things eventually.  Those wish lists are a great idea and I hope the rest of the family follow suit soon too.  Will be so much easier when it comes to Christmas.

I've got Doctors today.  It's meant to be just for a medication check and also for my yearly blood test etc.  It's a pain in the rear but my Jess is taking me so it shouldn't take long.  I want to talk her into letting me have another eye test as I'm having real trouble with my left eye when reading or when on the comp for more than a few mins.  I only had one about 9 months ago and as we are only allowed one every 2 years I have to go through the Doctor for another one so soon.
Back to top Go down
Geru
Topaz Member
Topaz Member

CA

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   15/08/18, 07:05 pm

19c, will rise of course , and by the afternoon to feel like 27c  , that is still to hot for me , but I will enjoy the cooler weather right now . The roof is supposed to be finished , but they keep going up on it , guess it's to finish off small details  . 

I have heard good and bad about the eye surgery.  Not bad if you can have it done by laser surgery, but some need scalpel surgery , not all are candidates for the laser surgery . My x mother in law lost her sight in one eye do to  the surgery , so she never got the other one done understandably  And it's not always successful , and needs to be repeated . But those are the bad cases I guess  . Most cases are OK .

Sandy: hope everything goes well at the Doctors today .
Ps, waited all day yesterday, no parcel arrived , I really don't like it when online ordering firms use Fedex, instead of the regular Mail delivery . 

hug
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   

Back to top Go down

Spring & Summer Chit Chat
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 14 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Zan's Zone :: Now We're Buzzing - Members Only :: Coffee Break-
Jump to: