Winter Chat - Page 7
A Warm Welcome

This site is - 1043 Days Old
A Warm Welcome to Zan's Zone Guest
Please feel free to come and go as you please.
Please tell me if you see any mistakes in the skin so that I can fix it.
Feel free to add a link to your own board, blog or website in your signature.
The size of images added to signatures are restricted to avoid long scrolling passed them.
If you have made a post on your own board and you would like to post a link to it, Post it Here
Introduction
Brexit in.......
Whatcha Doin’ Now
My Time & Weather

Click for Bournemouth, United Kingdom Forecast

Winter Chat

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Geru
Emerald Member
Emerald Member
Geru

Name : Hannelore
CA
Kudos : 9
Birthday : february 12th

Winter Chat - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Chat   Winter Chat - Page 7 Icon_minitime29/01/19, 06:01 pm

Where is everybody ? hug

flower
Back to top Go down
Kerri
Sappire Member
Sappire Member
Kerri

Name : Kerri
Kudos : 12
Birthday : July 22

PostSubject: Re: Winter Chat   Winter Chat - Page 7 Icon_minitime29/01/19, 08:24 pm

Hi everyone. 

It is about -9F today and sunny.
Very cold and very sunny.
I took a vacation day from work so as not to have to deal 
with the cold.

Geru, 
No, If I had very fine hair, I would not use any kind of oil
or thick conditioner.
It would just weigh the hair down.

I hope everyone is feeling better!

I was helping my husband make homemade chili today.
He is such a perfectionist when he makes it.
He didn't want me to cut the onions
as I don't dice them small enough. haha!
And it is true. I always cut them in larger pieces.
His chili is delicious. So I will gladly let him
have the onion cutting duties. 

Hope everyone has a lovely rest of the day!
Back to top Go down
Spherical
Side Kick
Side Kick
Spherical

Name : Martha
AU
Kudos : 129
Mood : Recovering & Relaxing
Birthday : 3rd March

PostSubject: Re: Winter Chat   Winter Chat - Page 7 Icon_minitime30/01/19, 12:05 am

Good morning Smile I've heaps more sleep/rest and the usual physio and exercises to do. I'm lucky Debbie next door can drive so she has been going with me to the beach and we have been swimming within the shark net enclosure. So nice to swim in the ocean. Salt water is good for the skin too and of course doing my shoulder exercises in water is much easier.

Wendy that pleurisy is a royal pain and drains your body completely. I used to get that in winter. Glad to hear you're on the mend now. (((hugs))) Take it easy though and rest some more as it's so easy to creep back up on ya again.

Sandy nice to read you got most of your list done. Smile My list is still there and nothing has been done lol. I guess this years lesson for me is "how to have more patience" hahaha.

Geru you must be one of the lucky ones, weather wise, as I see on the news here that that cold front hitting the mid west is a shocker!

Kerri how nice to hear your husband is home now. Hope all is going well for you both as it's not easy having to juggle between work and taking care of him. (((hugs)))

Back to top Go down
http://spherical.forumotion.com http://sphericals.weebly.com https://gab.ai/SphericMartha
Kerri
Sappire Member
Sappire Member
Kerri

PostSubject: Re: Winter Chat   Winter Chat - Page 7 Icon_minitime30/01/19, 03:14 am

Martha, 

How wonderful that Debbie is helping you
get to the beach so you can swim in the ocean.
The world is full of people who do small
kindnesses every day.
They just don't make the news very often. 

Hugs back to you.
I would love to go for a swim in the ocean
right about now, with our terrible weather.
Can you send some of that Australian heat this way?

Take care.
Back to top Go down
Whisper
Ruby Member
Ruby Member
Whisper

UK
Kudos : 51
Mood : Restless

PostSubject: Re: Winter Chat   Winter Chat - Page 7 Icon_minitime30/01/19, 09:50 am

Me too please. It's -4C and we have quite a bit of snow. I had the pup for half a day yesterday and then my sister took him off my hands for the afternoon and took all four for a long walk with some help from her partner until her daughter picked him up at 3pm. Just those few hours exhausted me. He's a sweetheart but I'm still tiring very easily.

The pleurisy is lingering and I have a bad earache and swollen glands but the infection seems to have been vanquished so hopefully it's just a case of more rest now.

I'd happily relinquish onion chopping duty too Kerri. lol
Back to top Go down
Kerri
Sappire Member
Sappire Member
Kerri

PostSubject: Re: Winter Chat   Winter Chat - Page 7 Icon_minitime30/01/19, 03:03 pm

Hi everyone.

Wendy, hope you get some relief from that pleurisy soon.
Do you usually get snow in the Winter where you live?

Yes, the midwest is in an incredible blast of cold.
Many businesses are closed today. (The worst day)
The Postal delivery has been cancelled in 10 states
here in the United States.
I'm not going out today.

We are making homemade soup with carrots,
onions, celery, potatoes, spices and some chicken.
And we still have left-over homemade chili
from yesterday.
I'll do some laundry and reading
and remain warm inside. Smile 

Hope everyone has a lovely rest of the day!
Back to top Go down
Geru
Emerald Member
Emerald Member
Geru

CA

PostSubject: Re: Winter Chat   Winter Chat - Page 7 Icon_minitime30/01/19, 06:50 pm

Sun is out right now , but Clouds appear now and then , 4c , so yes  ,this is cool for us, but we are the lucky ones right now .  The east is frozen over , brrrrrrr , think Niagara falls is frozen  . My siblings all live out East,and some of them have not left the house in days .

Kerri:  how nice of your husband to make the chilli, and of course those Onions ... lol , they make me cry ...lol  Home made soup is sure good on a cold winters day . I made some Beef stew in the Oven , carrots , potatoes , turnips , bit of celery and spices  and beef of course ,turned out great .  Going to try Cabbage rolls  soon . Enjoy your day off , and keep warm .

Martha:  wow ,swimming in the Ocean sounds great , but Shark enclosure ??? lol, hope that enclosure wire is strong .............!!!  I did not know that salt water is good for the skin ?   Hope you will soon be back to your old self again . Take good care .

Wendy:   Sounds like that illness is hanging on , infection is gone , that's good , but do rest , relapses  come easy  when you wear your self out.   in my working days , this went on all the time .

hello to Sandy, Elaine , Tara ,Winter Chat - Page 7 Hello_12

flower
Back to top Go down
Zandranna
Owner
Owner
Zandranna

Name : Sandy
UK
Kudos : 140
Mood : All good my end.
Birthday : 1st Nov

PostSubject: Re: Winter Chat   Winter Chat - Page 7 Icon_minitime31/01/19, 08:11 am

I saw the photos of you on the beach on Facebook Martha.  I'm so envious of the weather you have at this moment.  It's so blasted cold here.  I got up this morning again to thick frost.

Pleurisy takes a heck of a time to get over Wendy.  Stay warm and resting matie.

Home made soup sounds wonderful Kerri and Geru.  I was only thinking the other day that I should make more use out of my crock pot and make soup.

I've tried to keep myself busy indoors all week.  Not a bad thing really because I've got a lot done, including clearing out one cupboard I have been putting off doing for months.   I found more stuff that needed throwing out.

I've got Sarah's chap Martyns birthday coming up this month and can't for the life of me think of a gift for him.  I must spend some time today looking around the web for ideas.  It's so hard buying for grown men.

Winter Chat - Page 7 Weight
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/zandranna https://whistle-n-scoot.blogspot.com/ https://gab.ai/Zandranna
Whisper
Ruby Member
Ruby Member
Whisper

UK

PostSubject: Re: Winter Chat   Winter Chat - Page 7 Icon_minitime31/01/19, 10:28 am

Ditto on the present. My daughter's partner's birthday is 17th Feb and I haven't even given it a thought yet. Trouble is he has enough money that if he wants something he just goes and buys it. Nice position to be in but not helpful when it comes to ideas.

Kerri that soup sounds delicious especially when it's so cold. We used to get a lot more snow than we have in recent years. We barely get a few inches these days. I've been watching that polar vortex and thanking my lucky stars it's only a few degrees below freezing here.

I've got the pup again today and he's been a ball of energy as usual but amazingly he's just come and settled down on my feet and nodded off. I might actually get some catching up online done as long as I don't move my feet. lol
Back to top Go down
Geru
Emerald Member
Emerald Member
Geru

CA

PostSubject: Re: Winter Chat   Winter Chat - Page 7 Icon_minitime31/01/19, 08:13 pm

We are overcast,not raining yet, but it's coming later today it says. Sure glad I live out west here as far as the weather goes anyways .
It's 8c, so not to bad, one can always put on some rain gear and get out in it, but when that wind gets going too, then I am not fussy on getting out there.

Whisper:  that little pup full of energy must be fun to play with , but it's more like baby sitting .... lol ,keeping you hopping , Having a rest at your feet.... wow,  you got a break and enjoy the computer ..... ! Take care now .

Sandy:  Sounds like you have been busy , you are involved with so many things, and you must get bored even coming here  I bet .  I agree on the gift buying for grown men.  I never know what to buy my son , so I give hin cash or gift certificates,then he can get what he wants and saves me a  headache .

Have a great day every one.
Winter Chat - Page 7 255fgo11

flower
Back to top Go down
Whisper
Ruby Member
Ruby Member
Whisper

UK

PostSubject: Re: Winter Chat   Winter Chat - Page 7 Icon_minitime01/02/19, 10:31 am

He certainly does that. He's at home with his mum today. I was going to go grocery shopping this morning but the car wouldn't start. I was going to jump start it but it's buried in snow and the snow is still coming down so I thought blow that. I'm still not fully recovered so it can wait. My daughter and her partner are coming up this evening and staying all weekend so one of them will get it started and take it for a decent run for me. I wasn't surprised it was dead since I haven't been anywhere for over two weeks and the weather has been very cold.

They'd have gone and got my shopping for me too but I'm picky so I've ordered it online to be delivered tomorrow. Only cost £3 and I'd nearly spend that on petrol going. Well worth it for the convenience.

I doubt I'll be around now until Monday so have a good weekend everyone.
Back to top Go down
Zandranna
Owner
Owner
Zandranna

UK

PostSubject: Re: Winter Chat   Winter Chat - Page 7 Icon_minitime02/02/19, 02:03 pm

We had one day of snow which did settle but after another day is all gone.  Still very cold though.

I too need to do another order on line today.  I've just got back from a trip to the top of the road as I forgot to get any butter yesterday and used the last of it this morning on my toast.  I also used the last of my favourite lime marmalade so had to get another jar of that too.

Not only have I still not thought of what to get Martyn, I have just remembered it's my Sister's birthday on Tuesday.  I must post a card to her tomorrow and then will take her a pressie over next time I'm going.

After I post this I'm going to cut out some material to make a half apron as I have nothing else to do today.

Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/zandranna https://whistle-n-scoot.blogspot.com/ https://gab.ai/Zandranna
Geru
Emerald Member
Emerald Member
Geru

CA

PostSubject: Re: Winter Chat   Winter Chat - Page 7 Icon_minitime02/02/19, 09:28 pm

Overcast and not to warm here 6c, and snow is forecast  , so you guys are not alone , brrrr.

The squirrels are chasing up and down the pine tree again today, with bulging cheeks , wonder what's in there ,.... it's up and down, up and down , funny to watch .

Must get get some paper work done this weekend . budget to make out , check book to balance 
and emails to answer . My half brothers birthday next week ,so must find a card to send off, might even phone him .

Wendy:  Enjoy your company this weekend , and hope you get that car out of the deep freeze .Keep warm, and don't work to hard .

Sandy:   Have fun making that half apron  ,and hope you are able to find the right presents for everyone . Take care  ,be careful on that scooter if there is snow . 

Winter Chat - Page 7 Goodmo12

flower
Back to top Go down
Whisper
Ruby Member
Ruby Member
Whisper

UK

PostSubject: Re: Winter Chat   Winter Chat - Page 7 Icon_minitime04/02/19, 10:29 am

Bit of a disaster car wise. It was dead which wasn't a huge problem but on Sat when we took it for a long run to charge it we discovered the thermostat isn't opening fully. Annoying but Matt was going to change it. Then on a hunch I checked the oil and coolant and found they'd mixed slightly. Conclusion is a cracked head gasket. No way I'm spending that kind of money on my old heap.

Matt has taken it down their place and is going to replace the thermostat and try some stuff that's supposed to be effective at sealing the gasket 99% of the time. He'll change all the fluids and run it around for a few days and see if it's successful. Knowing my luck I'll be the 1% though. lol If it works I may get another year or two out of the car. It's that or scrap it so it's worth a try.

In the meantime he's left me his car in case of an emergency. No way would I dare drive it though. It's a very expensive 4x4 with every gadget known to man in it.
Back to top Go down
Geru
Emerald Member
Emerald Member
Geru

CA

PostSubject: Re: Winter Chat   Winter Chat - Page 7 Icon_minitime04/02/19, 08:31 pm

Brrrrrrrr , baby it's cold out there ... -3c going down to -4c later it says . Light dusting of snow on the roofs around here, so we got lucky there ,no shovelling so far . Do not like the cold .
I have a cold sore ,and some bad toothaches , think it's the gums or the nerves that are inflamed, must have a bug , there are plenty of them going around . I have a Dentist appointment a bit down the road, but think it might be sooner if this keeps up .
Wendy:  that is a sad car happening. affraid Yup , cars don't like the cold either ,hope he can get it going again for you  , but if not .... well , you might have to invest in a newer one , take the bus or walk.  Don't blame you for not wanting to drive his fancy car with all the new gadgets in it ,  you are not used to using them , to scary , one might wreck something ... lol  ( at least that is how I would feel ) lol 
Anyhow...best of luck with the car , and hope your feeling better ,
Winter Chat - Page 7 Cupid10

flower
Back to top Go down
Kerri
Sappire Member
Sappire Member
Kerri

PostSubject: Re: Winter Chat   Winter Chat - Page 7 Icon_minitime04/02/19, 08:38 pm

Hi everyone.

Oh Wendy, so sorry about your car.
I hate it when I have issues with my car.
Repairs are so expensive.

Our granddaughters spent the night Saturday night.
Sunday after breakfast, they did science experiments
with some science kits we bought them.
Lots of baking soda and vinegar and little volcanic explosions.

Sunday it was warm and there was a light mist falling in the afternoon.
Then it got cold overnight, so this morning
all the streets were icy!

Hope everyone has a lovely rest of the day.
Back to top Go down
Kerri
Sappire Member
Sappire Member
Kerri

PostSubject: Re: Winter Chat   Winter Chat - Page 7 Icon_minitime04/02/19, 08:52 pm

Geru, 

Tooth aches are no fun. Ouch!
I carry the virus for cold sores.
My doctor says the virus hides in the glands by my neck
and they come out to play on my lip when I am
stressed out or have an infection or my immune system
is fighting something.

Hope you can get some relief from your dentist!

take care,
Kerri
Back to top Go down
Whisper
Ruby Member
Ruby Member
Whisper

UK

PostSubject: Re: Winter Chat   Winter Chat - Page 7 Icon_minitime05/02/19, 09:32 am

My daughter carries that herpes virus too. She doesn't get cold sores very often now but when one does flare up it can be big and difficult to get rid of.

If the car has had it Geru I won't be replacing it. I don't have that kind of money unfortunately. I use it so little now that the expense of running one is getting harder to justify anyway. It's more the convenience than any real need for a car. I've left it to fate. If it can be fixed I'll keep it a while longer and pay out insurance and tax etc. but if it's had its day I'll only be a bit disappointed not heartbroken.

It sounds like your granddaughters always have great fun with you Kerri.
Back to top Go down
Geru
Emerald Member
Emerald Member
Geru

CA

PostSubject: Re: Winter Chat   Winter Chat - Page 7 Icon_minitime05/02/19, 07:26 pm

It has warmed up a bit  only -1c , but going down again tomorrow it says , sun is out right now., but around here you never know , things change fast, think living by the ocean has something to do with it .

Kerri: yup ,I did feel a twinge on my neck gland and then the cold sore started acting up,using some stuff to cure it i hope.  I am chewing on my other side now,and eating soft foods, my toothache  is not there right now ,think I was right ,its the gums or the nerves that are inflamed,but  I will see how it goes . I am also brushing my teeth with strong saltwater
PS>  I agree with Wendy ,your Grandchildren must like coming to your house, you have fun with them .

Wendy:I gave my car to my son to sell, as my special fund I had ran dry .and keeping it up just cost to much . I spent a fortune keeping it in shape,  I do miss it,    paper towel pkg. kleenex pkg . are a pain to stuff in to my little cart . but I mange .and live close  to everything
thank goodness.  

hello to Sandy, Tara,Elaine and others I have missed
Winter Chat - Page 7 40384b10

flower
Back to top Go down
Spherical
Side Kick
Side Kick
Spherical

Name : Martha
AU
Kudos : 129
Mood : Recovering & Relaxing
Birthday : 3rd March

PostSubject: Re: Winter Chat   Winter Chat - Page 7 Icon_minitime05/02/19, 10:21 pm

Fingers crossed your car can be fixed by Matt without the hefty price tag Wendy.

Kerri and Geru be safe and warm over there. Saw on the news about the arctic cold and it looked terrifying!

I guess compared to the US it looks/feels ok over for you Sandy and Wendy.

We're in for a week of hot weather so I'm up early to let in some cool-ish, fresh air and get things done before it gets too hot. I've got physio therapy this morning and need to pay a few bills but after that I'll be sitting in my recliner and chill out.
Gardening is all done and the bins are out and the house is clean.

Geru I should call it a shark net, which is used to enclose a big area to keep the sharks out and yes it's strong and made of metal with floating drums attached so we can see where it starts/stops.

Back to top Go down
http://spherical.forumotion.com http://sphericals.weebly.com https://gab.ai/SphericMartha
Zandranna
Owner
Owner
Zandranna

UK

PostSubject: Re: Winter Chat   Winter Chat - Page 7 Icon_minitime05/02/19, 10:36 pm

A real bugger about your car Wendy.  Jessie's chap Adam has had massive problems with his car.  It's only 4 years old and needs £1000 of work doing to get it back on the road.  I have no idea what can possibly be wrong with it as however much they explain it all to me the inner workings of a car go right over my head.

Sorry to hear you are having pain with your teeth Geru.  No fun at all.

Nice to hear you are having fun with the grandkids though Kerri.

I hope you are feeling a lot better Martha matie.  I so envy you that lovely sunny weather though.  The lowest I have seen the temp here so far was -7C very early one morning when I got up.  Been wet today.

I've spent today chatting to and helping Margaret out as she is laid up with a very bad back and also done a bit of reading.  Apart from that I've been pretty lazy and haven't a clue where the day went.

Back to top Go down
Whisper
Ruby Member
Ruby Member
Whisper

UK

PostSubject: Re: Winter Chat   Winter Chat - Page 7 Icon_minitime06/02/19, 09:18 am

I'm catching up on a few chores today while the pup isn't here. Much easier without his "help" I must say.

That was about our lowest too Sandy. Yesterday started off frosty but by early afternoon it was windy with torrential downpours. I'd rather have the cold and calm even though I hate being cold.

Glad to hear you're getting some rest Martha although it sounds like you've been doing quite a lot around the house and garden in between resting. Good luck with the physio.

My daughter uses Zovirax ointment Geru. It's expensive (at least it is here) but quite effective.

Matt spoke to the people he's bought parts off for decades. He says if something is useless they've always told him not to bother. They swear by this steel sealant though and reckon it would be a permanent repair not a short term thing. Makes me a little more optimistic about saving the car without going bankrupt. It also makes me realize how much dealers rip us off. The last cracked head gasket I had cost just under £1000 to have repaired. Fingers crossed this works for closer to £150 including a new thermostat and flushing and replacing the oil and coolant. I'll know on Saturday if they arrive in my car rather than my daughter's. lol
Back to top Go down
Zandranna
Owner
Owner
Zandranna

UK

PostSubject: Re: Winter Chat   Winter Chat - Page 7 Icon_minitime06/02/19, 10:08 am

I have my fingers crossed for you Wendy that you can get your car sorted and keep going for a while yet, without totally breaking the bank.

As you can see by my weather app in the sidebar we are almost into the 50s down here today.  Although I doubt we will actually make the 50F.  But once it hits the 50s, why, that's virtually spring here in the UK, lol.  But then we still have our February snow to come yet.

I remember chatting with Martha one time on Whatsapp.  By coincidence it was 54F for both of us at the time.  She was sitting wrapped up and shivering in her autumn, and I had not long been out wearing just a cardigan in our spring.

It's definitely going to rain today, so I am going to jump in the shower now and then play at some sewing.  I have two things to finish that I have been putting off.

Back to top Go down
Louie
Forumember
Forumember
Louie

Name : Fabulous Forbes
UK
Kudos : 2
Mood : It's a Dog Life
Birthday : 18th Oct 2013

PostSubject: Re: Winter Chat   Winter Chat - Page 7 Icon_minitime08/02/19, 08:54 am

I spent virtually the whole day yesterday laying in bed.  

I got up about 7:30am to have my daily treat.  Well, it's sort of a treat but it's really a tasty stick of chewy that cleans my teeth, then went back to bed.

I did spend a short time looking out of the window.  I think every time I look out of the window Mum thinks I want to go out but I don't.  I just like looking at what's going on out there.  So as soon as I saw my Mum putting her shoes on I knew she was going to drag me out in the cold and wet again so I quickly darted back into bed.  Thank goodness she changed her mind and left me sleeping.

A couple of times during the day I had to bark from my side of the door when I heard the new dog from upstairs passing by.  There is no way he or she is going to think that this block belongs to him/her.

I spent the evening playing with my toys with Mum throwing them for me and some of the time cuddling up to her.  But it really irritates me when I want a cuddle and she keeps getting up and down.

I also seem to be getting less treats now.  I keep asking for them but Mum ignores me.  I wish Sarah would stop telling Mum I'm putting on weight.

Another lazy day for me I think.

Winter Chat - Page 7 Cat-ca10
Back to top Go down
http://fabulousforbes.weebly.com/
Whisper
Ruby Member
Ruby Member
Whisper

UK

PostSubject: Re: Winter Chat   Winter Chat - Page 7 Icon_minitime08/02/19, 09:12 am

lol! Awww poor little Louie. I'm sure that fidgety woman is starving you. I couldn't agree more about going out though. It's pouring with rain here and getting very windy. I hate the strong winds. I've ordered my grocery  shopping online again to be delivered this evening as I haven't got my car back yet. I'm going to hibernate indoors and be very lazy since I haven't got my puppy friend here today. Just as well. I had him for 9 hours yesterday and I'm worn out. I wish I had a fraction of his energy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Winter Chat   Winter Chat - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Winter Chat
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 7 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Zan's Zone :: Now We're Buzzing :: Coffee Break-
Jump to: