Autumn Chatter - Page 3
A Warm Welcome

This site is - 605 Days Old
A Warm Welcome to Zan's Zone Guest
Please feel free to come and go as you please.
Please tell me if you see any mistakes in the skin so that I can fix it.
Feel free to add a link to your own board, blog or website in your signature.
The size of images added to signatures are restricted to avoid long scrolling passed them.
If you have made a post on your own board and you would like to post a link to it, Post it Here
Gab

Gab the new social media system - A cross between Facebook and Twitter.

Whatcha Up To?

My Time & Weather

Click for Bournemouth, United Kingdom Forecast

Worthwhile Charities

Share | 

Autumn Chatter

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Zandranna
Owner
Owner

Name : Sandy
UK
Kudos : 128
Mood : Sleepy
Birthday : 1st Nov

PostSubject: Re: Autumn Chatter   14/09/18, 10:41 am

Wow!  That's good news about your Mum Tara.

Sorry you are suffering so much with the wet weather Elaine.  Once we all get passed a certain age we are all guaranteed the wet and cold to affect our poor bones more.  It's no fun.

I have to go back to the optician today as they didn't measure my eyes properly for the bifocals to be the correct height from distance seeing to reading.  I had this same problem with the last glasses I had.  I need to get them changed.  Jess is picking me up about 1pm.

Louie was very put out and a little confused yesterday evening as I wouldn't play our usual game of catch.  I had noticed that he was limping slightly so was keeping my eye on it.  He is far too young to have arthritis so I thought he might have pulled a muscle when jumping around on and off the furniture.

Trying to keep him from jumping around is very hard but not playing catch last night stopped a lot of it.  I've not noticed a limp this morning though, so perhaps I am right.  I will give it another day of no catch, hence reducing the leaping around, and watch him throughout today.

Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/zandranna https://gab.ai/Zandranna
karinsuezen28
Amethyst Member
Amethyst Member

Kudos : 3

PostSubject: Re: Autumn Chatter   14/09/18, 02:01 pm

the weather is giving me a headache at times, but i think that it's more the ac...

i don't think that the past few days the bus has had to have it on, to me if it's not warmer then 25, it shouldn't be on, and the first couple of days it's only been like 17 and cloudy, to me that's so not needed, the headcahe is a bit better today, but, now i'm going to have to in a couple of hours go into a tv studio, that i'm sure will be ac'd

and all that...

oih poor louie
Back to top Go down
Geru
Sappire Member
Sappire Member

Name : Hannelore
CA
Kudos : 6

PostSubject: Re: Autumn Chatter   14/09/18, 08:43 pm

Cloudy day here,  but not raining ,  need to do some house work and laundry today , then get back in to my medical books on arthritis etc etc .  My whole family is in to medical books of some sort, and other interesting things of one sort or another.  

Sandy:  hope you have good luck with the glasses this time . Hope Louie's limp does not turn out to be arthritis .

My sister will email me today , on some interesting subject ,  can't wait.... lol 

Have an old retired Clergy friend coming to town, we might have  a great old chat  while enjoying lunch or dinner , not sure yet . 

As i went to the store yesterday , i noticed 3 people in the store  wearing face masks . Gosh .... is there a bad virus going around  I asked one person  ?  Apparently it's not that..........., people have allergies to the pot fumes and the vapor fumes  (they are toxic ), and just think, this will get worse .  I noticed no one smoking in the store itself , but oh boy , there was staff working there , that just reeked of it , very offensive , and foul oder about them . affraid  going to avoid that store as much as possible   Nothing personal to anyone here  !!

Have a lovely day ladies    .  flower
Back to top Go down
karinsuezen28
Amethyst Member
Amethyst Member

PostSubject: Re: Autumn Chatter   14/09/18, 10:20 pm

it was hot and humid out today......

i didn't get alot of stuff, from the show, but what i didn't want was two sets of false eyelashes

it was a thing about the tricks that the tiff people use to make themselves look good, that's toronto international film festival.....

what i would have liked, would have been the bronzer that they put on your neck and shoulders, instead, of two sets of false eyelashes

i got some lip gloss, and eyeliner, that i dont' wear either, lol

susan 

well i do the lip gloss, but not the eyeliner...where's the blush, and that, and the eyeshadow, and that
Back to top Go down
karinsuezen28
Amethyst Member
Amethyst Member

PostSubject: Re: Autumn Chatter   15/09/18, 01:57 am

i had my tiny toms again, they're baby doughnuts, i can only get them at festivals alike the ex, and the ukie festival, which i didn't go to last year because well i was in quebec city then, so....i think they have an actual store, but, well, i don't live near it, so, that's why i just have tiny toms two times a year
Back to top Go down
Zandranna
Owner
Owner

UK

PostSubject: Re: Autumn Chatter   15/09/18, 08:32 am

I could never apply eye lashes.  Several times when young I tried and tried, but they would end up all over the place.  I very seldom wear makeup now though since retiring and not having to go to work any more.   

Pot fumes?  Are you talking about marijuana Geru?  If so how are people coming to work smelling of it?  That's awful.  If I were their employer I wouldn't be very happy about that.  It would be like having an alcoholic working for you and coming to work stinking of stale booze.  Wow!

I hope you had a fun visit from your clergy friend. 

Louie doesn't seem to be limping anymore, or he didn't seem to be yesterday, so it must have been that he pulled a muscle or knocked his hip or something when jumping around the furniture.  He isn't up yet this morning to double check, but I'm sure he is ok now.

I took my glasses in for an upgrade and asked them to put a rush on them if they possibly could.  It cost an extra £105 which is money that I can't really afford and certainly hate paying out, but hopefully it will be worth it.  As my Jess said,  "It's your eyes Nan, and eyes are so important".

Although it's still early, it's looks like a very nice day out there.  Bright sunshine with just a little autumn chill.  Still not coat weather.

Since last week I have decided that Saturdays will be my thorough cleaning down day.  I hate Saturdays for some reason, so it will keep me occupied.  A thorough cleaning down day will mean just pottering days, housework wise, the rest of the week.

Back to top Go down
Whisper
Emerald Member
Emerald Member

UK
Kudos : 46
Mood : Restless

PostSubject: Re: Autumn Chatter   15/09/18, 11:46 am

That's expensive Sandy but Jess is right. Better broke than damaging your eyes. Fingers crossed Louie just strained a muscle clowning around and won't require any treatment.

I've never worn make up or false anything. As a teenager I refused because most of it was tested on animals back then and I never could justify touching the stuff. Later I was simply too lazy to bother.

I spread my cleaning over Monday and Tuesday. One up and one down. Apart from that I just clean as I go.

Send some of your sunshine please. It's been raining off and on for days here.
Back to top Go down
Elaine
Emerald Member
Emerald Member

Name : NutBar
CA
Kudos : 41
Mood : Introspective
Birthday : October 1

PostSubject: Re: Autumn Chatter   15/09/18, 08:10 pm

Happy weekend everyone
This day has started out nicely. We drove to Metrotown our local shopping metropolis, where I met up with a seller from FaceBook Marketplace. She gave me a very good deal on never used cards and the book that goes with them which looks like it had never been opened. It's a $50 set that she was selling for $15. If I decide to, I can sell for a profit.
We also went to Dollorama and bought a couple items. It was nice to be in the mall so early before it gets jam-packed.
I still need to get out to Bulk Barn for some raw walnuts, cashews and almond butter. 
After that, I have a date with my TV and bed  tongue. I have a horror movie picked out called Hereditary (2018) 
Sandy, I hope Louie is ok. It's so hard when a beloved pet is suffering in any way.
I used to wear makeup every day but have never tried false eyelashes.
I agree that the smell of pot is really gross. I have a bag of weed that someone gave me 5 years ago. Every once in a while when I am having anxiety from the pain I will put a tiny bit in my pipe. Enough for 2 tokes and that usually is more than enough for me. I have friends that smoke it all day long every day. Really, I don't know how they function! And ya, they stink LOL but I love them anyway  Laughing
♥️Enjoy the weekend everyone!♥️
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/@togonit http://canadianforumchat.freeforums.net/
Geru
Sappire Member
Sappire Member

CA

PostSubject: Re: Autumn Chatter   15/09/18, 08:20 pm

Rainy day here, not heavy, but will be the same tomorrow it reads .

My sisters email was very informative and interesting , think she will visit our province this summer , but talk is cheap they say .... lol .

My Clergy friends visit wont' happened till next week one day , he has to many relatives in town he must visit first , we might get together with one of this brothers too he says . So we will see , his brother is a retired lawyer . Hope I am not going to be bored to death with all that men talk and football season ,yuk ............. lol .

False eyelashes ? OMG , you can have them put on not far from me .  No , I never did bother with those either, to much trouble ,  Bronze for your neck and shoulders ?   I have read about total body tan spray jobs ,* only in the Movies *..... lol , I say that all the time when watching unbelievable things happening in Movies ... lol  I thought Film Festivals are about the the Films guess they will try anything now days to sell stuff ... lol .

And yes i am talking Marijuana  Sandy. The 3 people with masks on all seemed to belong to the same family I think , they acted that way.  And .... you are right , what is wrong with the Manager ?  Bet he was not even there this day  , I have noticed the smell before , and came out of there with a huge headache , wonder if the manager was off that day too?  
Yes you meet lots customers in stores that are either drunk or stoned , but mostly those are way down town in the middle of things .

Glad Louie is Ok Sandy, he is part of our family here don't forget ......how old is he anyways ? Dogs do get arthritis I believe . Playing lazy this morning is he ?  Happy cleaning day Sandy, Saturday sounds like a good day for it . Hope the extra expense on the glasses will be worth it .

Whisper;  sending some sunshine your way sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny ( but got none to send right now .. lol ) 

Elaine:  Just noticed your post , nice to hear from you . and glad you got to the mall before it got crowded .

Bulk barn visit ?   Full of nuts I see..... lol  I am looking for walnuts around here, can't find any , everything else but ......
A date with your bed and a horror movie ?   Shocked    Laughing enjoy !!.
Back to top Go down
Whisper
Emerald Member
Emerald Member

UK

PostSubject: Re: Autumn Chatter   16/09/18, 10:01 am

Thanks for the thought at least Geru. lol More rain here but I'm not going out so I'm not too bothered.

Walnuts have been scarce here for quite a while now. I think it started when the drought in California got so bad that some growers actually dug up the trees and grew other crops because walnut trees require huge amounts of water. After that most were kept for the home market and not many were exported. That's my understanding of it but I could be way off. I often am. lol

Smoking pot at work? Wow! Not even allowed to smoke tobacco at work here.
Back to top Go down
Zandranna
Owner
Owner

UK

PostSubject: Re: Autumn Chatter   16/09/18, 04:19 pm

Louie is perfectly fine now.  I believe it probably was just a pulled muscle.  He has his 5th birthday next month Geru.  Still a very young dog.

I think our weather is a lot milder down here Wendy because the Isle of Wight protects us from the worst of it.

It's been a lazy day for me.  Apart from Louie and I having a couple of walks it's been lolling on the sofa watching DVDs.

Back to top Go down
Geru
Sappire Member
Sappire Member

CA

PostSubject: Re: Autumn Chatter   16/09/18, 08:09 pm

elephant
 Just a hello to Sandy, Whisper, Martha, Tara, Elaine, and little Louie .
Back to top Go down
Whisper
Emerald Member
Emerald Member

UK

PostSubject: Re: Autumn Chatter   17/09/18, 07:59 am

Hello back. Smile

Hard to believe Louie is almost five Sandy. Doesn't seem long since he was just a pup. It's supposed to leap to 20C here today but no sunshine. I'll believe it when I feel it. Damp, chilly and miserable at the moment.

I need to force myself to clean upstairs this morning. Lunch with my sister and niece at our friend's place later. One of the reasons I clean on Mondays. I know I have to get on with it whereas if I wasn't going out I'd be stalling all day. I hate cleaning.
Back to top Go down
Geru
Sappire Member
Sappire Member

CA

PostSubject: Re: Autumn Chatter   18/09/18, 02:23 am

Have  a great day folks, it was Dr appointment time for me today  , not feeling so good ,  then shopping for groceries . Big hug for Louie . flower

Otherwise lots of paperwork to do , see you all later .
Back to top Go down
Zandranna
Owner
Owner

UK

PostSubject: Re: Autumn Chatter   18/09/18, 10:41 am

Yup,  These last years with Louie have flown by.

We have winds and a very grey sky down here as I type this.  Bound to rain shortly me thinks.

For me it's not that I hate housework, it's more like I really can't be bothered half the time.  When one only has oneself to clean up after, there isn't a lot to do so it's easy to keep putting it off until the next day.

These last few days have been so lacking interest and very same ole same ole, that it's hard to think of any news to write.   So basically today's post from me is really just a "I was 'ere".

Back to top Go down
Geru
Sappire Member
Sappire Member

CA

PostSubject: Re: Autumn Chatter   18/09/18, 07:45 pm

11:46:2311:46:25
Nice sunny day so far ,  14c rising to 18c , 
Well, I will join your club Sandy , housework ... who loves it , just one of those things one has to do .
 I best not linger , better get doing something instead of sitting here .  I always get side tracked , not hard around here I tell you .

Hello to Sandy, Whisper, Martha, Tara, Elaine and Louie I love you
Back to top Go down
Geru
Sappire Member
Sappire Member

CA

PostSubject: Re: Autumn Chatter   19/09/18, 07:42 pm

Sunny day so far , have things to get done ,   Not sure how much longer I will be around on these boards and groups here, I get the hives , I smell  that Limburger cheese  , it was left sitting in the sun sunny ,and the flies got at it , yuk .  lol these darn flies got wings and get around  and they lay eggs all over the place , barf barf .   

I borrowed your wise owl just for today Sandy, did not download it .  

Back to top Go down
karinsuezen28
Amethyst Member
Amethyst Member

PostSubject: Re: Autumn Chatter   20/09/18, 02:40 pm

good morning all

autumn arrives on saturday well by the calander, anyway and already it's starting to get cold

susan
Back to top Go down
Geru
Sappire Member
Sappire Member

CA

PostSubject: Re: Autumn Chatter   21/09/18, 12:23 am

Good night folks 
Back to top Go down
Elaine
Emerald Member
Emerald Member

Name : NutBar
CA
Kudos : 41
Mood : Introspective
Birthday : October 1

PostSubject: Re: Autumn Chatter   21/09/18, 04:57 am

Geru, 
I used to get really bad hives. Then I realized it was an emotional sort of problem. Then I found out that food additives such as MSG and Nitrates and metabisulfite and sulphate attack a human's nervous system. I started reading labels on food and stopped eating anything with chemicals. I've barely ever had hives since then. When I do get them, I only get 3 or 4. I used to get them so bad that they would grow into each other until my entire body was swollen so bad that even laying down was painful. I'm so glad I found out that the food additives were the main problem. When I get hives now, I can trace it back to just plain emotional upset or nervousness. And they are nowhere near like they once were.
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/@togonit http://canadianforumchat.freeforums.net/
Geru
Sappire Member
Sappire Member

CA

PostSubject: Re: Autumn Chatter   21/09/18, 08:20 pm

Back to top Go down
Zandranna
Owner
Owner

UK

PostSubject: Re: Autumn Chatter   23/09/18, 07:01 am

I'm pleased you have found a way to control the hives Elaine.

I once again have been keeping away from the web for a few days, as it's still badly affecting my eyes/head.

I had to put my new glasses back in for the upgrade and wont get them back until the middle of the week or even more towards the end.  Even then I'm not sure they will fix my problems.  We shall have to see.

Not a lot happening in my life at the moment.  Same ole, same ole.  I might have to come on here just to write a load of nonsense for a while until life picks up for me again.

I read somewhere that we are in for a really harsh winter this year.  But not taking much notice of that until or if it happens.  I've never yet know the long term weather forecasts to be right in this country.  At the moment we seem to be getting it rather wet.  Louie once again is refusing to put his nose out of the door.

Haven't heard from Sarah or Jess all week, but did have a text argument with Aimee, which lasted a few mins, until we both appologised and it was all over.  Apart from that it's been pretty quiet for me.

Back to top Go down
Whisper
Emerald Member
Emerald Member

UK

PostSubject: Re: Autumn Chatter   23/09/18, 11:05 am

Pretty quiet for me too. I was expecting visitors for the weekend but my daughter's partner suddenly got a date for an operation he'd been waiting a while for. All went well and they let him home but he has to lie down for a few days so no travelling.

The weather has been wet, windy and quite chilly all week but the sun is out this morning. Still nippy but the wind has dropped and it's dry so far. They forecast yesterday would be the better of the two days so they're not very accurate on short term forecasts let alone long term ones.

I think I'll just chill out and catch up on shows while I have the chance. I'm all caught up on the old Dr Who episodes I was watching before the new doctor appears next month. The cat is resting her head on my hand trying to stop me typing.
Back to top Go down
Beckea
Topaz Member
Topaz Member

Name : Becky
US
Kudos : 10
Mood : *Cold*
Birthday : December 14th

PostSubject: Re: Autumn Chatter   Yesterday at 01:34 am

Hello Sandy and all of you,

It has been awhile since I visited but lost the link, got busy with summer activities, and now found it again. Just by searching Google. Anyway just wanted to say hello. I am heading off for the night.

Visit me at Internet Cafe  
Back to top Go down
http://internetcafe.boards.net
Zandranna
Owner
Owner

UK

PostSubject: Re: Autumn Chatter   Yesterday at 09:12 am

Hiya Becky.  Nice to see you pop in again.  I hope you and your's are good.

I'm pleased your Daughter's partner has now had his op over and done with Wendy.  Waiting for ops in this country can be a bloody long wait.

I haven't watched Dr Who for many years.  Probably have missed loads of series.  I didn't even know they were getting a new Doctor.  Although I vaguely remember some sort of discussion on Twitter ages ago where people were complaining the next Doctor could be a woman.

I have to make an early trip to the chemist this morning to put my monthly repeat script in manually.  I don't let them do it automatically anymore as they have forgotten to do it once too often now.  They are bloody useless.  But as it's the only chemist for a handful of miles I have no option but to use them.

I was going to also get a bit of shopping while out but need too much to carry back so have also just finished putting in an order on line for delivery this evening.

Same here with the weather.  Getting very chilly now but at least the sun is shining today and it's dry out there.

They rang me yesterday to say my glasses are ready again.  Unfortunately I can't get there with Jess until Thursday to pick them up.  She is working during the days until then.  Apart from having time to take me to hospital between shifts on Tuesday.  That girl is an angel with the amount of running around she does with me.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Autumn Chatter   

Back to top Go down

Autumn Chatter
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Zan's Zone :: Now We're Buzzing - Members Only :: Coffee Break-
Jump to: