Winter Chat - Page 6
A Warm Welcome

This site is - 1045 Days Old
A Warm Welcome to Zan's Zone Guest
Please feel free to come and go as you please.
Please tell me if you see any mistakes in the skin so that I can fix it.
Feel free to add a link to your own board, blog or website in your signature.
The size of images added to signatures are restricted to avoid long scrolling passed them.
If you have made a post on your own board and you would like to post a link to it, Post it Here
Introduction
Brexit in.......
Whatcha Doin’ Now
My Time & Weather

Click for Bournemouth, United Kingdom Forecast

Winter Chat

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Zandranna
Owner
Owner
Zandranna

Name : Sandy
UK
Kudos : 140
Mood : All good my end.
Birthday : 1st Nov

Winter Chat - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Chat   Winter Chat - Page 6 Icon_minitime17/01/19, 07:50 am

We don't see the heart in our own posts Geru as we can't vote for ourselves. If you look back at your post now you will see a green strip where the heart would be which shows you have now been given a kudos from me on that post.

I stuck a larger banner in there Martha for this board and also added my blog. I did click to send all an email yesterday telling of the changes but I don't think the system over there actually sent out the group mail as I clicked to receive one myself and never got it.

You really are having a rough time of it at the moment matie. I do feel for you having gone through all that anxiety myself.

Hobbies take up a lot of money. I'm just pleased I've found things to occupy me and take my mind off things that are only costing me pennies from 2nd hand shops. It doesn't help that you are also phyisically impared at the moment either.

I have to make the trip to the chemist today and as I can't hear any rain out there at the moment. (it's still dark outside as I write this) I might also wander in the 2nd hand shops as well as I will already be up there.

Winter Chat - Page 6 Weight
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/zandranna https://whistle-n-scoot.blogspot.com/ https://gab.ai/Zandranna
Whisper
Ruby Member
Ruby Member
Whisper

UK
Kudos : 51
Mood : Restless

PostSubject: Re: Winter Chat   Winter Chat - Page 6 Icon_minitime17/01/19, 10:45 am

Thanks everyone. Yeah still not feeling great but taking it easy as much as possible. It's a bright, sunny morning this morning. Just below freezing but meant to get up to about 4C later. It's chilly but so much pleasanter than that dreary wind and rain.

The cat was after strokes Geru. She only tolerates such things when she feels like it though. I think all cats are spoiled and demanding creatures. lol

I hope the counseling continues to help Martha. Definitely worth persevering with if you're seeing some benefit.

Sandy I hope you've got brighter weather today like us since you have to nip out.

I'm rolling my eyes in despair at the farce we call our Parliament.
Back to top Go down
Geru
Emerald Member
Emerald Member
Geru

Name : Hannelore
CA
Kudos : 9
Birthday : february 12th

PostSubject: Re: Winter Chat   Winter Chat - Page 6 Icon_minitime17/01/19, 07:08 pm

not so nice today,7c , and lightly raining , sunny breaks now and then . Rain for most of the day it says .

Several things on my agenda , laundry , mending and other mundane housework . I did get my bedroom window cleaned yesterday, as well as two hutch mirrors, a never ending job . I aim for the patio door windows today if I get the urge . 

Sandy: thanks for the Kudo , now I know what that is all about , yes I see a green stripe . Have fun looking for bargains to work with at that second hand shop , great to be handy  like you are . 

Wendy:  Hope you are coming along as far as your health is concerned , take good care.  And yup , cats are the masters of their owners they say .

Martha:  hope the counseling does the trick for you , hang in there.  And yes, I love to watch those renovation shows too... all you need is money .... lol .

Winter Chat - Page 6 Peacoc12

flower
Back to top Go down
Kerri
Sappire Member
Sappire Member
Kerri

Name : Kerri
Kudos : 12
Birthday : July 22

PostSubject: Re: Winter Chat   Winter Chat - Page 6 Icon_minitime17/01/19, 10:32 pm

Hi everyone.

Sending positive thoughts everyone's way.

I stopped and visited my husband after work at the TCU.
He is doing much better and is supposed to come home
in the next few days. 
At the TCU, they will arrange wheelchair transport for him.
I will just bring home all of his clothes, the sugar free snacks
and veggies and fruits I brought for him to stock
his shelves with in his room.
I will load up his dressings and supplies, the small things
from home that he wanted there, and his laptop.

The weather is supposed to dive to very cold temperatures
this weekend, beginning tomorrow morning.
We've had very little snow this Winter, but are supposed
to get an inch on Monday.
It's usually very snowy here in January.
It just keeps missing us and heading out east.

Sending out hugs to everyone!
Kerri
Back to top Go down
Zandranna
Owner
Owner
Zandranna

UK

PostSubject: Re: Winter Chat   Winter Chat - Page 6 Icon_minitime18/01/19, 09:32 am

We had a nice sunny day yesterday Wendy so my trip to the top of the road wasn't at all unpleasant.  I also managed to get a nice cream, almost new sheet for £2 in a charity shop.  So was worth the trip.

Martha put on my Facebook page a video of this young woman that makes her's and her daughter's clothes out of 2nd hand clothes.  My goodness that young woman is clever.  I could never do as good a job as she is doint.  Her clothes when finished are beautiful.  I wish I had her talent.

As for our politics and parliament.  I've given up worrying.  What will be will be.  I have a strong feeling we will leave the EU with no deal and afterwards to save the conservative party May will be forced to resign and they will choose a new leader.  It will be the only way to stop a forced general election.  If May doesn't step down then the conservatives will be done for and a general election will be held and Labour will get the majority, which doesn't bear thinking about.

I see our pound has gone up since May's deal was voted out Tuesday, bringing us one step nearer to a no deal and WTO.  Which shows the rest of the world is hoping we come out with no deal.  Only 70 more days to go.

Good news your Hubby is doing better Kerri.  I bet he can't wait to get home.

They warned us our weather was going to get much colder from yesterday onwards for a while, but it seems to me that if anything the temp is a couple of degs higher.  Well, down south here anyway.

I still can't motivate myself.  That skirt stilll needs the waistband putting on and I have been meaning to cut out a pattern for a bib apron for two days and still haven't even taken the table cloth off the table ready to use the table for that.  Maybe today I will give myself a kick up the backside and do that.  I'm not promising myself though.

Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/zandranna https://whistle-n-scoot.blogspot.com/ https://gab.ai/Zandranna
Whisper
Ruby Member
Ruby Member
Whisper

UK

PostSubject: Re: Winter Chat   Winter Chat - Page 6 Icon_minitime19/01/19, 11:44 am

That was a great bargain Sandy. Glad the trip was worth it.

Our temperature has dropped significantly. Between 1 and 3C mostly. Thick cloud too so quite depressing. I seem to have managed to develop pleurisy which is quite painful so I'm feeling a bit grumpy and unsociable.

Fingers crossed your hubby is allowed home soon Kerri.
Back to top Go down
Geru
Emerald Member
Emerald Member
Geru

CA

PostSubject: Re: Winter Chat   Winter Chat - Page 6 Icon_minitime19/01/19, 07:24 pm

Quick drop in , been doing everything from soup to nuts , been busy with house chores , but still need to to the Patio windows

Weather is so so , 9c , some sun now and then , no rain today so it says .

Kerri:  glad your husband is feeling better , and that he can come home , all the best to both of you . 

Sandy: great bargain with that cream sheet at the charity shop , what will you do with it ? And don't worry, one of these days you will find time for the waist band on the skirt .  Politics are bad all over the world I see , I don't bother to get involved , they all promise us the sun and the moon , and can't deliver .... lol But ... nice to be informed like you Sandy .

Wendy:  Oh dear , hope you feel better soon , pleurisy is nothing to sneeze at , take good care now , sending hugs .

Winter Chat - Page 6 Gm11

flower
Back to top Go down
Zandranna
Owner
Owner
Zandranna

UK

PostSubject: Re: Winter Chat   Winter Chat - Page 6 Icon_minitime20/01/19, 11:19 am

I've just got back from nipping to the top of the road just to get some milk and I thought my head was going to explode with the biting cold. I totally forgot to put something on my head. The wind although not at all strong was icy.

I did manage to force myself to do some sewing yesterday and actually enjoyed it once I had made a start. My problem is the initial forcing myself off the chair.

I plan to cut Louie's nails today. Neither of us enjoy that job. I have to do it really quick before he gets fed up and starts wriggling.

A machine load of washing to do, and that's my total plans for today.

Back to top Go down
Geru
Emerald Member
Emerald Member
Geru

CA

PostSubject: Re: Winter Chat   Winter Chat - Page 6 Icon_minitime20/01/19, 07:32 pm

Quick drop in, weather is not bad , 5c, dry today , sun out now and then .

Nothing much new, except the usual,    * extra , extra,  !! read all about it *  

Sandy: good luck with the Nail cutting on Louie .... lol 
Winter Chat - Page 6 Good_m12

flower
Back to top Go down
Geru
Emerald Member
Emerald Member
Geru

CA

PostSubject: Re: Winter Chat   Winter Chat - Page 6 Icon_minitime22/01/19, 01:11 am

Hello out there  in no mans land ... lol ,anyone home ?  

Weather not to bad , some sun, some clouds , dry and cool . 

Would like to say a  lot, but have been intimidated , so have a great day everyone .
Winter Chat - Page 6 Good_n10

flower
Back to top Go down
Zandranna
Owner
Owner
Zandranna

UK

PostSubject: Re: Winter Chat   Winter Chat - Page 6 Icon_minitime22/01/19, 12:45 pm

Had two trips out today. Once to go to the chemist to pick up my pills, then back and had a cup of tea with Margaret and then out again to take Louie to have his claws clipped.

I tried to cut them myself the other day but it was too much trouble to stop the bugger wriggling.

It was very cold out there even though the sun was shining.

I have no other plans for today so it will be another bum around day. I can't wait for the weather to get warmer so that Louie and I can get out and about more and further.

Back to top Go down
karinsuezen28
Topaz Member
Topaz Member
karinsuezen28

CA
Kudos : 6

PostSubject: Re: Winter Chat   Winter Chat - Page 6 Icon_minitime22/01/19, 02:25 pm

i was supposed to go shopping, but not too sure now, the weather is supposed to be warmer, but it's snowing, so we'll have to wait and see

susan 

good morning all

from a snowy canada
Back to top Go down
Geru
Emerald Member
Emerald Member
Geru

CA

PostSubject: Re: Winter Chat   Winter Chat - Page 6 Icon_minitime22/01/19, 08:00 pm

Weather is cool 7c , no snow thank God , but lots of rain forecast for today .
Slept in today ,now it's hurry up .... lol .
Several jobs to do , but don't think will get them all done today .

Was watching some dogs getting groomed a couple of weeks ago, in one of those shops , quite the operation , good luck with Louie's nails , what colour is the manicure going to be ... lol  , don't laugh , some french poodles have this done ....  black  fur , red bow and nails ... lol . Hope the weather gets warmer for you soon Sandy .

Winter Chat - Page 6 Good_m13

flower
Back to top Go down
Zandranna
Owner
Owner
Zandranna

UK

PostSubject: Re: Winter Chat   Winter Chat - Page 6 Icon_minitime23/01/19, 09:01 am

I know you are only joking, but funnily enough when I asked Jess a few days ago if she had time this week to take me to get Louie's claws clipped Sarah, who works at the Vet's asked me how much they charged just out of interest. I told her £15 for both claws and anal glands. Jess came back with 'I charge £15 for Gel. "No darling" I said "He needs his nails clipped not painted", lol "but after they are clipped you can come and paint them for him". We were of course joking.

I've woken up to a beautiful frosty world. Yes, it looks beautiful but one has to suffer the cold with the beauty unfortunately. Plus there is a red sky out there, which means that it's not going to be a nice day.

I have a long list of things to do today but I'm not going to list them here as it's too long. I'm going to get stuck in the moment I have sent this.

Back to top Go down
Geru
Emerald Member
Emerald Member
Geru

CA

PostSubject: Re: Winter Chat   Winter Chat - Page 6 Icon_minitime23/01/19, 06:44 pm

Nice sunny day here so far , bit cool 7c , but dry .

Sandy; yup , red sky  in the mornings is a good forecast for something not wanted ... lol , and yes frosty ice patterns are pretty , but to darn cold ..brrrr ,

And talking about gel nails .... oh boy , I love them , had them , and they looked so nice , but no thank you ,never again , they totally wrecked my own nails , had an infection twice ....all about vanity .... lol those machines they use make mess of your own nails .  I just have to remember to use gloves ,then my own nails starts growing and looking decent

Ok ,lets see what I  can get done today .  Starting with my Internet provider , grrrrrrrrrrrrr!!! 
Winter Chat - Page 6 Good_m13

flower
Back to top Go down
Kerri
Sappire Member
Sappire Member
Kerri

PostSubject: Re: Winter Chat   Winter Chat - Page 6 Icon_minitime23/01/19, 09:15 pm

Hi everyone.

My husband is home and I took a vacation day from work
to take him to some appointments today.

Last week the Cub Foods store had whole pineapples
on sale for 99 cents. I bought two of them.
I had some fresh pineapple with yogurt for breakfast
and I can't believe how sweet and juicy it tasted.
I wonder how they have pineapples on sale
for 99 cents in January. 

We have about an 1 1/2 inches of snow now.
It is warmish today but going to get very cold on Friday.

Hello to Sandy, Wendy, Geru, Martha, Elaine and Susan.
Back to top Go down
Zandranna
Owner
Owner
Zandranna

UK

PostSubject: Re: Winter Chat   Winter Chat - Page 6 Icon_minitime24/01/19, 01:13 pm

Wow! Regarding your gel nails. I'm sure that must be rare as Jess has many repeat customers for them and never one complaint. Not a good experience for you.

Good that your hubby is now home Tara.

I haven't had fresh pineapple for many years, but that's mostly because I honestly don't like the fresh stuff but love the tinned pineapple.

I managed to get all of my list of things done yesterday including extras and am now halfway through my today's list. I'm just having a rest and a cup of tea before I do more.

Back to top Go down
Geru
Emerald Member
Emerald Member
Geru

CA

PostSubject: Re: Winter Chat   Winter Chat - Page 6 Icon_minitime24/01/19, 07:40 pm

Overcast  here so far , 7c, dry .

Sure liking this shorter hair cut I got now , don't do much to it , just rub in some gel and fluff it up later, away we go .... makes my face look thinner, but can't have it all .I used a coconut oil treatment yesterday , good for making hair shiny 

Yup , those gel nails , most likely Jess takes her time and does not tear the cuticle , and is careful not to sand the nail bed down to much . Those machines they use in the shops do a fast job alright , but oh boy ., fungus infections are easy to get for me . And yes, they look so good , love them .

Kerri:  good that your husband is home again now , wishing him the best .
And I love fresh pineapple , a bit of work  , but so tasty I find ....99c ? wow !! 

Hope the weather is kind to everyone .

Winter Chat - Page 6 Bird-p11

flower
Back to top Go down
Whisper
Ruby Member
Ruby Member
Whisper

UK

PostSubject: Re: Winter Chat   Winter Chat - Page 6 Icon_minitime25/01/19, 08:32 am

Hi guys. I've been very sick in bed for a few days and then up for a couple of days so haven't been on the computer. Just started to feel like I might be back in the land of the living. A long way to go to full recovery but getting there thankfully. Had a nasty infection that's also resulted in pleurisy. Ouch! My sister and daughter have been great helping out and I'm having three more days of complete rest hoping that by Monday I'll be able to start the week feeling close to normal.

I've read all your posts and I'm really happy your husband is home now Kerri.
Back to top Go down
Kerri
Sappire Member
Sappire Member
Kerri

PostSubject: Re: Winter Chat   Winter Chat - Page 6 Icon_minitime25/01/19, 09:57 am

Hi everyone.

Oh my goodness, Wendy. 
Sounds like you caught a terrible bug.
Thank goodness you have your sister and daughter
to help until you feel better.
Hope you can get lots of rest and feel better soon.
Thank you for the kind thoughts re my husband.

Geru, 
I had my hair cut shorter, too.
I have not tried coconut oil.
I've used hair products with Moroccan oil.
I have thick hair with an annoying natural wave.
So I always need good conditioner.

Sandy, 
It is satisfying getting through our lists
of things that need doing!

Today it is -9F/-23C
I took a vacation day from work.
I went and bought groceries yesterday
and decided I was not going out at all today.

Hope everyone has a lovely rest of the day!
Back to top Go down
Geru
Emerald Member
Emerald Member
Geru

CA

PostSubject: Re: Winter Chat   Winter Chat - Page 6 Icon_minitime25/01/19, 07:41 pm

Weather is good, 6c, some sun , some clouds , dry .

income tax is rolling around soon ,must get ready , gather my medical expenses , do some adding up . Not sure if I got enough this year .

Wendy: oh boy, take it easy , you caught  a bad bug , rest up good . I love you

Sandy:sounds like you have been busy , and did well to get it all done .

Kerri: -23c is mighty mighty cold , stay under the covers .... lol 
Have not heard of Moroccan oil . I was not impressed with that coconut oil treatment , but then ... I have fine hair  , and it takes a bit to keep it looking good .
one thing though, having a short hair cut , I now have to get it cut often ... grrrrr 

Have a great day everyone .

Winter Chat - Page 6 Lady_b10

flower
Back to top Go down
Zandranna
Owner
Owner
Zandranna

UK

PostSubject: Re: Winter Chat   Winter Chat - Page 6 Icon_minitime26/01/19, 09:40 am

Yeah, short hair it great for washing and drying.

Jess loves doing nails and takes a great pride in doing them perfect.  I'm so pleased that she is able to do something for a job that she has loved doing since a very small child.

Wendy I'm so sorry to hear that you are suffering so.  I hope a weekend of rest sees you doing much better.  (((hugs))) matie.

I had my groceries delivered again this week.  I suppose if I had a car I would more than likely physically shop.  But boy is it so much easier, especially in the winter to have it all brought to your door.

Oh I just love that Lady Bird Geru.

I'm still sitting in my nightie and it's already almost 10am.  But then it is Saturday and I have no plans so no hurry to get organised.  Mind you, it's sods law that someone will knock at the door before I am fit for visitors.

Back to top Go down
Whisper
Ruby Member
Ruby Member
Whisper

UK

PostSubject: Re: Winter Chat   Winter Chat - Page 6 Icon_minitime26/01/19, 10:08 am

lol I was thinking the same thing Sandy. I've just showered but I'm sitting here wrapped up in my fleecy dressing gown having a coffee. I'll work up the energy to get dressed soon I expect. I think the infection has more or less gone but it's left me struggling to do much without a rest and the pain from the pleurisy is definitely not funny. Slowly on the mend though I hope and I have today and tomorrow to take it easy still.

I have short, very fine hair Geru but fortunately my sister cuts mine for me so it's no hassle. I just use shampoo and conditioner. I tend to find all the wonder treatments just make it feel like it's been coated with something icky.
Back to top Go down
Zandranna
Owner
Owner
Zandranna

UK

PostSubject: Re: Winter Chat   Winter Chat - Page 6 Icon_minitime27/01/19, 10:59 am

Good to hear you are on the mend Wendy.  Don't start doing too much too soon when you feel fit enough.

I actually ended up being quite busy yesterday.  Which I need really, because I weighed myself for the first time in a while and I seem to be putting on weight fast.  It's not too bad at the moment but I want to stop it creeping up anymore.  Maybe drop by about 7lbs.

I will potter today and hope to get enough exercise by doing that.

Back to top Go down
Geru
Emerald Member
Emerald Member
Geru

CA

PostSubject: Re: Winter Chat   Winter Chat - Page 6 Icon_minitime27/01/19, 07:48 pm

Weather is overcast ,dry , 5c  .rain maybe coming later .

Heard from my sister yesterday, she has given me some good ideas about what i can can do  about a certain  existing situation in my life , think i will look in to it .
My old retired lawyer friend is back in town visiting , this time he came alone , we might have some visiting time to spend at the  museum, looking forward to it .

Wendy:  take care now ,don't rush it . Housecoats are my favourite thing ... lol , love them .

Sandy: gaining weight ?  wish that was my problem , I am loosing .

See you later folks Winter Chat - Page 6 00114

flower
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Winter Chat   Winter Chat - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Winter Chat
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Zan's Zone :: Now We're Buzzing :: Coffee Break-