Parking Made so Easy - Saturday, February 2, 2019
A Warm Welcome

This site is - 784 Days Old
A Warm Welcome to Zan's Zone Guest
Please feel free to come and go as you please.
Please tell me if you see any mistakes in the skin so that I can fix it.
Feel free to add a link to your own board, blog or website in your signature.
The size of images added to signatures are restricted to avoid long scrolling passed them.
If you have made a post on your own board and you would like to post a link to it, Post it Here
Introduction
Brexit in.......
Think About It
Man wants to live for eternity - but wants to do so without God. Pharmacy, cloning and soon artificial intelligence - Where will it end?
My Time & Weather

Click for Bournemouth, United Kingdom Forecast

Share | 

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zandranna
Owner
Owner
Zandranna

Name : Sandy
UK
Kudos : 135
Mood : ALMOST COMPLETELY BETTER
Birthday : 1st Nov

PostSubject: Parking Made so Easy - Saturday, February 2, 2019   07/02/19, 02:19 pm

One brilliant difference I am finding between riding a tricycle and riding a mobility scooter is the parking.

When shopping with my trike I had to seek out the nearest bike parking then bend down, which was difficult with arthritic hips, and use two chains to secure my trike to the bike station.  From there of course it was a walk to the shops and lug back heavy shopping to the trike.

On top of this here in the UK we are pretty backwards in catering for cyclists so it's not easy to find secure bike stations, and when you do the chances are there are only two or three spots for a bike which aren't always free.

The other problem I had was because I rode a tricycle I had to always chain it up on the end of the bike parking spaces because it was too wide to get inbetween the posts to parking it in a centre spot. Unlike the continent we don't cater for anything other than your ordinary, everyday, two wheeled bikes.  Which meant that if someone else had parked their cycle on the end there was no where for me to chain my tricycle.

Many bicyclists simply push their bikes along the pavement and then leave their bikes outside of any shop they might want to pop into.  However with my tricycle being so large and very awkward to push this was something I couldn't do and it's illegal to ride a bike on the pavement in pedestrianised areas.  So this choice wasn't available for me.

This problem of not being able to push my trike in pedestrianised areas wasn't just a problem when shopping.  It was also a great problem when out and about because we have the odd area, such as along specific areas of beach front, where for a short distance we are told to "Get off Your Bike" or "No Cycling".

For instance, during the 3 summer months of the year a part of our beach front is off limits for cycling a short distance of it.  Along this part of the beach is a cafe that I often frequent. The beach front path is the only access to this beach cafe.  Of course during the off limits for cycling months I was unable to trike along there for my usual visit.

The annoying part of this is that the beach front path is very wide and could easily accommodate a marked off part of it for cycling with a cycling speed limit.

Another area that I had to actually disobey the order to not cycle was an up and over a duel carriage way for pedestrians, along with it being the continuation of the cycle path, to safely cross this busy road.  There was absolutely no way that I could push my trike up very steep and long ramps, so I simply ignored the "Cyclists Get off and Push" and rode my trike up and over.  Expecting at any time to be shouted at by pedestrians for cycling there.

Now however, I am finding it absolutely brilliant that I can ride my mobility scooter legally along the pavement and stop outside any shop, simply take the key out, and leave it sitting there until I return.

No more worrying that I wont find a bike space free, no more fuffing about with bike chains and best of all, no more lugging heavy shopping back to the trike.

I haven't had my mobility scooter long enough yet to appreciate using it in the summer months, but I'm looking forward to being able to visit that little beach front cafe along with actually being able to ride the full distance of the beach front the whole year from now on, along with many other areas not being out of bounds for me.

To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible.”
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/zandranna https://whistle-n-scoot.blogspot.com/ https://gab.ai/Zandranna
Whisper
Ruby Member
Ruby Member
Whisper

UK
Kudos : 50
Mood : Restless

PostSubject: Re: Parking Made so Easy - Saturday, February 2, 2019   08/02/19, 09:05 am

Sounds like it's already making life a lot easier for you Sandy and in Summer it will be even nicer to get out and about on knowing you can go virtually anywhere you like.
Back to top Go down
Zandranna
Owner
Owner
Zandranna

Name : Sandy
UK
Kudos : 135
Mood : ALMOST COMPLETELY BETTER
Birthday : 1st Nov

PostSubject: Re: Parking Made so Easy - Saturday, February 2, 2019   08/02/19, 09:59 am

Yeah, there are pros and cons regarding having to ride a scooter instead of the trike. 

As I am so very sad about having to give up my trike I'm looking for all the good things about riding a mobility scooter instead.  And there definitely are good things.

To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible.”
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/zandranna https://whistle-n-scoot.blogspot.com/ https://gab.ai/Zandranna
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Parking Made so Easy - Saturday, February 2, 2019   

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Zan's Zone :: Blogging It :: Whistle 'n' Scoot-
Jump to: