Get on the Pavement! - Friday, January 18, 2019
A Warm Welcome

This site is - 935 Days Old
A Warm Welcome to Zan's Zone Guest
Please feel free to come and go as you please.
Please tell me if you see any mistakes in the skin so that I can fix it.
Feel free to add a link to your own board, blog or website in your signature.
The size of images added to signatures are restricted to avoid long scrolling passed them.
If you have made a post on your own board and you would like to post a link to it, Post it Here
Introduction
Brexit in.......
Whatcha Doin’ Now
My Time & Weather

Click for Bournemouth, United Kingdom Forecast

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zandranna
Owner
Owner
Zandranna

Name : Sandy
UK
Kudos : 140
Mood : All good my end.
Birthday : 1st Nov

Get on the Pavement! - Friday, January 18, 2019 Empty
PostSubject: Get on the Pavement! - Friday, January 18, 2019   Get on the Pavement! - Friday, January 18, 2019 Icon_minitime07/02/19, 02:14 pm

I had my first "Get on the Pavement" bellowed at me yesterday when riding to the local shops to carry back shopping and to give the scooter an airing after being unused since the cold weather has set in.

Seemingly this shout out is not uncommon to receive as a mobility scooter user when using the road.  I had been warned, by two separate scooter users in my actual block that this happens a lot and to be prepared for it.

Funnily enough it wasn't from a driver I received it, but from a man walking with his wife on the pavement beside me.  It's amazing how many people in this country are ignorant of the basic rules of our roads.

Although it's not a legal requirement, my two neighbours warned me that I am less likely to get shouted at when out and about if I put my registration number on the back of my scooter, which is a way of informing the ignorant that the scooter is a road legal vehicle just as bicycles are.

My friend Margaret came back from an outing on her scooter one day very shaken.  It seems that she was very badly verbally abused by a driver in the car park of our local supermarket and agressively told that it was illegal to ride her scooter through the car park and should stay on the pavement.   She has now spent out the cash to have her number plate put on the back of her scooter.

I have been waiting for the DVLA to send my registration number after a mix up with the paperwork at their office over a non existant VIN number.  I have now recently received it along with a letter telling me that it's not a legal requirement to show it on the scooter but where and how to get a number plate made up if I wish to do so.  I may or may not bother to get one made up.  There is certainly no hurry for it anyway, and I'm not sure I am prepared to fork out the money it will cost to have one made up simply to satisfy the rude and ignorant.

Am I being bloody minded?  Probably.  But it will be interesting to find out just how common it is to get abused when going legally about one's business.

Get on the Pavement! - Friday, January 18, 2019 Weight
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/zandranna https://whistle-n-scoot.blogspot.com/ https://gab.ai/Zandranna

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Zan's Zone :: Blogging It :: Whistle 'n' Scoot-
Jump to: