Spring & Summer Chit Chat - Page 16
A Warm Welcome

This site is - 605 Days Old
A Warm Welcome to Zan's Zone Guest
Please feel free to come and go as you please.
Please tell me if you see any mistakes in the skin so that I can fix it.
Feel free to add a link to your own board, blog or website in your signature.
The size of images added to signatures are restricted to avoid long scrolling passed them.
If you have made a post on your own board and you would like to post a link to it, Post it Here
Gab

Gab the new social media system - A cross between Facebook and Twitter.

Whatcha Up To?

My Time & Weather

Click for Bournemouth, United Kingdom Forecast

Worthwhile Charities

Share | 

Spring & Summer Chit Chat

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16
AuthorMessage
Whisper
Emerald Member
Emerald Member

UK
Kudos : 46
Mood : Restless

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   29/08/18, 07:52 am

Well done Geru. Looks like we've all put some of the big companies in their place this month. lol

Sandy I still have jumpers I bought decades ago that I got when we were up in Scotland and visited one of their big Edinburgh Woolen Mills. I also bought several in a couple of the Welsh mills. They've been worn a lot over the years so although they were expensive they've earned their keep. I've always carefully handwashed them which is a bit of a pain but it's worth it. My biggest problem was always finding somewhere to dry them flat like you're supposed to do. Most machines have a wool cycle these days though so it's probably much easier.
Back to top Go down
Zandranna
Owner
Owner

Name : Sandy
UK
Kudos : 128
Mood : Sleepy
Birthday : 1st Nov

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   29/08/18, 01:54 pm

Yeah, I've bought a few bits from the Wool Mill.  I love their woolies.  As you say, they last forever if looked after.  I mostly buy my winter scarves, gloves, etc there.  I've also bought a couple of nice throws in the past for Bailey and Louie.  It's hard to choose something clothes wise for someone else, so I think Sarah should like a gift card from there.  In the past the bits I have bought the girls from there they have always been with me to choose their "treat" for themselves.

Not a very nice day out there at the moment.  Not wet, but very dull and you can feel the autumn chill in the air now too.

Louie is looking longingly out of the window so I will take him for a quick walk before I settle down to the next disc of series 5 of Supernatural.

Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/zandranna https://gab.ai/Zandranna
Geru
Sappire Member
Sappire Member

Name : Hannelore
CA
Kudos : 6

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   29/08/18, 07:39 pm

Yup , chill in the air this morning , lets hope we don't miss fall , I usually look forward to it after the long drastic summer heat . 
I need to go grocery shopping today, running out of to many things .
Then make up my budget later , and balance my check- book  to my statement tomorrow . I have to keep on it , or I will get is all messed up . I hate it when the banks change their cut off days too, pain in the neck  , anything and everything in the name of improvements  and keep them all working I know, but it's sure hard on us trying to keep things straight .... lol .

Wool Mill ?? don't think I have ever seen one here .   I love wool, but .... hand wash , dry flat , etc , I am so lazy it seems, and one needs room too.
Back to top Go down
TaraLynn7
Amethyst Member
Amethyst Member

US
Kudos : 7
Birthday : 07/04/

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   30/08/18, 04:01 am

My mother and her caretaker went out to lunch, they were parking the car and something happened and the car accelerated and the car took a nosedive into a deep ditch and mom was taken to the nearest hospital of course where they airlifted her to St. Louis Barnes Hospital and she has 2 fractured in her neck and her sternum and some ribs.  Mom is 84, weighs less than how old she is and has severe osteoporosis.  She is in ICU ward at Barnes, and so she gets very ill from pain meds so they are doing an epidural for a few days so she can cough to keep pneumonia away.   
So I might be missing again while we run back and forth to the hospital and then we will have to figure out rehab places for mom as well.  
Take care everyone.

Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/Taralynn7 http://tarasbakingagain.blogspot.com/
Whisper
Emerald Member
Emerald Member

UK
Kudos : 46
Mood : Restless

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   30/08/18, 09:57 am

Ouch. That's nasty at that age with her existing bone problems. I hope she manages to avoid pneumonia and heals well. I got pneumonia after breaking several ribs and it was nasty. I was only half your mum's age too so hopefully the epidural will help a lot.

I'm like you Geru. I have to keep on top of the finances and even small changes the bank makes can be annoying and throw you off your routine checks.

Same here with the weather Sandy. It's not raining but it's dull and chilly. I thought you were getting a lot better temps down there than us but it seems not.
Back to top Go down
Geru
Sappire Member
Sappire Member

CA

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   30/08/18, 07:23 pm

Seems like fall arrived in one heck of a hurry , it's 16c and windy , so it makes it chilly , hope we can still  look forward to some nice fall weather . No rain so far ,and they are cutting the lawn ??  

Did not get around to doing the books yesterday, kept getting side tracked , so today is the day or bust ... lol . Already got the bedding changed , deep vacuumed the bedroom including all the corners ,and found my old beside clock in the closet , so got that back working now . Some sleep and the cooler weather helps with energy .

Tara:  so sorry to hear about your Mom's accident , oh dear, hope she makes it , she is so frail already , sending good wishes and prayers for her . flower
Take good care of your self now , and don't over due , how is that eye doing ?

Sandy: hope you are keeping the chills out , bundle up when walking Loui .
Whisper: I best get doing the budget now , at least that will be a start .  

Back to top Go down
Spherical
Ruby Member
Ruby Member

Name : Martha
AU
Kudos : 127
Mood : Reminiscent
Birthday : 3rd March

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   30/08/18, 11:04 pm

Yay Geru well done with the ISP Smile it does pay to be a bit more forth coming with that lot hey! lol

Oh no sorry to hear about your mum Tara; hope she heals well and that the epidural helps her.

I do the same with my finances Geru and Wendy and not only does it pay to be on top of it but it also shows or helps you when the bank makes a mistake.

We've had shocking weather here and I lost internet for a while because of it. Other then that I had emergency call outs and was away for a few days because of it.
Looking forward to a few calm, easy days but I did manage to have 2 days of doing nothing, other then relaxing and reading.

Back to top Go down
http://spherical.forumotion.com http://sphericals.weebly.com https://gab.ai/SphericMartha
karinsuezen28
Amethyst Member
Amethyst Member

Kudos : 3

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   31/08/18, 02:37 pm

so, so sad th at it's nearly over

susan 
Back to top Go down
Geru
Sappire Member
Sappire Member

CA

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   01/09/18, 12:38 am

It's cool and windy , sun it out , but it sure is very fall like today . Labour day weekend here , last big  outings before school starts . 

must get out shopping for some summer sales maybe ?  
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   

Back to top Go down

Spring & Summer Chit Chat
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 16 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Zan's Zone :: Now We're Buzzing - Members Only :: Coffee Break-
Jump to: