Spring & Summer Chit Chat - Page 4
A Warm Welcome

This site is - 630 Days Old
A Warm Welcome to Zan's Zone Guest
Please feel free to come and go as you please.
Please tell me if you see any mistakes in the skin so that I can fix it.
Feel free to add a link to your own board, blog or website in your signature.
The size of images added to signatures are restricted to avoid long scrolling passed them.
If you have made a post on your own board and you would like to post a link to it, Post it Here
Gab

Gab the new social media system - A cross between Facebook and Twitter.

Testing Shoutbox
Shouting as: Guest
My Time & Weather

Click for Bournemouth, United Kingdom Forecast

Share | 

Spring & Summer Chit Chat

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Geru
Sappire Member
Sappire Member

Name : Hannelore
CA
Kudos : 6

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   25/05/18, 08:48 pm

good day everyone : Elaine , well lets hope our good vibes will help the Kinder Morgen Pipeline project , but I don't believe it will work , unless a miracle happens . Trudeau wants the jobs it creates , to get the votes if nothing else .  
Quitt smoking for good? , I will root for you . My daughter told me this before her last visit , and when she arrived she was puffing like a chimney headbang .... lol, all her clothes reeked of cigarettes red , and I could not breath to go near her. We got in to a nasty argument over it .  Here is rooting for you Elaine , stick with it .   flower

Nice day here , hope the weather stays like this for a bit . 
Back to top Go down
Elaine
Emerald Member
Emerald Member

Name : NutBar
CA
Kudos : 42
Mood : Introspective
Birthday : October 1

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   25/05/18, 10:12 pm

Thank you Geru! I currently live with a chain smoker and it's grossing me out enough to keep me on-track LOL
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/@togonit http://canadianforumchat.freeforums.net/
Geru
Sappire Member
Sappire Member

CA

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   26/05/18, 08:08 pm

Good day to whoever might just peek in ..... lol 

Elaine:  once you really really have quit long enough, you will get  a nose like a bloodhound .... lol , It must be hard on you to live with a chain smoker . Both of my parents chain smoked, I was glad to leave home I tell you . I walk past a smoker on the street , I can smell it instantly , think I will be wearing a face mask come July  Sad
Back to top Go down
karinsuezen28
Amethyst Member
Amethyst Member

CA
Kudos : 4

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   28/05/18, 01:55 am

good evening all

finally starting to warm up here, so that's definately a good thing

i don't know what to make of that morgan pipeline i really don't....anymore
Back to top Go down
karinsuezen28
Amethyst Member
Amethyst Member

CA
Kudos : 4

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   28/05/18, 01:57 am

my dad quit when i was about 5 his brother died from it, well kind of

then my mom kept on smoking it was hard, she quit when she was 70 because she was finding it hard to breath, not officially diagnosed with COPD, but, she has it for sure

she's 85 now......and still quit, so that's good but she has other health issues
Back to top Go down
Elaine
Emerald Member
Emerald Member

CA

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   28/05/18, 02:11 am

It's strange that since quitting smoking, my lungs feel much worse. they feel swollen. I cough all the time now and never did while I was smoking. I live next to a Hwy though and have to constantly breathe exhaust fumes which are much more dangerous than cigarette smoke. I also live next to an airport. I'm pretty sure cigarette smoke is the least polluter.
Back to top Go down
Whisper
Ruby Member
Ruby Member

UK
Kudos : 46
Mood : Restless

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   28/05/18, 07:59 am

I think you'd be right. I live near a road with a lot of car transporters and other lorries going past all day. The fumes can be horrendous. Cigarette smoke only bothers me in a closed room with several people smoking in it at once.

I had a busy weekend with visitors both days and nights. Today is a Bank Holiday but a lot of people work it anyway. The roads are slightly quieter though. I'm going to do some cleaning up and then have lunch with my sister at a friend's place later.
Back to top Go down
Geru
Sappire Member
Sappire Member

CA

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   28/05/18, 07:28 pm

Elaine;  That really sounds strange ... swollen lungs feeling ??   and coughing ? Think you might want to get checked out . Could be withdrawal  issues maybe , or other allergies,  lets hope that is all it is , take good care .  

Cigarette smoke  makes my airway constrict  and I start hacking , my eyes water and itch . I used to think this was hay-fever , but not so , it's an allergy . I got tested , I took shots  and had to stop them , my system rebucked the serum  , would break out in HIves .  Out of 48 different things, I was allergic to 29 , just my luck .
Back to top Go down
Elaine
Emerald Member
Emerald Member

CA

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   29/05/18, 05:42 am

I have allergies too Geru. Mostly foods though, and one medicine. I used to get horrible hives all the time.
I'm feeling better today, thank you ♥️
Back to top Go down
Geru
Sappire Member
Sappire Member

CA

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   29/05/18, 07:39 pm

Well, everything is not always allergies  I say , but everyone  must know their own thing . 
Glad you are feeling better today Elaine .

Have a nice day .
Back to top Go down
Elaine
Emerald Member
Emerald Member

CA

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   30/05/18, 02:31 am

Thank you Geru ♥️
Back to top Go down
Geru
Sappire Member
Sappire Member

CA

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   30/05/18, 07:39 pm

Now lets see , what can we talk about here ?  lol , weather is pretty good, food on the table so far ,  Hello Elaine , Susan and Whisper.

Bye , have a great day
Back to top Go down
Whisper
Ruby Member
Ruby Member

UK

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   31/05/18, 11:25 am

Hi Geru. lol Nothing exciting happening to post about. Weather's not bad. Bedding's drying outdoors which is always a bonus here. Cat has plonked her head on my keyboard to try and get my attention. Pretty quiet generally although June is going to be a busy month for me between appointments and family events and my car needing its service and MOT. Another bill I could do without but I'm not quite ready to give up my car yet despite not using it much any more.
Back to top Go down
Nilla
Forumember
Forumember

Name : Crystal
US
Kudos : 2
Birthday : November 4th

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   31/05/18, 02:51 pm

Hi everyone. 

I just registered the other day. This place seems kind of quiet right now. I hope it picks up soon. tongue 

Anyway, not much going on here. Just about to have my coffee and see about doing some homework.
Back to top Go down
Elaine
Emerald Member
Emerald Member

CA

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   31/05/18, 06:26 pm

Good morning
I've been keeping busy with dentist appointments and shopping at the local thrift store. I'm very happy with my dentist and have found some great stuff at the thrift store. It's been nice to get out on my mobility scooter while the weather has been awesome. Once things really start heating up it will be too warm for me to scoot during the day. I don't do well in the hot sunshine.
Today is going to be a bit cool and we're expecting some rain at some point which is great. That way I don't have to go out and water the gardens. All this scooting around lately has affected my spine issue and sciatica. A day off from doing anything is what I need.
Have a beautiful Thursday/Friday!♥️
Back to top Go down
Elaine
Emerald Member
Emerald Member

CA

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   31/05/18, 06:27 pm

Oh yeah! I'm still a non-smoker!  dance
Back to top Go down
Geru
Sappire Member
Sappire Member

CA

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   31/05/18, 08:02 pm

Good morning everyone .   Well, at least a few are poking their heads in now, think everyone must be at Martha's place mostly ..... or just outside now , it's warm out  and folks are gardening .  I don't have a garden , and I can't walk from here to tim buck two either , lol, 
I visit the consignment stores here, but believe me , they are not cheap , don't see any Thrift stores around here . I have a pile of dishes to do , so must do them before it gets bigger lol  and some other boring stuff as well, like ironing a few things , yuk ... lol 

Elaine:   Thanks for dropping in here, and congratulations on still being a non smoker , hang in there.
 you are a brave lady with that scooter traveling in the City , be careful .Hope you get that expected rain , then you won't have to water the garden . I know how painful your condition must be some days, I am battling a heavy dose of hip arthritis my self , long painful story , 

Whisper:   good to see you drop in , so the kitty is wanting your attention ?  Yup , sounds familiar, they get pretty demanding  some times .  Where is Sandy these days ?, this is her forum , I know she has been ill , but hear she is home and doing better .  Enjoy your car while you still got it , I gave up driving last year, and sure miss it .   

Crystal:   Nice to see you , I am only a member , not a hostess , so I hope you got some sort of welcome . Lets hope some more members will show up for you .  Have a great weekend 

Karinsuezsan 28 ;   Nice to see you in here, drop in again , have a nice weekend . 

Back to top Go down
Spherical
Ruby Member
Ruby Member

Name : Martha
AU
Kudos : 128
Mood : Recovering & Relaxing
Birthday : 3rd March

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   01/06/18, 01:24 am

We've had a few storms here Elaine. Other then that I've been busy with my helping out.
When I finally had some time to be online I'd lost the internet because of the storms.

Well done on the quitting smoking Smile 

Hello to you all Smile I'm trying hard to catch up but so far have not done so well with that.

Welcome to Zan's Zone Crystal Laughing

It's my usual busy Friday morning so must rush out the door again.
Later aligator .......

Back to top Go down
http://spherical.forumotion.com http://sphericals.weebly.com https://gab.ai/SphericMartha
Whisper
Ruby Member
Ruby Member

UK

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   01/06/18, 08:05 am

Welcome Crystal. It is pretty quiet around here lately. I'm off grocery shopping shortly. Whoopee! I hate shopping.

Congrats on the still not smoking Elaine.
Back to top Go down
Geru
Sappire Member
Sappire Member

CA

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   01/06/18, 11:27 pm

Its Friday, so just a drop in to see who is around, hope you all have a good weekend .
Back to top Go down
Zandranna
Owner
Owner

Name : Sandy
UK
Kudos : 131
Mood : Very Busy
Birthday : 1st Nov

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   02/06/18, 12:42 pm

Hi all and thanks for sticking around while I haven't been around.  I haven't read back on all of the posts yet so will just start again from this page.

I've just spent several months not being at all well again with visits in and out of hospital, but am much better now.

Having said that, although I am once again well, I am now trying to work up enthusiasm for playing on the boards again.

I see the gold has run out on here while I have been away and I looked yesterday to renew it but it seems that over these passed months they have put the price up a great deal so I am now going to have to check all my monthly outgoings to see if I can still afford to keep the board ad free, or just suggest that everyone uses an ad blocker.

To give myself an enthusiasm boost I'm also thinking of having a switch around on this board.  But to do that I'm really going to have to give myself a strong kick up the backside.  Being ill for so very long, on and off ,has left me heavily in the doldrums and I'm finding it very hard to suck my way out.

It's wonderful you are not smoking @Elaine.  I wish you all the best of luck with that.  I'm still just using my electronic ciggie.

A very warm welcome @Nilla

Today as I looked out of my window I saw many stalls selling all sorts of hand made goods in the gardens.  I had absolutely no idea there was to be a garden fete on the grounds, but then I haven't bothered to read any of the news letters on site or of the goings on in the village.  I have just popped out there to have a look see and bought a couple of lovely cushions.

I did manage to go to the yearly vintage car show at the castle a couple of weeks ago with my eldest GD, Aimee.

I think I am also fit enough again now to get out for short journeys on my trike, so I spent an afternoon cleaning her up and making sure all is in order from 2 years of sitting stagnant first in Sarah's garage and now in the shed here.  It seems the battery hasn't suffered from lack of use all that time either.  They now cost £200 so I wouldn't have wanted to find the money for one of those at this time.

I will post this now and then I can pop back later to do a better reading catch up of all that's gone on here while I've been missing.
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/zandranna https://zandranna.blogspot.com/ https://gab.ai/Zandranna
Geru
Sappire Member
Sappire Member

CA

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   02/06/18, 07:52 pm

We have a nice Saturday here , some sun some clouds  16c  Time to get out for that walk , run errands and chit chat with folks in stores .
Nothing much new otherwise .

Sandy:  nice to see you back , and glad to hear you are feeling stronger now , even strong enough to head out on the Trike , it's miracle the battery was not affected from the long storage . , wow . All the best to you  , it takes time to get back up and out there , slow but sure I say .

Hello to everyone else here , do hope your weekend is great .
Back to top Go down
Whisper
Ruby Member
Ruby Member

UK

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   03/06/18, 10:44 am

Lovely weather here so I hope you're getting the same Sandy and can think about a ride out. Glad you're feeling stronger but take it slowly. I always have trouble finding any enthusiasm for boards even when I've only been away for a couple of weeks so I suspect I'd take a lot of kicking if I was away for longer. Mostly though it's because I haven't got much to talk about. I lead a boring life most of the time. A couple of family events, a couple of weekend stays by my daughter, a doc's appointment and my car being serviced and MOT'd about sums up June.
Back to top Go down
Geru
Sappire Member
Sappire Member

CA

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   03/06/18, 07:04 pm

We are overcast here right now , 14c, rain forecast, but I doubt it will get here .
I am reading about the fires in California today seem an ongoing thing , must be a worry for folks living there , lets hope they get some rain .

Whisper: I don't have much to talk about either lol , so don't feel bad , enjoy your weekend .
Sandy:  If you are out and about on the Trike , take it easy .
Hello to Chrystal and Martha,
Back to top Go down
Whisper
Ruby Member
Ruby Member

UK

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   04/06/18, 08:09 am

Well that was interesting. My usual link took me to a page saying the board had expired and was pending renewal or deletion. I came a different route.

I should have kept quiet about the lovely weather. It's dreary and drizzly this morning. Oh well I need to get some housework done anyway so I'm not going out until lunch with my sister later. If I ever get dressed and get moving that is.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spring & Summer Chit Chat   

Back to top Go down

Spring & Summer Chit Chat
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 16Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Zan's Zone :: Now We're Buzzing - Members Only :: Coffee Break-
Jump to: