It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 6
A Warm Welcome

This site is - 935 Days Old
A Warm Welcome to Zan's Zone Guest
Please feel free to come and go as you please.
Please tell me if you see any mistakes in the skin so that I can fix it.
Feel free to add a link to your own board, blog or website in your signature.
The size of images added to signatures are restricted to avoid long scrolling passed them.
If you have made a post on your own board and you would like to post a link to it, Post it Here
Introduction
Brexit in.......
Whatcha Doin’ Now
My Time & Weather

Click for Bournemouth, United Kingdom Forecast

It's Spring Chit Chat

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Kerri
Topaz Member
Topaz Member
Kerri

Name : Kerri
Kudos : 12
Birthday : July 22

It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's Spring Chit Chat   It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 6 Icon_minitime24/05/19, 04:35 pm

Hi everyone.

After two days of being in labor, 
my daughter had her little man by cesarean section.

He was born at 9 PM 
and he stayed up all night.
He finally went to bed at 5 AM.

My daughter was exhausted
but so in love with him she did not care.

I told her to hold that thought.
And that the words sleep deprivation 
will become common in her vocabulary. 

He was 7 pounds 4 ounces at birth.
He has hair. 
He has a perfect cupid's bow on his upper lip.
And a dimple in his chin.

Geru, 
Enjoy the warm weather!

Wendy, 
I have been enjoying the sweet little man.
My daughter named him Elijah James and calls him EJ.
I called him Lijah-man when I whispered to him
that I was going to spoil him.
Explained that as one of his grandmas, 
it is our job.

Oh Sandy, 
I hate it when my internet goes out!
Hope you can get it fixed soon.

A long holiday weekend here.
I took today off from work and Monday
is a paid holiday of remembrance. 

Hope everyone has a lovely rest of the day!
Back to top Go down
Zandranna
Owner
Owner
Zandranna

Name : Sandy
UK
Kudos : 140
Mood : All good my end.
Birthday : 1st Nov

PostSubject: Re: It's Spring Chit Chat   It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 6 Icon_minitime25/05/19, 08:03 am

I take it back.  Everything came back on line late yesterday.  I suspect that when the order went through to the service department they managed to fix it their end.  Although Charlie thinks  it could have been someone working down a hole in my area buggering around with wires which interrupted the service for several hours.

Oh my, I just love the name your Daughter has chosen Kerri. Many congratulations.  It's wonderful when a new gift of a life enters the family.

It looks like we are going to have another lovely day here.  Yesterday was ok until a spot of rain came in the evening.  And I do mean just a spot, and for only a few minutes.

No idea what I am doing today.  I will just be doing what I fancy, when I fancy.

It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 6 Weight
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/zandranna https://whistle-n-scoot.blogspot.com/ https://gab.ai/Zandranna
Kerri
Topaz Member
Topaz Member
Kerri

PostSubject: Re: It's Spring Chit Chat   It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 6 Icon_minitime25/05/19, 10:42 am

Hi everyone.

So glad your internet is working, Sandy.

I binge-watched a show on Netflix yesterday afternoon and evening.
Then at around 8:00 PM I got my second wind
and decided to do laundry.
Hardly anyone in the small apartment complex
uses the washing machines or clothes dryer
that late at night.
So the laundry room was empty of people.

I hope we get a little sunshine today.
My and my granddaughter's herbs
growing in pots on the patio could use some.

Hope everyone has a lovely rest of they day!
Back to top Go down
Whisper
Ruby Member
Ruby Member
Whisper

UK
Kudos : 51
Mood : Restless

PostSubject: Re: It's Spring Chit Chat   It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 6 Icon_minitime25/05/19, 11:41 am

Awww. Congratulations on the little man Kerri. I love the name too. Your poor daughter must have been exhausted but it's funny how quickly that's forgotten when the bundle of joy arrives. Let the spoiling begin. Smile

Glad you got your internet back Sandy. Mine was supposed to be out for hours on Thursday while they did maintenance but was only off for 20 mins. My brother's was meant to be off on the !5th but didn't go off at all and then he got a letter with another date in June for it going off so I suspect they haven't done with mine and I'll be receiving a similar letter soon.

Mammogram results came back all clear yesterday so that's good news. Always a bit of a worry with my sister dying dying from breast cancer that spread to her lungs and brain.
Back to top Go down
Zandranna
Owner
Owner
Zandranna

UK

PostSubject: Re: It's Spring Chit Chat   It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 6 Icon_minitime26/05/19, 04:57 pm

I love binge watches.  At the moment though I can't seem to find anything that I fancy that I haven't watched before.

So good to hear mammogram all ok. Wendy.

Jess came along today to do my nails again as they had grown out.  But not one chip on them. Just shows how much housework I don't do, lol.

I asked her if she could do flowers on them.  She has never done those before and I think she has done a great job.

It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 6 Nailsb10

It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 6 Nailsb11

Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/zandranna https://whistle-n-scoot.blogspot.com/ https://gab.ai/Zandranna
Whisper
Ruby Member
Ruby Member
Whisper

UK

PostSubject: Re: It's Spring Chit Chat   It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 6 Icon_minitime27/05/19, 11:11 am

She's done a great job again.

I've only just got access to Netflix Sandy so there's a lot I haven't seen. First I watched Star Trek: Discovery and then five seasons of Orphan Black which I really enjoyed. Now I'm watching two seasons of Sense8. I've got Continuum, The OA and Glitch lined up next. I'm sure the novelty will wear off but I'm like a kid in a candy shop at the moment.

I've been cleaning upstairs this morning and my sister is coming here for lunch later and trimming my hair. Our elderly friend is a bit unwell so we're not going there today.
Back to top Go down
Zandranna
Owner
Owner
Zandranna

UK

PostSubject: Re: It's Spring Chit Chat   It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 6 Icon_minitime28/05/19, 10:03 am

Oh you are lucky to have a list that long of things you want to watch.

Hope you had a good afternoon with your Sis.

I wanted to buy Jess a couple of nail colours to add to her collection as a thank you for doing my nails. My goodness they have a lot of colours. I chose two colours that I liked and she also liked while her and I were batting texts back and forth, but she has to buy them as only professionals can buy from them, and I will transfer the money for them into her bank.

When she told Sarah and Aimee, they too bought one each for her. Jess gets so excited over her nail varnishes, lol. But then they are expensive so I can understand why she is always saying she wants them when asked what she wants for her birthday or christmas.

Today I am actually doing housework and washing and then have to wait in this afternoon for a new hoover to be delivered from Argos.

Back to top Go down
Whisper
Ruby Member
Ruby Member
Whisper

UK

PostSubject: Re: It's Spring Chit Chat   It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 6 Icon_minitime29/05/19, 10:08 am

At least you know you're buying her presents she really wants and will use and that will save her money too.

I've just spent ages on the phone trying to get a gas and electricity statement. Finally got one and it's just about in credit. Not by as much as I'd hoped though. Apparently my so called smart meters are playing up again. The electricity one hasn't sent a reading since April. They're going to have to replace it. Both were replaced less than two years ago. They're more trouble than they're worth. They're going to ring me next Wednesday to set a date to do the job. I'm pretty annoyed because last time was an all day job. They had to replace both because they're synched or something. I've got better things to do with my time.
Back to top Go down
Zandranna
Owner
Owner
Zandranna

UK

PostSubject: Re: It's Spring Chit Chat   It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 6 Icon_minitime29/05/19, 05:55 pm

Dealing with utility companies when one has a problem is murder. I feel for you matie.

I bought a new hoover yesterday and got as far as taking it out of the box. I've been glancing at it all day on and off but still haven't actually plugged it in and attempted to use it. It's been one of those sluggish days for me. I might get off my backside tomoz and do something with it.

Charlie popped in for his usual cuppa, but didn't stay long as he had a list a mile long of jobs to do.

Soon time for me to get off the comp and turn the tele on for the evening. I've been sitting here gorging chocolate so I will be having a late dinner.

Back to top Go down
Spherical
Side Kick
Side Kick
Spherical

Name : Martha
AU
Kudos : 129
Mood : Recovering & Relaxing
Birthday : 3rd March

PostSubject: Re: It's Spring Chit Chat   It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 6 Icon_minitime30/05/19, 02:34 am

Oh lookie what the cat dragged in Smile Hi everyone.

Kerri congratulations on the birth of your grandson. Spoiling him is a given hahaha.

Sandy your nails look great!
My nails don't grow well or nicely so no nail polish on those and I don't want to start with the gel or fake nail stuff as the upkeep can get expensive. Plus I'm always with my hands in the gardens lol.

I've done some lovely short road trips since I last posted here. And in between those I had 2 small procedures done so took time out to heal/rest and watched movies and read my books.

Today is the first time I actually turned the computer on in 4 weeks!
Quick messages or posts of FB I can do with my mobile phone and that's as far as I've gotten.
I could access the boards with my phone but it's too small to read and I get annoyed trying to navigate it.

Winter is here in 2 days and the mornings are already pretty cold but we still have sunny days overall. The east coast is freezing and they've had plenty of snow already in the skie resorts there.

We're having a flu outbreak in this country and more the 100 ppl have already died from it.
I guess I will be hibernating and avoiding anyone that sounds sick lol.

Back to top Go down
http://spherical.forumotion.com http://sphericals.weebly.com https://gab.ai/SphericMartha
Whisper
Ruby Member
Ruby Member
Whisper

UK

PostSubject: Re: It's Spring Chit Chat   It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 6 Icon_minitime30/05/19, 09:30 am

Good to see you Martha. I can't use a phone for online stuff either. Way too small. It's 12C here and bucketing down with rain. Not sure if that classes as Spring, Summer or something else.

I've changed the bedding and that's in the washing machine but certainly won't be going outdoors. Bin men have just arrived to empty the wheely so I'll dash out and retrieve that in a minute since it doesn't like there's going to be a break in this rain. I'm glad I don't have to go out anywhere today.
Back to top Go down
Zandranna
Owner
Owner
Zandranna

UK

PostSubject: Re: It's Spring Chit Chat   It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 6 Icon_minitime30/05/19, 10:02 am

Hiya Martha matie. You are right. If Jess wasn't doing my nails for free I would never pay out what it costs for the up keep of them.

I was only thinking the other day, what is the point of me having a smart phone when I simply don't use it for the web. It's impossible to see it.

A pig about the proceedures but great to know you have been having fun.

I was going to do some housework today because originally we were meant to have another rotten day weather wise. But that all changed once today arrived and it's really nice out there. So Louie and I might make the most of it instead and go off somewhere on the scooter.

Back to top Go down
Kerri
Topaz Member
Topaz Member
Kerri

PostSubject: Re: It's Spring Chit Chat   It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 6 Icon_minitime01/06/19, 10:51 am

Hi everyone.

Sandy, 
Jess does a fantastic job on your nails!
They look great.

Wendy, 
I was like a kid in a candy store, as well, 
when we first got Netflix. So many new things to watch.
I loved the episodes of Orphan Black that I watched.

Wonderful that your mammogram results were good!

Martha, 
So glad you had some lovely road trips.
I hope the two small procedures were not too awful for you.

We had a bad flu outbreak here a few years ago.
My husband was in the hospital and there were signs
all over the hospital about washing hands, not allowing
small children as visitors, wear a mask
if you have any sort of cough...
A doctor introduced himself to me
and put his arm out to shake my hand.
I said, "Maybe we shouldn't shake hands
because of all this flu going around."
He agreed. 
Of course, hospitals can be some of the germiest places of all.

After work yesterday, I took my granddaughters swimming.
It was 88F/31C so the water was wonderful with this heat.
And I enjoy their laughter as they are having fun in the water.
I made them dinner and took them home.
We had mild thunderstorms in the night.
I had to turn on the air conditioner for the first time this year.

Just watching the morning news right now
and having some morning coffee.

Back to top Go down
Dazzal
Topaz Member
Topaz Member
Dazzal

Name : Dazzal
US
Kudos : 16
Mood : Chipper

PostSubject: Re: It's Spring Chit Chat   It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 6 Icon_minitime03/06/19, 12:34 am

Hello Everyone,

Stopping in to say hello. Your nails look pretty and fancy Sandy.

I have a newer dog Josie, she's a year old and Toby loves playing with her. They are both Mal-Shih's. I think I may have posted pictures here in another area of Toby.

We had a bit of excitement this week. My husband went in for a procedure in the hospital and came out with 3 stents, 2 for one artery and 1 for the other. No damage to the heart, thank goodness. The prognosis seems to be good and time will tell.

Congratulations on your new grandson, Kerri. Pretty smart of you to turn down shaking hands with the doctor and kind of gutsy.  Smile Certainly does prevent germs.

That was a good way to recuperate, Martha, rest, read and movies. I love road trips.

Whisper, happy to read your mammogram came out good. It's always a relief.

Have a good new week everyone.
Back to top Go down
karinsuezen28
Topaz Member
Topaz Member
karinsuezen28

CA
Kudos : 6

PostSubject: Re: It's Spring Chit Chat   It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 6 Icon_minitime04/06/19, 09:08 pm

@Kerri wrote:
Hi everyone.

After two days of being in labor, 
my daughter had her little man by cesarean section.

He was born at 9 PM 
and he stayed up all night.
He finally went to bed at 5 AM.

My daughter was exhausted
but so in love with him she did not care.

I told her to hold that thought.
And that the words sleep deprivation 
will become common in her vocabulary. 

He was 7 pounds 4 ounces at birth.
He has hair. 
He has a perfect cupid's bow on his upper lip.
And a dimple in his chin.

Geru, 
Enjoy the warm weather!

Wendy, 
I have been enjoying the sweet little man.
My daughter named him Elijah James and calls him EJ.
I called him Lijah-man when I whispered to him
that I was going to spoil him.
Explained that as one of his grandmas, 
it is our job.

Oh Sandy, 
I hate it when my internet goes out!
Hope you can get it fixed soon.

A long holiday weekend here.
I took today off from work and Monday
is a paid holiday of remembrance. 

i'm glad that everything went ok
my sister had to have an emergency C the first day
and she opted to have one for the second one...

i went to have my dentist bill reassessed....i was supposed to have a root canal and all that, but they opted to get rid of my tooth instead.......so that was alot less

i have to be put to sleep with everyting except cleaning.....
so that's why it was so expensive
susan
i know that i'm not here that often, but yikes.
Back to top Go down
karinsuezen28
Topaz Member
Topaz Member
karinsuezen28

CA
Kudos : 6

PostSubject: Re: It's Spring Chit Chat   It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 6 Icon_minitime05/06/19, 02:23 am

@Zandranna wrote:
I love binge watches.  At the moment though I can't seem to find anything that I fancy that I haven't watched before.

So good to hear mammogram all ok. Wendy.

Jess came along today to do my nails again as they had grown out.  But not one chip on them. Just shows how much housework I don't do, lol.

I asked her if she could do flowers on them.  She has never done those before and I think she has done a great job.

It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 6 Nailsb11

love those nails, i'm often tempted to get mine done, but i would spend the money on something else instead like i have the money now for a trip, but, i have to have spending money so

susan
Back to top Go down
Mozzie
Amber Member
Amber Member
Mozzie

Name : Brad
AU
Kudos : 3

PostSubject: Re: It's Spring Chit Chat   It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 6 Icon_minitime05/06/19, 02:55 am

Good morning everyone, has been a while since i was last here. Hope everyone is well
Back to top Go down
http://creativeanimations.jcink.net/index.php http://creativeanimations.jcink.net/index.php
Whisper
Ruby Member
Ruby Member
Whisper

UK

PostSubject: Re: It's Spring Chit Chat   It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 6 Icon_minitime05/06/19, 09:19 am

Thanks Dazzal. Yes always a relief to get the all clear. Glad your husband has no damage to the heart. Long may that continue. Nice for Toby to have a new playmate. I bet he's having great fun.

Kerri I'm on season 2 of Glitch at the moment and loving it. I really enjoyed Sense8 too. My daughter reckons I have scary taste in shows. lol I don't find them scary at all. They're a mix of sci-fi, science and the paranormal. Sometimes all three in one show.

No major disasters here Mozzie which is always a bonus.
Back to top Go down
Zandranna
Owner
Owner
Zandranna

UK

PostSubject: Re: It's Spring Chit Chat   It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 6 Icon_minitime05/06/19, 10:18 am

Wow! I've just posted and I thought it went through but seemingly  it didn't so trying again.

Hi Mozzie and Susan.  Nice to see you both pop in.

Quite honestly Susan, I too, would always opt for a tooth removal rather than a root canal.

What did you call your new dog Daz?

I've got a couple of stents too.  My Sister has five and Beverley (Niece) is waiting to go in and also have one or more.

I keep meaning to start going swimming again.  I actually got around to trying on my swimming costume a couple of evenings ago ready.  I haven't been since before I was ill, but now I am well again it will be a great way to build up my strength and stammina.

Lovely day out there today, but can't go out yet as I'm waiting for someone to pop in.  It's a lady, (Mary) I met on site a while ago now when she was visiting someone else, that had put in for one of these flats.  She finally got a phone call Monday to offer her one upstairs in my block.  So she is collecting the keys this morning and coming over to take a look at it.  She's will be popping in to me for a cup of tea.

Back to top Go down
Dazzal
Topaz Member
Topaz Member
Dazzal

US

PostSubject: Re: It's Spring Chit Chat   It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 6 Icon_minitime05/06/19, 06:08 pm

Sandy, here is a link to my 2 puppers Toby and Josie.
I thought I had posted pictures here, but it doesn't look like it. I posted a separate thread, so they wouldn't get lost. 

WOW! Whisper and Sandy, it seems stents are quite common with people. How long have you had yours?

Good to see you Mozzie and Susan. I have had root canals and a couple of teeth pulled and I prefer the root canals. I think I had dry sockets with both teeth being pulled. It's funny how we are all different in what we like.

Have a good rest of the week everyone.
Back to top Go down
Elaine
Sappire Member
Sappire Member
Elaine

Name : NutBar
CA
Kudos : 43
Mood : Introspective
Birthday : October 1

PostSubject: Re: It's Spring Chit Chat   It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 6 Icon_minitime06/06/19, 07:58 am

@Whisper wrote:
Good to see you Martha. I can't use a phone for online stuff either. Way too small. It's 12C here and bucketing down with rain. Not sure if that classes as Spring, Summer or something else.

I've changed the bedding and that's in the washing machine but certainly won't be going outdoors. Bin men have just arrived to empty the wheely so I'll dash out and retrieve that in a minute since it doesn't like there's going to be a break in this rain. I'm glad I don't have to go out anywhere today.
For some reason, I could not post to this thread any other way but to quote someone, so I chose to quote Whisper who has the shortest comment. There was a big black box where there should have been more page including the comment section, but no, nothing available.
Just wanted to let you all know that I've thought of you often but thought this board had died since I haven't had any email notifications in a long while. Just got one today though!
I've finally got through the whole travel and funeral rigamarole for my mom's death. It wasn't easy and I'm so glad it's pretty much done and over with. My sis might still want to come to BC to spread some ashes in our ocean. I'd like to see my sis again but don't really for the formality of spreading ashes. I'd certainly support my sis though, in whatever she feels like doing. I love her.
*Sandy, I love your nails. I wish mine could hold up to a manicure. They are super soft and so I usually keep them short and unadorned. I'd love to put art on them. Yours are beautiful♥
*Super happy to hear about the birth of a perfectly beautiful baby!♥
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/@togonit http://canadianforumchat.freeforums.net/
Dazzal
Topaz Member
Topaz Member
Dazzal

US

PostSubject: Re: It's Spring Chit Chat   It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 6 Icon_minitime06/06/19, 03:21 pm

@elaine, I just noticed the reply button is on the top left of this thread. It's a bit hard to see if you are not looking for it.

I am so sorry you lost your Mom. It does leave a big hole in our hearts losing a parent. When we're little we think they will be around forever.

@Zandranna, I like your video welcoming everyone. Nice to hear your voice. Smile
Back to top Go down
Zandranna
Owner
Owner
Zandranna

UK

PostSubject: Re: It's Spring Chit Chat   It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 6 Icon_minitime06/06/19, 05:08 pm

@Dazzel - I went into your puppy thread first.  Good idea to post it in it's own thread then as you say they don't get lost in the daily thread.

I've had my stents for about 7 years now.

Thanks for the congrats on my intro video. I did that on the hop and keep meaning to make a better one.  Or I might make a rambling monthly one rattling on about anything and everything.

@Elaine - I hope that was just a glitch you had when posting. Do let me know if you have the same problem next time.

Funnily enough having one's nails done regularly actually strengthens the nails.  My Jessie's nails were exactly the same as yours are.  She simply couldn't grow them at all.

So she started by gelling her tiny little nails.  This strengthened them enough to grow a bit and not break. Gel stays on without chipping at all while ones own nails grow. Then over the course of 2 or 3 times of doing her nails they not only grew but they grew really strong.  She now has nails as good and strong as mine.

One of her customers grew her nails by having acrylic nails for the first 2 or 3 times.  As the nails grow that way, one just has what they call infills where the nail has grown.  Once the nail is strong enough then the acrylic nail is removed and one is just left with their own.

Back to top Go down
Elaine
Sappire Member
Sappire Member
Elaine

Name : NutBar
CA
Kudos : 43
Mood : Introspective
Birthday : October 1

PostSubject: Re: It's Spring Chit Chat   It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 6 Icon_minitime07/06/19, 07:49 am

Everything is working perfectly for me to post again. I was surprised that my comment went through because once I clicked on send I lost the page completely. It's all good now though Smile
@Dazzal thank you. The loss of my mom did sort of turn the world upside down for a long time. I still find myself reaching for the phone to call her whenever something goes on that would make her happy. I doing well though.
@Zandrana I doubt I'll ever get around to trying the gel idea but I'll keep it in mind. I got my nails done once but the manicurist ground my natural nails down too close to the skin. She said she needed to do that so the new nails would adhere, but she wasn't expecting my nails to be quite so thin. and all those pretty french tips were gone in less than a week. 
I'm sure looking forward to having some fun this weekend. I bought a portable scooter the other day so now I can go to the bird sanctuary etc with Roomie. It fits easily in the trunk of his car.
I'm headed to bed now. It's nearly midnight here 
Good night :sparkling_heart:
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/@togonit http://canadianforumchat.freeforums.net/
Whisper
Ruby Member
Ruby Member
Whisper

UK

PostSubject: Re: It's Spring Chit Chat   It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 6 Icon_minitime07/06/19, 10:39 am

Enjoy the new scooter Elaine.

My nails curl downwards as soon as they get any length to them. Makes typing a pain so I keep them fairly short. They look like parrots' beaks if I leave them.

No stents here Dazzal but they are quite common now. I'm hoping never to need any.

Done the grocery shopping and have visitors arriving later for a couple of days. It's chaos outside my house. Workmen are digging up the road. Again! They're spending the next five days repairing a drain they spent several days repairing last year.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's Spring Chit Chat   It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It's Spring Chit Chat
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Zan's Zone :: Now We're Buzzing :: Coffee Break-
Jump to: