Autumn Chatter
A Warm Welcome

This site is - 605 Days Old
A Warm Welcome to Zan's Zone Guest
Please feel free to come and go as you please.
Please tell me if you see any mistakes in the skin so that I can fix it.
Feel free to add a link to your own board, blog or website in your signature.
The size of images added to signatures are restricted to avoid long scrolling passed them.
If you have made a post on your own board and you would like to post a link to it, Post it Here
Gab

Gab the new social media system - A cross between Facebook and Twitter.

Whatcha Up To?

My Time & Weather

Click for Bournemouth, United Kingdom Forecast

Worthwhile Charities

Share | 

Autumn Chatter

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Zandranna
Owner
Owner

Name : Sandy
UK
Kudos : 128
Mood : Sleepy
Birthday : 1st Nov

PostSubject: Autumn Chatter   01/09/18, 09:14 am

Oh Tara I'm so sorry to hear about your Mum.  I do hope she gets better soon.  I've had broken ribs and jeez they are so bloody painful.

Well, that's summer over with for another year. 

I have absolutely no news. Still waiting for a phone call to say my new glasses are ready. 

I nipped out really early this morning for a bike ride (7am).  I only did a couple of miles as I haven't been on the bike for so long.  I want to try and get out on it every day this month if I can, going further each day to build up the strength in my legs and stomach.  I'm sure just those couple of miles are going to make my legs ache tomorrow.

The optician told me not to cycle again until I have my new glasses but sod it, it's the first of the month and a good time to start cycling every day for a month me thinks.  Plus at the moment the weather is perfect for it.

At the moment I am feeling pissed off, irritable, and bored.  So much I can't do while not being able to see properly. 

Louie and I might go for a longer walk today, then it will be mostly tidying up and watching some DVDs.
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/zandranna https://gab.ai/Zandranna
Whisper
Emerald Member
Emerald Member

UK
Kudos : 46
Mood : Restless

PostSubject: Re: Autumn Chatter   01/09/18, 09:48 am

It's funny that after a cold, wet and windy week Friday was warm and sunny and today and tomorrow are supposed to be too. I'm happy to stave off Autumn for a few more days. Got visitors arriving today so I won't be around tomorrow. Going shopping later. My pet hate but my comfy winter jacket has had it's day and with that nip in the air in the mornings I can't keep putting it off. The jacket is over twenty years old and I've fixed the zip so many times it's given up the ghost. I hate new stuff but needs must. I'd have a new zip put in it rather than buy a new one but the jacket itself is starting to look a bit tired and tatty.
Back to top Go down
Geru
Sappire Member
Sappire Member

Name : Hannelore
CA
Kudos : 6

PostSubject: Re: Autumn Chatter   01/09/18, 07:46 pm

Cool morning here, only 15c , but humidity is still high  no rain , sun is hiding so far . Seems like fall has arrived with a bang ?   Hope we get some nice fall days yet .  

I don't have any news either,   live a pretty boring life I guess . Right now I am concentrating on improving my health . The last few month have been hell, with a severe flare up of arthritis ,followed by sciatica , talk about pain pain pain .Meds and I don't get along,  do to the fact that they all clash with my daily baby aspirin intake for the platelets . So it's a long story  what caused it all, you would not believe it if I told you all about it ....a real nightmare !!  Wish me luck with my health , sleep and more sleep will greatly help . 

Labour day long weekend here, hope it's a quiet one .    To celebrate , I bought some fresh flowers , and bought my first Pizza here in town . ( small pizza, thin crust , small sauce , mozerella, feta, ham and mushrooms ) could not find more then 5 little pieces of mushrooms ) $ 13.95   , just about fell over ... lol .   How come, when you ask for less, you pay more ???  It was good , the crust was perfect , but could hardly find the toppings ..... What a Face

i used to make my own, well sort of , it actually came in a box by Kraft , The dough , the sauce , the spices, the cheese all came in box, and you then add whatever you want..... I used to load  them up , and they were so good .

Hope you enjoy your planned bike rides Sandy , hats off to you for going out so early , and enjoy your walks with Louie, soon you will be able to play in the falling leave piles .

Back to top Go down
Zandranna
Owner
Owner

UK

PostSubject: Re: Autumn Chatter   02/09/18, 10:59 am

I've also got to buy a new jacket this autumn too.  Spring ones too cold and winter one too hot.  Need something inbetween.  Although I might just use my heavy woolen shawls instead.  Save a bit of cash.

Pizza is one of two actual takeaways that I enjoy.  I don't like those bought and cooked at home though.  The other is fish and chips.  Oh and I rather enjoy a chinese curry too.

I was out by 7.30am for my today's bike ride.  Boy did the saddle hurt my backside though as it's still sore from yesterday.  I did a 5 mile round trip today.  It was a lovely ride.  No traffic being Sunday, and the air was fresh and a little biting, but still only cardigan weather.  I would have loved to have stayed out longer but didn't want to push it too soon. 

The rest of the day will be another lazy one for me with just a couple of walks with Louie.

Back to top Go down
Geru
Sappire Member
Sappire Member

CA

PostSubject: Re: Autumn Chatter   02/09/18, 09:20 pm

Oh my .. out again on your bike ride by 7:30 Am ?  A five mile round trip ?  oh boy , take care , don't over do it .    True........., it would be nice and quiet being Sunday  .

Fish and chips is a nice take home dinner too , have not done that in ages , Potatoes are so high in Potassium  , but love them .  Chinese curry ? is that beef or chicken ?   Sounds good . 
I bought a fillet of beef for today, will do it up with fried onions and mushrooms  , my monthly treat . 

the day is mild , sun out , 19c  , but no rain yet , air quality has improved around here greatly .

Have a great day everyone .
Back to top Go down
Geru
Sappire Member
Sappire Member

CA

PostSubject: Re: Autumn Chatter   02/09/18, 09:37 pm

My labour day bouquet 
Back to top Go down
Whisper
Emerald Member
Emerald Member

UK

PostSubject: Re: Autumn Chatter   03/09/18, 08:03 am

Very pretty. I hope you feel better soon Geru. Sometimes it's as if all your health problems gang up on you at once.

Well done on the bike rides Sandy. You'll definitely feel those muscles protesting I bet.

I found a suitable jacket that had been reduced by 25% already and then another 25% off at the till in their sale so I was very happy with a 50% reduction. I needed one for when it's not really cold Sandy but it's hammering it down. My thick winter one is too warm. I should have said I needed an Autumn/Spring one.
Back to top Go down
Zandranna
Owner
Owner

UK

PostSubject: Re: Autumn Chatter   03/09/18, 08:45 am

That would be Chicken Geru.  I don't like beef, although I wouldn't say I never eat it as sometimes it's dished up for me so to speak.

Pretty flowers there.

Oh my! well done on the 50% reduction Wendy.

Sarah's birthday today so this morning sometime Aimee is picking me up for her and me to run into New Milton for her to do a few chores and then for me to buy Sarah a birthday cake for this evening.  I also want to pop into the pet shop over there for a couple of bits I need for Louie.  This evening is the family meal out to celebrate.

As of this moment I'm not planning on a bike ride today as didn't feel like getting up early to get out and get it over with.  Plus I am still sore from the last couple of days.

Back to top Go down
Geru
Sappire Member
Sappire Member

CA

PostSubject: Re: Autumn Chatter   03/09/18, 07:35 pm

Sunny day here, 17c , and warming to 22c  , with high air pressure , not good for the bones ....ouch .

Planning on a nice walk down to the Ocean later , maybe stop for Chicken Tai soup .

Whisper:   congrats on the price for the new Jacket  , hope you will get lots of wear out of it .

Sandy:  Sounds like you have a fun day planned today , enjoy the family meal out later on , and shopping for Louie  ,   sending birthday wishes for Sarah .....
Good you are taking a break from the bike riding for a day , or so , easy does it .

Back to top Go down
Geru
Sappire Member
Sappire Member

CA

PostSubject: Re: Autumn Chatter   04/09/18, 08:58 pm

Nice sunny day, must get out soon again . And maybe buy some organic chicken with tenders , so I can make my own chicken  coconut curry with rice , at least I know what's in it . 

Hope you enjoyed your family celebration dinner last night Sandy .
Back to top Go down
karinsuezen28
Amethyst Member
Amethyst Member

Kudos : 3

PostSubject: Re: Autumn Chatter   05/09/18, 01:25 am

so sorry guys that i've been such a no show of late, busy between teh annual fair that i go to and swimming, and that

well now that labour day has come and gone i hope that things will settle down, but then again, my town hall meetings start again, but they're mostely at night

susan 

Back to top Go down
Zandranna
Owner
Owner

UK

PostSubject: Re: Autumn Chatter   05/09/18, 07:45 am

We had a lovely evening thanks Geru. 

A couple of days ago I bought a 50ft training lead for Louie.  Yesterday I tested it out over the field opposite.  Obviously making sure there were no other dogs around.  It was nice that he was able to be more free to run around a bit further away from me.  I didn't even know until recently that they made leads that long.

I still haven't had a phone call to say my glasses are ready.  It's such a pain that I still can't stay on the web for more than a few mins at a time.  It's doing my head in.

I'm sitting here contemplating riding over to visit my Sister today.  It will depend how lazy I feel by midday.  I usually wait until just after lunch and then ring her to see if she is going to be in. 

I'm so pleased to be able to get out on the bike again now and go over on my own steam and not have to ask one of my girls to run me over there or Beverley's Ted to come and pick me up.  Although Barbara worries so much about me biking on the roads of today.

Back to top Go down
karinsuezen28
Amethyst Member
Amethyst Member

PostSubject: Re: Autumn Chatter   05/09/18, 05:12 pm

wow just 15, here today they're talking 32 maybe and they're saying about ac in the schools...

i had a catastrophe happen in my closet last night, one of the rungs, if you'd call it that decided it needed to come out of the wall, i agree with what mom says, we're going to home depot to get a bar and we can fix it, i think that will be better then what had up there, in the long run, so...

but wow, it wasn't so bad though...not going to go anywhere today i don't believe....

tomorrow is the annual corn roast at an old inn, i hope it's not too cold, it's really supposed to cool off tomorrow, oh well as long as it's not rainiing like it was last year

i sure hope you have a good time at your sister's sandy if you decide to go

susan
Back to top Go down
Geru
Sappire Member
Sappire Member

CA

PostSubject: Re: Autumn Chatter   05/09/18, 07:03 pm

don't feel like saying much right now .
Back to top Go down
Spherical
Ruby Member
Ruby Member

Name : Martha
AU
Kudos : 127
Mood : Reminiscent
Birthday : 3rd March

PostSubject: Re: Autumn Chatter   06/09/18, 12:58 am

Morning all from a wet Perth. Wet and cold here as the first week of Spring has thrown us some winter weather. Not complaining though as the rain is very welcome and our damns are nicely filled up, ready for our long hot summer season.

Sandy well done on the bike rides and fingers crossed those new glasses are ready very soon. Fresh air is always a good thing and deeper breathing while riding the bike will help too.
Catherine used such a long lead for training her dog a few years ago and it was brilliant for that.

I've been feeling really sick the last 3 days with a severe UTI. It came on very sudden and gave me very high fevers so I've been snuggling up in my recliner with a blanket and did nothing other then reading and sleeping. The antibiotics are working as I feel a lot better this morning.

Must go and get more cranberry tablets as those help so well in preventing this from happening.
I had run out of those and thought lets see how my body goes without taking them ... ha now I know Rolling Eyes

That was a great buy Wendy with 50% off! I bought a jacket in the op shop here a while ago for when it's cold and windy and have only used it ones. But for $10 only I don't care as I now have that jacket for when I want to take walks along the coast.

Geru my osteo arthritis does not like the wet and cold weather so I always do more light exercises then; otherwise I turn into a stiff Pinocchio lol. Hope you feel better today Geru.

Susan I hope you got that rod fixed in your wardrobe.

I must measure the space in my little shed today as I can have an old cupboard from people that I help. They are going to throw it out otherwise but this cupboard is solid and sturdy and has great deep shelves in it. Would be brilliant to have to store all my boxes and containers in. I still would have a tidy shed/store room then.
I've already got a cupboard in the shed for all my tools etc so just need to make sure this 1 door cupboard will fit against the wall.

Back to top Go down
http://spherical.forumotion.com http://sphericals.weebly.com https://gab.ai/SphericMartha
Zandranna
Owner
Owner

UK

PostSubject: Re: Autumn Chatter   06/09/18, 10:20 am

Sorry to hear about your closet falling apart Susan.  It's a pain when something like that happens.  I hope you enjoy the corn roast.

Bummer about the UTI Martha.  If it's not one thing it's another as we get older.  Hope it clears up very soon.  Neat about getting that cupboard though.  One can never have enough storage.

I did visit Barbara yesterday.  The ride was a 8.8 mile round trip.  It was a gorgeous day for cycling too.  It still hurts my bum and legs though to cycle, so still need to build up strength.  I've also found a nicer and quieter way to cycle over that way through back roads where there is little traffic.  It only puts an extra 5 minutes on the ride going that way which I don't mind.

What I have found though is that my battery isn't going to take me as far as it did when it was new.  Even though I haven't used it for this last couple of years it's still got old if you know what I mean.  When new it was guaranteed a round trip of 20 miles minimum.  Yesterday when I got home it was flashing a warning on the last reading which means it probably wouldn't even do a full 10 miles now.   And I was only using it on assist all the time and not purely on the throttle.  The only time I used it on throttle was pulling out of junctions.

I had to nip to the chemist early this morning for when they opened as I took my last pills yesterday.  I nipped into a second hand shop while I was out and found a lovely flowing skirt for £3.99.  I'm well pleased with that.

Back to top Go down
Whisper
Emerald Member
Emerald Member

UK

PostSubject: Re: Autumn Chatter   06/09/18, 10:29 am

Lucky find on that jacket Martha. Makes mine seem expensive now. lol My sister has the same problem  with UTIs and drinks a lot of Cranberry juice . Fingers crossed the cupboard fits. I love good storage. Old stuff is so much better too. Deeper shelves and proper drawers you can fit more than one sweater in.

My keyboard has just started doing weird things so sorting that out is next on my list. I've just taken the bedding out of the machine but it's supposed to rain so that won't be going outdoors today.My  nephew's wedding tomorrow so I better make sure my outfit doesn't need any ironing and dig out some shoes. I hate wearing shoes. I live in trainers.
Back to top Go down
karinsuezen28
Amethyst Member
Amethyst Member

PostSubject: Re: Autumn Chatter   06/09/18, 02:49 pm

thank you i hope that the wather holds up for it, i really do

susan 

because they are calling for rain later on, so figures
Back to top Go down
Geru
Sappire Member
Sappire Member

CA

PostSubject: Re: Autumn Chatter   06/09/18, 08:15 pm

Nice sunny day today , about 23c , some rain forecast for later this weekend , well lets see, we could sure use some . 
Went to visit my Naturopath Dr yesterday, she has me drinking Alo Vera Juice now , just two ounces a day, and also wants to me  buy or make bone broth , to help with the joints and inflammation . I can't handle regular drugs so need to try this . Also has me taking heavy duty probiotics  ,cut back on my sugars and carbs  , and mostly  all the sleep I can get .  Wish me luck  , i need it ..

Martha; 
 hope you feel better soon , take good care .   

Sandy: You mean you ride a battery operated bike ? Oh .... that must be less work for you right ?  I see the Pizza boys riding those, boy they go like the wind .  congrats on finding the nice skirt .

I must try and get a decent hair cut soon . I am not doing so good with letting it grow  out .
 then the Dentist appointment is next , yuk . 
Back to top Go down
karinsuezen28
Amethyst Member
Amethyst Member

PostSubject: Re: Autumn Chatter   07/09/18, 02:41 am

the corn roast went well it was kind of hot at first, but then it got cooler as teh night progresssed, but first and foremost no rain

susan
Back to top Go down
Geru
Sappire Member
Sappire Member

CA

PostSubject: Re: Autumn Chatter   07/09/18, 06:51 pm

We have smokey air this morning drifting from the north fires  down here , so far no rain .They keep forecasting it , but so far it has not arrived 

Susan:  corn roast ?  Corn does not like me to much .... lol , hope our much needed rain comes soon .
Back to top Go down
karinsuezen28
Amethyst Member
Amethyst Member

PostSubject: Re: Autumn Chatter   08/09/18, 12:55 am

Susan I hope you got that rod fixed in your wardrobe.

the rod has to go in, don't know when that's going to be.....it's the shelf that needs to go

i'll see if i can find the kind of shelf i'm talking about

but the rod should be more sturdy...and that...

susan 
Back to top Go down
karinsuezen28
Amethyst Member
Amethyst Member

PostSubject: Re: Autumn Chatter   08/09/18, 12:56 am

i hope that works, but that's the shelf that came down....all the condos came with them.....and, well they're not as good as people think that they are...

i still have a few others in my closet, and they're holding, but that one.....

susan
Back to top Go down
Whisper
Emerald Member
Emerald Member

UK

PostSubject: Re: Autumn Chatter   08/09/18, 11:26 am

I had the rod in a wardrobe at my old house collapse bringing a big chunk of wall with it. In my case it was a pesky cat that insisted on using it as a springboard to the shelf above where she liked to hang out. She did it for years but eventually the plaster on the wall gave up the ghost.

Raining here and quite chilly. I'm recovering from last night's wedding party. I'm getting too old for partying I think. lol
Back to top Go down
TaraLynn7
Amethyst Member
Amethyst Member

US
Kudos : 7
Birthday : 07/04/

PostSubject: Re: Autumn Chatter   08/09/18, 03:00 pm

Good morning,
I had a few minutes to spare thought I would say hello. 
I saw Whisper say she had a closet rod fall. We had that happen once in the middle of the night of course when else should anything fall?  
I wonder if I need a fall jacket as well.  Last year I think we went straight from summer to winter, I don't care about that happening again at all. 

Today is day 11 since Moms car wreck.  She was moved out of intensive care 2 nights ago.  She was hallucinating and yelling at my sister and me to move our chairs, press the buttons to keep the sand out of her room. I had to leave the room.  I understood the ramblings of hallucinating but the making us do this and that. So once they got her out of ICU it took about 28 hours but she was back to knowing what was going on.   They removed the intubation tube right away. Yesterday they were going to remove her oxygen tube and see how she did.    Still, have to get her swallowing right so they can remove the feeding tube out of her nose before they move her to a rehab center. But her muscles in her throat are not strong enough, so they are doing swallowing exercises with her.  I am worried Medicare is going to force her out of the hospital and then we will be forced to place a feeding tube into her tummy and I worry that won't ever come out.   The goal is to get her home even with care. But she will go to the local nursing home for a few weeks first for therapy.  
She has to wear the neck brace for her broken neck for 3 months. It's pretty uncomfortable.  She wishes at times she would just die and while that breaks my heart I get it.  She said she is tired of suffering, pain, she doesn't have a great quality of life.  We are more kind to animals if an animal was hurt that bad they put it out of its misery.  But of course, we cannot make that decision for a person. I couldn't anyway.   So we keep encouraging her and keep telling her she will be better again.  She is having flashing spasms in her head from her broken neck. I think it hurts so bad she cannot feel her ribs..she usually suffers greatly when she has a broken rib.  If she would fall she could break even more things, as she has osteoporosis so badly.  I truly do not know how she lived the first 24 hours.  But since she did I sure hope they can keep the pain under control.  She has had so many painkillers, I am not sure how she lived through that.  It kills me to see her in pain like that.  

I had to convince them that we could not take her home.  A so-called Social Worker told me she was not eligible for rehab care.  Insurance would not pay and maybe she could move in with a relative or a relative could move in with her. In the USA that was a complete lie.  After 3 days in the hospital, an elderly person is eligible for rehab or nursing home care for 100 days.  After they moved her we had a different Social Worker and she was very nice.  I was so upset. One how do you move a person with a broken neck and 2 I have a bad back, I cannot lift her.  I was so mad at that Social Worker and I did not get her name dammit.    As if we were not in enough duress...we had to be told that. 

Anyway, mother is improving, even though she doesn't think so.    We are going there today, and we have gone every day but one. We stay all day, it takes about an hour to drive to St. Louis to Barnes Hospt.   Today we are only staying for about an hour. We are going to keep our youngest granddaughter tonight as we haven't seen her for 2 weeks now.   

Raining today, last night, tomorrow...pretty cloudy her, looks like evening.  
I hope you all are doing well.

Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/Taralynn7 http://tarasbakingagain.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Autumn Chatter   

Back to top Go down

Autumn Chatter
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Zan's Zone :: Now We're Buzzing - Members Only :: Coffee Break-
Jump to: