It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 5
A Warm Welcome

This site is - 967 Days Old
A Warm Welcome to Zan's Zone Guest
Please feel free to come and go as you please.
Please tell me if you see any mistakes in the skin so that I can fix it.
Feel free to add a link to your own board, blog or website in your signature.
The size of images added to signatures are restricted to avoid long scrolling passed them.
If you have made a post on your own board and you would like to post a link to it, Post it Here
Introduction
Brexit in.......
Whatcha Doin’ Now
My Time & Weather

Click for Bournemouth, United Kingdom Forecast

It's Spring Chit Chat

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Zandranna
Owner
Owner
Zandranna

Name : Sandy
UK
Kudos : 140
Mood : All good my end.
Birthday : 1st Nov

It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's Spring Chit Chat   It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 5 Icon_minitime11/05/19, 01:09 pm

Well, Mavis had a try out of the scooter and she loves it.  I've put it in an empty bay for her and she just now has to ring the office on Monday to ask for that bay as her own.  She is giving me £50 for it to go towards the £80 I had to pay out for two new tyres for my new scooter. I got the scooter for free so I'm well pleased with the £50.  I'm sorting out the log book and instruction manual for her later.

Just taken Louie out on the field and down to the beach again with Freddie, that little Yorkie.  He was very good, and even better than yesterday.  I'm still not letting Louie off the extension lead yet though, just in case.  We are giving it a couple or more goes out before I do that.  Freddie is loving playing with Louie and Louie is getting much needed running around.  Hopefully this will all help him lose weight.

I still haven't been able to weigh him as I changed the battery to a new one and the scales are actually broken.  Now need to buy a new set.

No rain here today.  It's a beautiful sunny day.  Wind is still a bit nippy but comfortable.  Your rain will probably make it's way down here overnight.

It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 5 Weight
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/zandranna https://whistle-n-scoot.blogspot.com/ https://gab.ai/Zandranna
Whisper
Ruby Member
Ruby Member
Whisper

UK
Kudos : 51
Mood : Restless

PostSubject: Re: It's Spring Chit Chat   It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 5 Icon_minitime12/05/19, 11:04 am

Well today is 15C and sunny so I'll send that. Supposed to be up to 18C tomorrow. I've got jeans and sweatshirts drying outdoors so I'm happy about that.

Sounds like a good deal for both of you on that scooter. My kitchen clock has conked. I hadn't realized how much I use the seconds hand on it until now. I must get a new one. It doesn't owe me anything. I bought it on Amazon three years ago for £1.99 with free shipping. lol
Back to top Go down
Zandranna
Owner
Owner
Zandranna

UK

PostSubject: Re: It's Spring Chit Chat   It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 5 Icon_minitime13/05/19, 09:33 am

Wow!  I'd buy that clock again if I was you.

I had a lovely afternoon yesterday at the food fayre. Originally it was only meant to be with Jess and Adam but Sarah and Martyn came along too.

It was a lovely sunny day, and the whole of the town was packed.  All through the high street, into the, Priory grounds and then along to the quay.  Masses of stalls, Beer and food tents, as well as a fair ground of rides for the kids. At the end of it all we had (according to my fitbit) walked over 2.7 miles around and through it.

I've just taken my usual pills for the day, on my second cup of tea, so should now get dressed for the day.

Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/zandranna https://whistle-n-scoot.blogspot.com/ https://gab.ai/Zandranna
Kerri
Topaz Member
Topaz Member
Kerri

Name : Kerri
Kudos : 12
Birthday : July 22

PostSubject: Re: It's Spring Chit Chat   It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 5 Icon_minitime14/05/19, 01:30 am

Hi everyone.

Wendy, sorry your clock died.
But sounds like you got a lot of use out of it.
I love a good bargain!

Sandy, 
The food fayre sounds like a lot of fun.
They are nice when the weather is good.
I hit the fairs and festivals here early,
before the crowds get too thick.
I don't like crowds.

The squirrels are being very irritating
and digging in my and
my granddaughter, Anna's flower pots.

My Spring allergies are acting up.
But I don't care.
It's good to enjoy the sunshine, 
warm weather and things coming to life.

Have a lovely rest of the day!
Back to top Go down
Whisper
Ruby Member
Ruby Member
Whisper

UK

PostSubject: Re: It's Spring Chit Chat   It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 5 Icon_minitime14/05/19, 07:45 am

It was a good deal. If I could find it again I would Sandy. Then again my last car of this make and model was great but this one which is a higher spec has been nothing but trouble so you never can tell.

I hate crowds too Kerri. That's a shame about the squirrels. I love the little pests but not so much when they're destroying your planting. The ones in our garden used to dig up crocus bulbs every year and eat half of each strawberry and leave the rest on the plants. Drove me nuts. Either nick some strawberries or leave them alone!!

A lovely sunny morning again here too. Nice to string a few warm days together. I need to do some cleaning downstairs before I find an excuse to put it off and then I'm off to my brother's after lunch.

Mammogram coming up in the morning which I'm not looking forward to. More because of the pain of parking than anything else really. It can take forever to find a spot.
Back to top Go down
Geru
Emerald Member
Emerald Member
Geru

Name : Hannelore
CA
Kudos : 9
Birthday : february 12th

PostSubject: Re: It's Spring Chit Chat   It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 5 Icon_minitime14/05/19, 07:06 pm

It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 5 Butcha13A shot I actually took myself in Butchard Gardens . They have many places just perfect for picture taking .

weather is strange, real hot for a few days , to hot for me ... now it's cold again ,raining today , but not heavy .

The nails look great Sandy , wow, with nails like you got naturally ... doing them would make the job fun .congrats on the faster scooter,,lucky you . That is quite the doggy story about Louie ...lol , hope all works out Ok in time  .

Kerri: enjoy having your husband home again . To bad about the squirrels and the plants ,
don't feel bad , I planted a bunch of basket stuffers and they all died but 3 , even some of my nice daisies in the same basket all died , don't ask me why ,all that money gone down the drain .Last year I had good luck , but not this year .

Whisper: yup , cars and houses eat  up your money  ,there is no end to it , something always needs keeping up .Enjoy your company ,and your free time .

Have a great day ladies .

flower
Back to top Go down
Zandranna
Owner
Owner
Zandranna

UK

PostSubject: Re: It's Spring Chit Chat   It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 5 Icon_minitime15/05/19, 01:52 pm

Gosh, that's a gorgeous photo.

Yeah, I was really pleased with how my nails turned out. 9 days and no sign of chipping yet.

I've just been on a lovely scooter ride through all the woodland ways and down to our nearest Sainsburys and Wool Mill with Margaret.  Stopped to have a scone and cuppa tea, and I bought a lovely dress in the Wool Mill.  Half hour to ride there because Margaret seems to be nervous on the roads and nervous on the shared bike/pedestrian pavements.

She wont go faster than 7mph on the road and no faster than about 4.5 on the shared paths.  But as it's a lovely sunny day and the ride through those back ways is nice I didn't get too up tight about it.  She might get a little more confident on longer journeys as we go out more.  Up to now she is just used to riding to the shops at the top of the road and down to the beach.

She told me today she wants us to go in the other direction into New Milton next time.  That's going to be quite difficult with her, because at one point we have to cross a four lane fast road where there are no pavements at all.  I manage it with ease because of how the road is marked out there, but I'm not sure she will have the courage.  I might have to take her a longer way around instead.

Back to top Go down
Geru
Emerald Member
Emerald Member
Geru

CA

PostSubject: Re: It's Spring Chit Chat   It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 5 Icon_minitime15/05/19, 07:28 pm

It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 5 Butcha14

Another shot from Butchard Gardens, the fish pond fountain .

9 days and no chipping ,  good work Jessie .

Sounds like you are having fun with Margaret Sandy  and the teaching .... 4 lane fast street, and no pavement ??  What is it ,  cobble stone ? I remember there was lots of those in Europe  ,take good care .

Weather is sunny right now , so must try  take advantage of it .

flower
Back to top Go down
Whisper
Ruby Member
Ruby Member
Whisper

UK

PostSubject: Re: It's Spring Chit Chat   It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 5 Icon_minitime16/05/19, 10:00 am

Both beautiful pictures Geru. Looks like a lovely place.

Good to be able to get out and about Sandy even if the pace is a bit slower than you'd like. Hopefully Margaret will gain more confidence eventually.

Going to the hospital yesterday was a nightmare. Got held up by roadworks into town for over 15 mins and as expected there were no parking spaces. I eventually found one in the bottom car park but of course the unit I was going to was right at the top of the hill. Despite leaving home in plenty of time I ended up having to dash up the hill on what was a hot day. I made it with a few minutes to spare but was a bit frazzled by then. I found a different way home so that journey wasn't nearly as bad.

Nothing on today thankfully. The bin men have just been so I need to grab the wheely in and my bedding is just spinning so I'm going to hang that out too. A few degrees cooler than yesterday but sunny with a slight breeze so I'm going to make the most of it.
Back to top Go down
Zandranna
Owner
Owner
Zandranna

UK

PostSubject: Re: It's Spring Chit Chat   It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 5 Icon_minitime16/05/19, 11:54 am

Another lovely piccy Geru.

No, the road is a very fast A road with just a small grass verge on one side and nothing on the other side.  Over here they assume everyone has a car so on roads like that there is also no pedestrian crossings of any sort.  So when on a bike or mobility scooter on those roads the only choice we have is to pretend we are a car and ride down until a pavement on one side or the other begins.

To avoid most of that road, I cut through the grounds of a very large posh hotel which brings me out just a short way from a cycle path on the opposite side, which is where one has to cross the four lanes of traffic to get to it.  But I have now, by looking on google maps found a route to take Margaret, when she is with me, avoiding that A road completely.  Makes the journey a wee bit longer but better that than having a nervous wreak on my hands, lol.

At certain times of the day the journey to our hospital is the same Wendy.  The traffic is horrendous.  We always have to allow extra time.

I'm having lunch out with Aimee and Jess today.  It was only going to be Aimee but it seems that Jess can fit in the time to come as well.  I suspect she has a late start at work.

Had a bit of bad news yesterday.  Sarah text me to say that my ex-hubby's wife died the night before.  He is devastated.

I'm quite worried for him for two reasons.

1) He has never had to do anything for himself regarding running a home such as paying the bills, juggling money and such.  Both myself and Debbie (the wife) has always done that sort of thing.  Plus of course he is only going to have his own pension in order to manage.

2) Although her family adore him and he is close to her kids and grandkids, you know what people can like.  Will they, over the course of time, stop visiting him now their Mother/Grandmother is gone.

Will he be left lonely and alone eventually.  I mean, even me with my own girls I don't see them as much as I used to, so for Bill it could be worse.

I'm going to suggest that Sarah keeps an eye on how he's doing, and if she finds he is left alone after a few months, she suggests to him he move across country to here.  He will be near our girls.  He is still very much considered family by my Sister and her crew.  And of course he and I are still friends so it wouldn't cause a problem.  At the moment he is 120 odd miles away.  He is living in a privately rented flat anyway so that also wouldn't be a problem.

Back to top Go down
Whisper
Ruby Member
Ruby Member
Whisper

UK

PostSubject: Re: It's Spring Chit Chat   It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 5 Icon_minitime17/05/19, 10:44 am

lol I meant a slower pace because of Margaret not the road but it's good you've found a route that won't terrify her.

I'm just back from grocery shopping. I was hoping those roadworks would be gone by now but no such luck. I'd allowed an hour on Wednesday for what is usually a 15 minute journey. I knew parking would be difficult. I thought that would be ample but wasn't counting on a long hike once I arrived. This morning was a pain getting through town again but not as stressful since I didn't have to be there at any particular time.

That's very sad for your ex and nice that you're still friends. Hopefully his wife's family won't forget about him. I had the finances problem when my ex left. He'd always sorted out all that stuff so I can sympathize. I had to learn fast. I still hate making official phone calls but got a lot better of it when I had to sort out all mum's stuff after she died. Now I figure if I can do that and survive I can do my own too.

If it was my ex's wife I'd be dancing on her grave. She's a psycho bitch to put it politely.
Back to top Go down
Geru
Emerald Member
Emerald Member
Geru

CA

PostSubject: Re: It's Spring Chit Chat   It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 5 Icon_minitime17/05/19, 08:57 pm

It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 5 Poster11

Weather is on the cool side ,long weekend here , rain forecast for Sunday and Monday , so many will head north in the province maybe ,it's supposed to be warmer up there I have read 
 Many bushes are blooming right now ,making  it look lovely ,to bad they don't last all that long .

Sounds like a confusing set up to me with those streets ,but....who am I to judge, I can't see it   .Good luck with all the teaching  Sandy .

Whisper: I hate City traffic .never grew up with it ,but did have to learn fast when moving to this City . It's that darn parking that always got me , and where did I leave the car now ...lol, 
had to learn to pay attention and remember the markers on the big parking lots .  lol 

have a nice weekend 

flower
Back to top Go down
Zandranna
Owner
Owner
Zandranna

UK

PostSubject: Re: It's Spring Chit Chat   It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 5 Icon_minitime18/05/19, 10:11 am

Aimee reckons that the eldest daughter, Debbie, will ask Bill to move in with her and her family Wendy.  I hope so because I'm sure he will agree as he really wont want to live on his own.

I had a lovely lunch with Aimee and Jess Thursday and afterwards, at Aimee's suggestion we all popped in to see my Sister for an hour.

Then Jess and Adam came to visit me yesterday evening.  I was pleased to see them as the weather had been dull and miserable all day and so I hadn't gone out and was pretty bored until they turned up.

Killing myself laughing at the "psycho bitch".

Yup, Geru.  They want us to get out of cars and onto bikes or public transport but they make it far to difficult to do so.

It looks like we are now back to dull cool days here too.  At least for the next 10 days.

Today is washing day.  A bit of tidying up, and then a short trip to the top of the road to get a couple of bits.

Back to top Go down
Whisper
Ruby Member
Ruby Member
Whisper

UK

PostSubject: Re: It's Spring Chit Chat   It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 5 Icon_minitime18/05/19, 11:19 am

Well she is. lol! That would be lovely for your ex if his step daughter offers him a home. You and the girls could stop worrying about him.

Nice that your girls are visiting and taking you out to eat and visit your sister too.

My daughter and her partner are arriving this afternoon and staying the night. They're probably bringing his 12 year old son too. He usually stays at his older sister's when they come up here but she must be away or something. He's a nice enough lad just a bit odd. Never any trouble though.

Cooled off here too and cloudy today. About 15C so not cold but no sign of any sun either.

Same here with the trees Geru. They look beautiful when the blossom is out but it never lasts long enough for my liking.
Back to top Go down
Kerri
Topaz Member
Topaz Member
Kerri

Name : Kerri
Kudos : 12
Birthday : July 22

PostSubject: Re: It's Spring Chit Chat   It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 5 Icon_minitime19/05/19, 12:52 am

Hi everyone. 

One of my daughters is pregnant with her first baby.
She went 6 days past her due date.
She had arranged to go to the hospital to have the labor induced.
She just called me and said that they are sending her home
because she has to be 41 weeks before they will induce labor.
She will be 41 weeks at midnight. 

Needless to say, she is very upset and disappointed.
Now she will re-schedule to have labor induced.
Unless her little man decides to come on his own
before then.

My husband is doing well.
So I'm very happy about that.

Hope everyone has a lovely rest of the day!
Back to top Go down
Whisper
Ruby Member
Ruby Member
Whisper

UK

PostSubject: Re: It's Spring Chit Chat   It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 5 Icon_minitime20/05/19, 09:35 am

How silly! Hopefully the little one will arrive before that's necessary. Glad your husband is doing well.

I'm worn out after my visitors. I got dragged shopping for three hours on Saturday. My worst nightmare. I hate shopping. This morning I'm trying to clean upstairs with "help" from Alfie. Spencer is at the vet's this morning to be neutered so that'll be the pair of them done. Alfie will miss charging around with him at our lunchtime get together.
Back to top Go down
Geru
Emerald Member
Emerald Member
Geru

CA

PostSubject: Re: It's Spring Chit Chat   It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 5 Icon_minitime20/05/19, 08:13 pm

dull rainy day here today , everything looks fresh and green and colourful , the dendrons are blooming in full force , so beautiful to see .

Hebrew ??  OMG goodness , that is quite an undertaking ..... but I can see why you would want to learn it , good luck Sandy . Now French or  or a  Polynesian language  would be more my style .  I love the Hawaii language sound .

Kerri: you are a great Grandma....hope the plants turn out good ,and glad your husband is feeing better. And...hope that awaited baby arrives soon , and healthy of course . 

Whisper; You have your hands full with company this weekend  ,  good rest coming up afterwards . 

It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 5 Rainin12

flower
Back to top Go down
Zandranna
Owner
Owner
Zandranna

UK

PostSubject: Re: It's Spring Chit Chat   It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 5 Icon_minitime21/05/19, 08:19 am

I hope by the time you read this Kerri your daughter has had the baby and it's all over and done with now.

Shopping trips are no fun Wendy.  Poor doggy.  That particular trip to the vets is no fun for them.

Oh a Polynesian language sounds fun Geru. Perhaps you should give something like that a little go.

We have one lovely day of sunshine today in the middle of dull ones each side, so I'm going to get Louie on the scooter and we are going off somewhere for a little ride out.  I don't know where yet as it's only 8am and I have only just had my first cup of tea of the day.

Back to top Go down
Geru
Emerald Member
Emerald Member
Geru

CA

PostSubject: Re: It's Spring Chit Chat   It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 5 Icon_minitime21/05/19, 07:56 pm

It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 5 Img_0322Have a great day, it has stopped raining for now ,so it might warm up a bit again .

flower
Back to top Go down
Whisper
Ruby Member
Ruby Member
Whisper

UK

PostSubject: Re: It's Spring Chit Chat   It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 5 Icon_minitime22/05/19, 09:15 am

The last couple of days have started really dull but the sun has broken through by about 9am. Not hot but pleasant at 16C. Spencer, like Alfie, was charging around as soon as he got home and will have to be watched for busting stitches. He also had to have two puppy teeth removed that hadn't been pushed out. You'd think he'd just been somewhere for a nice visit. Resilient little beggars are pups.
Back to top Go down
Zandranna
Owner
Owner
Zandranna

UK

PostSubject: Re: It's Spring Chit Chat   It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 5 Icon_minitime22/05/19, 09:57 am

They live for the moment, which is lovely.

Yesterday morning the weather report for today said cloudy all day.  By last night it had changed to sun peeping through the clouds.  Today is actually now as sunny as yesterday.  Another day I am not going to stay in.  One has to make the most of these days as they come along.  No idea yet where I am going though.

Yesterday Louie and I went for a ride on the scooter in the morning. I then popped out on it to get some shopping at the top of the road.  Taking the scooter allowed me to carry a lot more back than if I had walked.  Then in the afternoon after Charlie had popped in for a cuppa, Margaret, Louie and I rode along to the Castle for a cup of tea and a walk in the woods there.

Obviously no housework got done.

Back to top Go down
Geru
Emerald Member
Emerald Member
Geru

CA

PostSubject: Re: It's Spring Chit Chat   It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 5 Icon_minitime22/05/19, 08:03 pm

It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 5 00115
oh gosh , what a nice day , see you later folks

flower
Back to top Go down
Geru
Emerald Member
Emerald Member
Geru

CA

PostSubject: Re: It's Spring Chit Chat   It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 5 Icon_minitime23/05/19, 07:18 pm

It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 5 Duck10it will be  a warm day today , getting warmer by the minute .

so long folks

flower
Back to top Go down
Whisper
Ruby Member
Ruby Member
Whisper

UK

PostSubject: Re: It's Spring Chit Chat   It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 5 Icon_minitime24/05/19, 08:02 am

Another sunny start to the day. A quiet weekend coming up for me I hope. I've got towels in the washing machine. Once they're done and hung outside I'm off grocery shopping. After that I have no idea yet.

Good to hear you're getting plenty of use out of your new scooter Sandy.

Enjoy the warm weather while you can Geru.

@Kerri. Has that baby put in an appearance yet?
Back to top Go down
Zandranna
Owner
Owner
Zandranna

UK

PostSubject: Re: It's Spring Chit Chat   It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 5 Icon_minitime24/05/19, 01:08 pm

Just on here quickly to let you know my internet has gone out.  Chap coming next Wednesday hopefully to fix it.  If I can tap in to someone else's at any time I will.

In the meantime have fun all and make the most of any decent weather you might be getting.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's Spring Chit Chat   It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It's Spring Chit Chat
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Zan's Zone :: Now We're Buzzing :: Coffee Break-
Jump to: