It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 8
A Warm Welcome

This site is - 967 Days Old
A Warm Welcome to Zan's Zone Guest
Please feel free to come and go as you please.
Please tell me if you see any mistakes in the skin so that I can fix it.
Feel free to add a link to your own board, blog or website in your signature.
The size of images added to signatures are restricted to avoid long scrolling passed them.
If you have made a post on your own board and you would like to post a link to it, Post it Here
Introduction
Brexit in.......
Whatcha Doin’ Now
My Time & Weather

Click for Bournemouth, United Kingdom Forecast

It's Spring Chit Chat

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Whisper
Ruby Member
Ruby Member
Whisper

UK
Kudos : 51
Mood : Restless

It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's Spring Chit Chat   It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 8 Icon_minitime22/06/19, 10:36 am

Ouch! That sounds horrendous Martha. I'm glad to read that new skin is growing back now. I'm sure having to rely on others was very frustrating for you on top of all the pain.

Congrats on the wardrobes Sandy and enjoy the new bed when you get it.

I've got visitors arriving soon so just popping in before I try and get some more paperwork done before they get here. I swear this stuff always drops through the letterbox when I least have time to do it.
Back to top Go down
Zandranna
Owner
Owner
Zandranna

Name : Sandy
UK
Kudos : 140
Mood : All good my end.
Birthday : 1st Nov

PostSubject: Re: It's Spring Chit Chat   It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 8 Icon_minitime23/06/19, 01:08 pm

I spent an hour this morning before church to move out my small wardrobe, get all the paint gear ready to paint my walls white as soon as I get back. I'm going to do that side of the bed area first then move the bed over, leaving the wardrobe in the living area, and then paint that walls. Trouble is I think it will need 2 coats being as how it is going over magnolia.

I don't know when Charlie will be fitting the wardrobe you see, so thought I would do the bed room now then wardrobe can be fitted in and the new bed arrives Tuesday week so that part of the room will be all decorated ready.  Then it wont have to be touched for a couple of years apart from the odd touch up.

After that bit is done there is no hurry over the following days to continue round the walls in living area doing one wall at a time regarding moving furniture out to paint behind.  I might need Charlie to do you one with all my oak furniture on as I wont be able to pull that out myself.

Now I am back from church, had some lunch and taken Louie for a walk I should start with the painting but to tell the truth I am shattered.  I've only had 4 hours sleep a night for the last 4 nights.  I'm beginning to feel extremely sluggish.

It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 8 Weight
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/zandranna https://whistle-n-scoot.blogspot.com/ https://gab.ai/Zandranna
Geru
Emerald Member
Emerald Member
Geru

Name : Hannelore
CA
Kudos : 9
Birthday : february 12th

PostSubject: Re: It's Spring Chit Chat   It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 8 Icon_minitime25/06/19, 07:39 pm

It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 8 18825f10
Just dropping in for a friendly hello.

flower
Back to top Go down
Whisper
Ruby Member
Ruby Member
Whisper

UK

PostSubject: Re: It's Spring Chit Chat   It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 8 Icon_minitime26/06/19, 09:36 am

I'm not surprised you were feeling sluggish Sandy. Tired me out just reading.

Hi Geru. Smile

My daughter and her partner flew out to Florida yesterday so I thought I was in for 10 days of peace and quiet. No such luck. My granddaughter and her partner have decided to come and visit tomorrow. lol Mind you she's a lot less bother than her mum to be fair.

Another bill coming up I could have done without. Some loose slates on the roof are going to need fixing and the ridge tiles need repointing. Again. I swear those pneumatic drills played a part in the problems. My house was shaking all the time they were using them.
Back to top Go down
Zandranna
Owner
Owner
Zandranna

UK

PostSubject: Re: It's Spring Chit Chat   It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 8 Icon_minitime26/06/19, 06:14 pm

Hi Geru.

Oh I hope they have a great time Wendy.  And I'm sure you will have a good time with the granddaughter.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was the drills causing the slipping.  What a pain.

It was Aimee's birthday yesterday so we went out to dinner in the evening. Very nice. Pearl babysat Louie so he didn't have to be on his own which I'm sure he loved as he had Freddie to play with.

Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/zandranna https://whistle-n-scoot.blogspot.com/ https://gab.ai/Zandranna
Geru
Emerald Member
Emerald Member
Geru

CA

PostSubject: Re: It's Spring Chit Chat   It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 8 Icon_minitime26/06/19, 06:44 pm

It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 8 Naikoo10
Canada Day long weekend coming up .Weather  forecast is sunny .
sunny  Basketball

flower
Back to top Go down
Kerri
Topaz Member
Topaz Member
Kerri

Name : Kerri
Kudos : 12
Birthday : July 22

PostSubject: Re: It's Spring Chit Chat   It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 8 Icon_minitime27/06/19, 11:47 pm

Hi everyone.

Martha, 
Sorry you were having issues with your skin.
But I'm so glad things are improving.

Oh my goodness, Sandy. You have been busy.
I imagine you will love having the new wardrobe.
I hope you had a lovely time going out to dinner
for Aimee's birthday.

Hi Geru.
Enjoy the long weekend.

Wendy, 
At least the visit will be from the relative
that is lesser work. Haha  Smile 

Hi Elaine.
Hope you are getting some nice pictures.

Hi Dazz.
Best wishes for your husband.
Hope he is doing well with the Physical therapy.
And hope you have a lovely dinner out tomorrow night.
(If you go out to dinner)

My husband is home from the hospital.
He is feeling much better
and so happy to be home.

Sending warm wishes for everyone.
Take care.
Back to top Go down
Whisper
Ruby Member
Ruby Member
Whisper

UK

PostSubject: Re: It's Spring Chit Chat   It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 8 Icon_minitime28/06/19, 10:45 am

Glad hubby is home again Kerri. Nobody likes spending time in hospitals. Yes my GD is the lesser of two evils so to speak. lol At least the weather was lovely and it was nice to catch up with her.

Beautiful morning this morning. About 22C and sunny. I've done the grocery shopping. Got petrol at the same time. The pump I chose wasn't working so I had to go round again and queue. Then the cash machines had no cash in them. I thought it was going to be one of those days but the shop itself and the journey home were thankfully uneventful.

Tomorrow afternoon my landline will be switching providers so I hope that goes smoothly. You never can tell. Then Sunday is the big BBQ so I won't be online. I'm hoping the weather is as good as today for it.
Back to top Go down
Zandranna
Owner
Owner
Zandranna

UK

PostSubject: Re: It's Spring Chit Chat   It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 8 Icon_minitime28/06/19, 02:55 pm

What a beautiful woodland walk @Geru. If I had to choose between beaches, hills, parks and woodlands I would always choose woodlands.

Pleased for you both that hubby is home @Kerri.

It's supposed to be a wonderful weekend weatherwise Wendy so your BBQ should be a terrific success.  Have fun.

I finished painting my bed area and Charlie is going to install the wardrobe early next week. Bed arriving Tuesday so all should be finished in that part of the room by end next week.

I wont do anymore painting until toward the end of next week either because I want to give the place a good clean down, as I have done sod all for days, and then on Wednesday I have some ladies coming for my first home Bible reading group that I have organised.

It's a new world wide Bible project to take us back to the time of Jesus and the Apostles whereby the scriptures then were read out loud either in a synogogue or small groups.  Reading the Bible from the very beginning to the end.

They say it takes between 85 and 90 hours to read from start to finish, so that's a good 2 years before starting again.

I can only comfortably fit 6 people in my home, 8 at a squeeze. I already have 6 coming so it doesn't leave much room if anyone of them asks if they can bring someone else. However, I have been offered a large room in the back of a cafe for free if it grows bigger.

Wish me luck ladies that the evening all goes swimmingly next Wednesday afternoon. The first one is going to be a bit nerve wracking.

Back to top Go down
Kerri
Topaz Member
Topaz Member
Kerri

PostSubject: Re: It's Spring Chit Chat   It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 8 Icon_minitime29/06/19, 11:58 pm

Hi everyone.

Best wishes that you all have a good and productive time
at your Bible study, Sandy.

Did you have a good time at the BBQ, Wendy?

The weather forecast said it would reach 91F/32.77C today.
So I did all my grocery shopping very early this morning.
I went to the gasoline station to fill the gas tank in my car
and there was a line/queue.
Everyone had the same idea and decided to beat the heat.

We've had the air conditioner on all day
so it is cool in here.
I may go for a swim in the apartment pool later today.

Fresh spinach salad with sliced tomatoes, 
fresh cherries and fresh peach for dinner.
I picked up a lovely loaf of rosemary bread, too.
It is too hot to cook anything.

Hi Elaine! Hi Geru! Hi Martha!

Hope everyone has a peaceful rest of the day.
Back to top Go down
Whisper
Ruby Member
Ruby Member
Whisper

UK

PostSubject: Re: It's Spring Chit Chat   It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 8 Icon_minitime01/07/19, 09:34 am

I did thanks Kerri. After a very muggy 27C on Saturday the weather wasn't the best. Temperature dropped to about 18C and it was very breezy. The promised sunny spells were few and far between but at least it stayed dry so we didn't have to move everything into the barn. It was good to catch up with all the cousins away from weddings and funerals.

Today it's down to 16C and breezy with showers. Looks like we had our two summer days. lol

Just doing some housework this morning and then off to our usual Monday lunchtime get together.
Back to top Go down
Geru
Emerald Member
Emerald Member
Geru

CA

PostSubject: Re: It's Spring Chit Chat   It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 8 Icon_minitime01/07/19, 08:02 pm

It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 8 Oh_can10
Hello  to Sandy, Kerri, Whisper, Elaine , warm enough here, 22c right now  sunny

flower
Back to top Go down
Whisper
Ruby Member
Ruby Member
Whisper

UK

PostSubject: Re: It's Spring Chit Chat   It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 8 Icon_minitime02/07/19, 08:15 am

It's 15C here. Sad My internet is going to be off today due to maintenance in the area. No idea what time or for how long so just doing a bit of posting while I can.

Nothing exciting happening. Housework this morning and then off to my brother's after lunch.

I had some vouchers towards a flight for my birthday from my daughter and granddaughter. They'll cover most of the cost of the actual flight so I'd just have to pay for any extras. Time to start planning my next visit over the pond. Laughing Probably won't be until next year though. Gives me more time to look forward to it.
Back to top Go down
Geru
Emerald Member
Emerald Member
Geru

CA

PostSubject: Re: It's Spring Chit Chat   It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 8 Icon_minitime03/07/19, 01:19 am

It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 8 Good_a11It is raining today , day to take it slow and easy .

flower
Back to top Go down
Whisper
Ruby Member
Ruby Member
Whisper

UK

PostSubject: Re: It's Spring Chit Chat   It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 8 Icon_minitime05/07/19, 10:07 am

I'm just back from grocery shopping. Went early and missed the worst of the traffic. Put a load of towels in the machine but won't be able to hang them out because next door's are having all the render knocked off their back wall and half of it is landing in my yard. The racket is already giving me a headache. Went on all day yesterday so hopefully they'll finish soon. The re-rendering should be fairly quiet I hope.

My daughter is picking up my car early in the morning. Her partner is doing some work on it back at their place so it hopefully passes its MOT which is due soon. It means I'll have no car for a week but the money he'll save me over garage prices makes it well worth the inconvenience. They're arriving back from Florida at about 6am and coming straight here from the airport and will then drive both cars down to their place. I'll have to get moving in the morning which I'm not prone to do on Saturdays as a norm.
Back to top Go down
Kerri
Topaz Member
Topaz Member
Kerri

PostSubject: Re: It's Spring Chit Chat   It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 8 Icon_minitime05/07/19, 10:03 pm

Hi everyone.

I spent the Fourth of July holiday yesterday
with my daughters and my grandchildren.
A fun time. 

This morning I went shopping and picked up
groceries and some Fourth of July sparklers
(On clearance/cheap after holiday prices)
for my granddaughters to light tomorrow night
and some arts and crafts activities.
I also bought a couple Vtech learning toys
for my baby grandson.
I saw him yesterday,
and he is just a scrumptious little man.

Wendy, 
Always good when someone can work on your car
and save you money.
An automobile can be a money vacuum sometimes
as it sucks the money out of ones bank account. 

As an aside, I lived in Florida for 9 years.
I adore the ocean there. And miss it terribly.
And the Spanish moss that hangs from the trees.
I didn't fit in well with some of the conservative politics.
But I had many friends there.

These days I try not to talk about politics.
I try to relate to things we all have in common.
Back to top Go down
Zandranna
Owner
Owner
Zandranna

UK

PostSubject: Re: It's Spring Chit Chat   It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 8 Icon_minitime07/07/19, 08:46 am

Sorry I haven't been here for a few days.  I haven't been at all well.  Will catch up later. (((hugs)))

Back to top Go down
Whisper
Ruby Member
Ruby Member
Whisper

UK

PostSubject: Re: It's Spring Chit Chat   It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 8 Icon_minitime07/07/19, 11:08 am

Hope you feel better soon Sandy.

I'm not around much at the moment. Just a bit busy with RL.

Kerri I lived down south for many years. I hated it. Completely different type of people to us northerners. lol Glad you had a fun 4th July.
Back to top Go down
Geru
Emerald Member
Emerald Member
Geru

CA

PostSubject: Re: It's Spring Chit Chat   It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 8 Icon_minitime08/07/19, 12:33 am

It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 8 Good_m10
another rainy day today .  should be better tomorrow with sunny periods ,we needed the rain , grass starting to look bad in places 
Sandy, hope you feel better soon, Kerri, sounds like you had fun for july 4th. Wendy... you are fortunate to have a helping hand with that car , hope it lasts for a bit now . 

I am busy doing paperwork , see you later.

flower
Back to top Go down
Whisper
Ruby Member
Ruby Member
Whisper

UK

PostSubject: Re: It's Spring Chit Chat   It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 8 Icon_minitime08/07/19, 10:23 am

Quick break from cleaning upstairs but can't sit for long. My sister is coming here to colour my hair for me before we go to our friend's place for her to do hers. Long story to do with my car and my niece's car both being unavailable today. Juggling things around to fit.

A lovely, sunny morning so I'm not enthusiastic about doing housework but it's a necessary evil. Both pups will be coming here with my sister so the cat is not going to be very amused.
Back to top Go down
Geru
Emerald Member
Emerald Member
Geru

CA

PostSubject: Re: It's Spring Chit Chat   It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 8 Icon_minitime08/07/19, 08:10 pm

It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 8 Wwo20g10Nice day out , Have fun Wendy

flower
Back to top Go down
Zandranna
Owner
Owner
Zandranna

UK

PostSubject: Re: It's Spring Chit Chat   It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 8 Icon_minitime09/07/19, 07:00 am

I've now caught up with all of your news via the back posts and now .........................

A little catch up from me.  Sorry I haven't been around but I have been so ill.  I thought it might mean another stay in the hossy but I managed to weather it, and am over the very worst of it and just into the tail end which is easy peasy to get through and back to getting around again.

I was well enough to attend my friends baptism in the sea last Sunday.  Oh my it was a wonderful experience to be part of.

We all left for a particularly lovely part of the beach after church and once we were all gathered, there were prayers for Pearl, a lovely sing song with our church group, the Baptism and then flag dancing on the sand.  It was amazing.  The church made it all so beautiful for her.  It was also a perfect day for it weather wise.

My new bed arrived ok and all the innards of my fitted wardrobe are installed and ready to use.  I now just have to wait for Charlie to put the front and mirrored doors on, which I think he is coming back later today to do.

My first Bible reading afternoon went brilliantly and my insides behaved themselves long enough for me to get through it.  I had dosed myself up with pain killers just before though.  I was determined that how ever rotten I felt I wasn't going to cancel.  The second one is tomorrow.  I will know how successful it really was by if all the ladies turn up again.

Obviously I haven't done anymore painting of my flat. All that came to a total stand still when I became too ill, to even attempt to use too much energy.  I'm giving it the rest of this week to get completely better and then will attempt the living room area next week. One wall at a time.

I have told Charlie that if I am not in when he is ready to work on the wardrobe to just use the master key and come on in.  So as I wont be holding up that being finished if I go out, I'm thinking of nipping on the scooter to visit Barbara for a couple of hours this afternoon.

Back to top Go down
Kerri
Topaz Member
Topaz Member
Kerri

PostSubject: Re: It's Spring Chit Chat   It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 8 Icon_minitime10/07/19, 11:27 pm

Hi everyone.

Wendy, I hope you had a nice time with your sister.
The poor cat had two pups to deal with!  Smile 

Hi Geru.
Glad you had some nice weather. 
Always makes things a little more cheery.

Sandy, 
I'm so glad you're feeling better.
Don't overdo it. 
Wonderful that you have your new bed
and most of the wardrobe installed.

I stopped to get gasoline in my car after work.
Traffic was light which was nice.
It's overcast, but not too hot
and a gentle breeze outside.
A nice change from the hot, humid days we've been having.

Hope everyone has a peaceful rest of the day.
Back to top Go down
Whisper
Ruby Member
Ruby Member
Whisper

UK

PostSubject: Re: It's Spring Chit Chat   It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 8 Icon_minitime11/07/19, 10:07 am

Light rain overnight and that's continuing throughout the day. There were thunderstorms and flooding forecast for today but it looks like they're passing us by after all. Just grey and wet.

They've finally finished roadworks down the side of my house and next door's have finished having their back wall re-rendered so apart from the usual car transporters it's finally quiet. Until the next time. That's four times they've supposedly fixed that drain in the street.

Glad your meeting went well Sandy and you enjoyed the outdoor baptism too.

Nothing happening here. The bin men have just been and I have bedding in the washing machine. A few other chores need doing but nothing strenuous. My right shoulder blade locked yesterday and while it's moving OK now it's still fairly painful. My left arm is my bad one so now I have to decide which to use for stuff. lol Ain't age grand?
Back to top Go down
Geru
Emerald Member
Emerald Member
Geru

CA

PostSubject: Re: It's Spring Chit Chat   It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 8 Icon_minitime13/07/19, 07:36 pm

It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 8 Gerupi10  Saying hello to everyone , Sandy , Kerri and Wendy .

Sandy hope you feel better soon .     Housework waiting for me.  Have a great weekend .

flower
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's Spring Chit Chat   It's Spring Chit Chat - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It's Spring Chit Chat
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 8 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Zan's Zone :: Now We're Buzzing :: Coffee Break-
Jump to: