Autumn Chatter - Page 6
A Warm Welcome

This site is - 627 Days Old
A Warm Welcome to Zan's Zone Guest
Please feel free to come and go as you please.
Please tell me if you see any mistakes in the skin so that I can fix it.
Feel free to add a link to your own board, blog or website in your signature.
The size of images added to signatures are restricted to avoid long scrolling passed them.
If you have made a post on your own board and you would like to post a link to it, Post it Here
Gab

Gab the new social media system - A cross between Facebook and Twitter.

Whatcha Up To?

My Time & Weather

Click for Bournemouth, United Kingdom Forecast

Worthwhile Charities

Share | 

Autumn Chatter

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Whisper
Ruby Member
Ruby Member

UK
Kudos : 46
Mood : Restless

PostSubject: Re: Autumn Chatter   11/10/18, 10:23 am

Hi Geru. Charlie is a godsend and she doesn't have to put up with living with him which is usually the drawback. lol Sounds like you're getting sorted indoors and out Sandy. The scooter will give you that independence back even if it is old and a bit slow. (It would match me.) Gives you a chance to save and by then you'll have more idea what you need from one. My brother didn't know there were even 6mph ones. He thought they went from the max of 4 on pavements straight to 8. If he had a 4 previously then that would explain why it struggled on hills. It could be that all 8mph ones cope fine with them.

Yesterday was a year since mum died and I got some lovely messages which of course had me in tears.  I still sometimes pick up the phone to tell her something before I remember. In some ways it seems like yesterday still.
Back to top Go down
Sally
Topaz Member
Topaz Member

US
Kudos : 12

PostSubject: Re: Autumn Chatter   11/10/18, 04:39 pm

Just stopping in to say hi
HI!
Back to top Go down
Geru
Sappire Member
Sappire Member

Name : Hannelore
CA
Kudos : 6

PostSubject: Re: Autumn Chatter   11/10/18, 06:54 pm

Hello Sally.... long time no see .... that is ...if you are the the same Sally way back on Yuku  + Pearls beautiful site .  Hope you are fine .
Back to top Go down
Sally
Topaz Member
Topaz Member

US

PostSubject: Re: Autumn Chatter   11/10/18, 09:36 pm

That's me,
Back to top Go down
Sally
Topaz Member
Topaz Member

US

PostSubject: Re: Autumn Chatter   11/10/18, 09:37 pm

My smiles don't work
Hmm
Back to top Go down
Zandranna
Owner
Owner

Name : Sandy
UK
Kudos : 131
Mood : Very Busy
Birthday : 1st Nov

PostSubject: Re: Autumn Chatter   11/10/18, 10:35 pm

Charlie is the site's carpenter and handy man Geru, along with being a happily married man.  He is paid to not only help refurbish the flats but also help out us residents as and when we need anything, as are all the other chaps working on site such as the electrician and plumber, etc.  It just so happens that all the jobs I have needed doing has required a chippy, although I have had to have Steve the plumber come in a couple of times.  The only difference with Charlie is he also comes in just for a cuppa tea and a chat if he is on this site and not just to do the odd jobs I need doing.

This afternoon Aimee and I went to the Regent Theatre to watch a live feed of a stage production from a London theatre, not sure which one, of The Importance of Being Ernest.  I had seen the play before oh so many years ago and thoroughly enjoyed it as much as the last time.  It's so hilarious.  Aimee was laughing her head off in so many places.

Jess and Adam came over this evening bringing KFC with them.  I just had some chips as I had been eating cakes so wasn't hungry.  Jess helped me sort all of my clothes down to the bare essentials.  My wardrobes are now empty and ready to be dismantled ready for when Charlie gets back from his days off next week and take them away to the dump.  No idea what day he will be free for that though.

I understand now Wendy about it being the 4mph not being great on hills and Brother swapping it in for an 8mph.

The flat is once again in a mess from this evening's sorting out but I have the whole of tomorrow to clear all that away in temporary places and the weekend to actually clean the flat, ready for a fresh start Monday.

I'm so close to the end now.

So nice to see you popping in Sally.  I hope all is well with you.

Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/zandranna https://zandranna.blogspot.com/ https://gab.ai/Zandranna
karinsuezen28
Amethyst Member
Amethyst Member

CA
Kudos : 4

PostSubject: Re: Autumn Chatter   12/10/18, 02:32 pm

good morning all

sorry that i haven't been around....real life stuff

susan
Back to top Go down
Kerri
Topaz Member
Topaz Member

Name : Kerri
Kudos : 10
Birthday : July 22

PostSubject: Re: Autumn Chatter   12/10/18, 08:09 pm

Hi everyone.

Wendy, sending warm thoughts your way
re the memory of losing your mother.

Sandy, 
You are so lucky to have Charlie
who helps the people who live there.

A sunny Autumn day. (Though chilly)
My husband and I are making a homemade soup
with carrots, zucchini squash, turnips, onions, celery, 
chicken and lots of spices.

Hope everyone has a lovely rest of the day!
Back to top Go down
Zandranna
Owner
Owner

UK

PostSubject: Re: Autumn Chatter   12/10/18, 10:42 pm

Hi Susan and Kerri.

That soup sounds wonderful Kerri, and yes I/we are lucky to have Charlie.  I don't know how I would have got anything done without him.  No job is too small for him to pop in and do.

I haven't done much today except tidied up from the mess left from sorting out last night with Jess, and I also caught up on some needed sleep this afternoon.

Really high winds all day so only popped out for a quick walk with Louie as he so hates the wind.  My plans originally for today was to test him out on the scooter.  Not that we would have gone far because of not being sure of the batteries yet, but at least I could have seen if he would behave himself on it.  Maybe tomorrow.....

Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/zandranna https://zandranna.blogspot.com/ https://gab.ai/Zandranna
Whisper
Ruby Member
Ruby Member

UK

PostSubject: Re: Autumn Chatter   13/10/18, 09:46 am

Thank-you Kerri. Smile

Awful winds and heavy rain here too. The worst was supposed to be over by last night but someone forgot to tell Mother Nature that. I have visitors arriving soon for the weekend so probably won't be around tomorrow.

Fingers crossed for tomorrow Sandy. I'm sure Louie will be fine with the scooter since he's already used to the trike.
Back to top Go down
Geru
Sappire Member
Sappire Member

CA

PostSubject: Re: Autumn Chatter   13/10/18, 08:06 pm

Sunny day here but feels chilly ... it will warm up I read .

Got to colour my hair today for sure , hate that job ... but ... lol. errand running and have  tea with a friend , if I get time  , flue shot time too, must make a note for myself,, 

Sandy:   OK , i get it now about Charlie, but it's still nice to have him there on the place .  And Aimee is a big help to you too I see .   I love seeing live plays .... I used to go all the time , have not seen that one though ..   
You are making good headways with the clearing out things , hats off to you .Good luck with that battery and taking Louie out on the scooter with you .

Sally :   hope your smile will work again for you soon Smile say hello to Pearl for me if you ever hear from her . 

Kerri:   save some of that soup for me .... lol , sounds good .

Whisper: Enjoy your visitors , and hope that wind will die down soon .

Susan:      Enjoy your REAL LIFE ....LOL , we all have one too. 

Back to top Go down
Zandranna
Owner
Owner

UK

PostSubject: Re: Autumn Chatter   14/10/18, 08:00 am

I ended up taking Louie out on the scooter for a quick ride around as the wind dropped and the sun came out for a short time yesterday afternoon.

I had him sitting on my lap but he was attached to me in the way an over the shoulder bag would be.  I had a detachable strap in my wardrobe from one of my bags that I never use on it, prefering to use the bag just as a hand bag.  So instead of having it attached to each end of a handbag, it's now attached to each side of Louie's harness.  So I am sort of wearing him like a handbag, lol.  He is perfectly safe, and can move from my lap to sit beside me with no fear of him jumping or falling off.  Not a perfect solution but will do until I can get something else sorted.

I wiped my keyboard over this morning to give it a clean and disinfect and now I have the curser involuntarily jumping all over the place along with dictionary pages popping up willy nilly.  I have no idea how to calm the whole bloody screen down.

Back to top Go down
Geru
Sappire Member
Sappire Member

CA

PostSubject: Re: Autumn Chatter   14/10/18, 08:23 pm

The sun is out ,feels a bit cool , but it's 13c rising to 17c it says , nice fall day I guess .
Got to answer a bunch of emails today , been procrastinating . Did manage to get my hair coloured yesterday , but the tea get together was delayed to another day .

Sandy: what a good idea on how to transport Louie on your scooter , need is the mother of invention they say ....hope that curser calms down for you , not fun , I have no idea how you could fix that , sorry maybe a small bit of dirt got wedged in some place and doing all this ? Examen around each key maybe .

See you later .
Back to top Go down
Whisper
Ruby Member
Ruby Member

UK

PostSubject: Re: Autumn Chatter   15/10/18, 07:44 am

Visitors have gone and the wind has died down thankfully. Just raining and a chilly 7C right now. Meant to rise to 11C later.

It's a good job you don't own a Newfoundland Sandy. lol

The cursor thing usually is a bit of dirt or even water. Is it still doing it?

I need to get moving this morning and clean upstairs. Lunch with my sister later and probably having my hair cut and coloured if she remembers the colour. If not it'll be next week.
Back to top Go down
Zandranna
Owner
Owner

UK

PostSubject: Re: Autumn Chatter   Yesterday at 03:37 am

Just pictured myself with a Newfoundland sitting on my lap as I ride along.  Terrifying image, lol.

Cursor stopped bouncing around after about an hour or so and of my switching on and off a couple of times. 

Not a lot happening for me today.  Didn't feel like doing much.  Not that there is much to do at the moment until the wardrobes are moved out.  I'm hoping Charlie will pop in sometime tomorrow so I can arrange for him to do that as soon as possible.

Back to top Go down
Whisper
Ruby Member
Ruby Member

UK

PostSubject: Re: Autumn Chatter   Yesterday at 10:18 am

I had my colour done but not the cut. The colour was already on when my sister realised she'd left her scissors at home after cutting her daughter's hair. Not a big deal since it's not covering my eyes yet. lol

Chilly and damp this morning. I'm cleaning downstairs and then going up to my brother's later. Waiting to hear when my youngest brother and his mate will be collecting two armchairs from my house and taking them to my eldest brother's house. I won't know what to do with all the space once they're gone. They were mum's and virtually new along with a very expensive recliner. He's only got room for two so I'm keeping that one. I've had an extra suite in my lounge for a year without it even looking cluttered so it's going to look quite empty for a while. He could have had them a year ago but he's only recently rearranged his furniture and got rid of a sofa. He basically lives on the ground floor of his house now apart from the bathroom. Works well after a few adaptations. Unfortunately there isn't room to add a downstairs bathroom as well as his bedroom but he prefers it to having to move to a bungalow..
Back to top Go down
Geru
Sappire Member
Sappire Member

CA

PostSubject: Re: Autumn Chatter   Yesterday at 06:15 pm

sunny and clear ,12c rising to 17c , so i nice fall day . The leaves are making a big 
mess now .  I keep seeing leaf blowers making a lot of noise blowing the leaves off the lawn on to the street ... lol, first gush of wind, and there all back on the lawns , what a waste of time . Not one thinks to get rid of them it seems, just blow them around Shocked  

Sandy: glad the Cursor settled down for you , frustrating when that happens . Hope Charlie will get your wardrobe all moved out for you , so you can go on with your plans for your place .

Whisper: nice you at least got your hair coloured , I need a hair cut too ... lol .

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Autumn Chatter   

Back to top Go down

Autumn Chatter
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Zan's Zone :: Now We're Buzzing - Members Only :: Coffee Break-
Jump to: