A Very Warm Welcome.

Affiliates

Affiliates at a Glance

(Replaces the Marquee)

Latest Activity
Whatcha Up To?

This Week’s Video
Facts
Scientists say that a star goes super nova in our galaxy roughly every 26 years. They can see how many have gone super nova by the remnants left. They have counted the past super novas and have found there have been approximately 250 in the life of our galaxy. 26 years x 250 = 6,500 years - This is the approximate age of the Earth as written in the Bible.

Share | 

March Chatter

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Sally
Topaz Member
Topaz Member

US
Kudos : 12
Pisces

PostSubject: Re: March Chatter   24/03/17, 07:19 pm

Hi all.
Scary about the attack. May we all be safe.
Feel better those not feeling well.
Nice looking chair, Sandy. I am not a chair person. I am mostly on my love seat with my feet up. Blankie on.
Have a good day and a great weekend.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kerri
Topaz Member
Topaz Member

Name : Kerri
Kudos : 7
Birthday : July 22
Cancer Horse

PostSubject: Re: March Chatter   24/03/17, 09:17 pm

Hi everyone.

Marie,
That picture of the  snowdrop is pretty.
Fills me with the promise of Spring looking at it.

Elaine,
Glad you are feeling better.

Sally,
A loveseat and a blankie sounds cozy!

Sandy,
That chair is cute.
I wouldn't mind one like that if it had
upholstery that went well in my room.

So awful about the London attack.
It was all over the news here.

I've washed clothes and am waiting for them
to finish drying in the clothes dryer.
It is 47F and cloudy here.
It rained a little earlier and may rain some more
later tonight.
Hope everyone has a great rest of the day! flower
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Toetapping
Sappire Member
Sappire Member

Name : Joy
AU
Kudos : 23
Capricorn Dog

PostSubject: Re: March Chatter   24/03/17, 09:20 pm

Good morning everyone.  Great Saturday ahead. Doing absolutely nothing and I hope it stays that way.

Everyone have a great day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://nicetomeet.proboards.com
Elaine
Sappire Member
Sappire Member

Name : NutBar
CA
Kudos : 27
Mood : Peachy!
Birthday : October 1
Libra Tiger

PostSubject: Re: March Chatter   25/03/17, 05:31 am

Friday evening here.
We've seen a lot of rain this month but our meteorologists are saying we will see some sun this weekend YAY! sunny
I'll do some banking and shopping tomorrow. It's amazing that in a city this big that I have to travel 9 km to the nearest natural foods market (Choices Market) and it's not even a good one & it's crazy expensive. The closest Whole Foods Market is 17 km away! Rolling Eyes All I'm wanting to buy is some pure stevia (nothing added to it) & a jar of organic tahini (sesame paste). I'd make my own tahini if i could find organic sesame seeds in this town. I'd grow my own stevia if I could buy seeds somewhere. I love Vancouver but sheesh!
Anyway, it will be nice to drive around on a sunny Saturday sunny I'll bring my camera in case I see some signs of Spring!
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://twitter.com/@togonit http://canadianforumchat.freeforums.net/
Whisper
Sappire Member
Sappire Member

UK
Mood : Restless
Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: March Chatter   25/03/17, 09:45 am

Can you not order pure Stevia online Elaine? Sounds like a lot of hassle travelling so far for it.

I actually saw that Sandy. I must be recovering. lol I've answered a few points generally but it's a subject that we could spend months ranting about quite easily.

It's a lovely sunny morning here. Yay! A frosty start so still a bit chilly but a pleasant change nonetheless.

It wasn't me Dougie despite me having plenty of germs to spare. lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zandranna
Owner
Owner

Name : Sandy
UK
Kudos : 75
Mood : Content
Birthday : 1st Nov
Scorpio Rat

PostSubject: Re: March Chatter   25/03/17, 01:42 pm

Sally, I'm not really a chair person either.  I'm usualy either sitting at the dining table on a hard chair or laying on a sofa.  But unfortunatley the little studio flats that I am going to move back to are so small one has to be careful of the sort of furniture one fits in.

Here are some pictures I have recently added to my web site on a hidden page of how my last flat looked.  You can see with my leather sofa and big chair how little room there was.

http://zandranna.weebly.com/my-flat.html

When I move back to another studio flat I'm going to have to buy not only smaller chairs but also chairs that can be easily hoovered under because I used to have a heck of a job moving that other furniture out to hoover under, it was so heavy on the thick carpet.

That chair Kerri is just a for instance.  I must look around for something similar but with different material as the time gets nearer to move.

I think I would also buy it on line if possible too Elaine.

The trouble with me Wendy, is I do so love to rant, lol.  I also love to hear other people's opinions.  Later on I will probably change the first paragraph and move it to my blog at the top.

It's our Jessies's birthday today.  We had fun this morning and this afternoon she has gone off to Brighton with her mates for the rest of the day and over night.

I ate too much wheat yesterday, which I'm not meant to do, and I had 5 slices of bread, pizza, cake, and loads of biscuits.  In fact everything I ate yesterday contained wheat.  And boy and I suffering for it today.  It's coming up 2pm and I can only just now not feel the urge to keep running to the loo.  My stomach is settling down a bit.

I haven't eaten anything today in the hopes of giving my belly a chance to calm down.

But as I said to my Daughter today.  It's so bloody hard not to eat any form of wheat, especially when you love sandwiches as much as I do.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://twitter.com/zandranna http://www.zandranna.com/u1wall
Kerri
Topaz Member
Topaz Member

Cancer Horse

PostSubject: Re: March Chatter   26/03/17, 06:07 am

Hi everyone.

I took three of my granddaughters swimming
at one of the nearby community centers today.
They have water features and water slides there.
My fingers looked like prunes from the water
as we stayed so long.
They had so much fun.
The center also has a large room with an indoor
playground area.
So they ran and laughed and squealed
to their heart's content.
There are a few different community centers
I take them to until the weather warms up
and they can swim in the apartment pool here.

I am looking forward to a quiet Sunday. Smile

Sandy,
Your old flat looks really cute in the pictures.
Do they have a community area for washing machines for clothes? Or is the washing machine in the kitchen?

My best to everyone!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Whisper
Sappire Member
Sappire Member

UK
Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: March Chatter   26/03/17, 09:58 am

Bread, pizza, cake and biscuits might have been overdoing it just a tad. lol

Nothing wrong with ranting about something you're passionate about. I just find it difficult to argue for either of those religions since I think it's all hogwash anyway. People should take responsibility for their own actions not palm them off as following some celestial being or its prophets. Now get me started on Animal rights and I'll rant for England. 

Visitors decided not to stay overnight this time so my day is free to catch up on the shows I missed last night while they were here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dougalarse
Amethyst Member
Amethyst Member

Name : Douglas
CA
Leo Dragon

PostSubject: Re: March Chatter   26/03/17, 05:08 pm

Morning everyone. 

Happy Mothers Day to the Englanders.  To all others Happy Sunday. 8)

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elaine
Sappire Member
Sappire Member

CA
Libra Tiger

PostSubject: Re: March Chatter   26/03/17, 07:30 pm

Happy Sunday!
I'm popping in while Roomie has his Sunday brunch then we are heading out to see a fantastic new mall just outside of the city. Apparently I can rent a mobility scooter there!!! Awesome :D
Yesterday I found the Tahini and Stevia I was looking for and got a great deal
Have a beautiful day/evening everyone
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://twitter.com/@togonit http://canadianforumchat.freeforums.net/
Elaine
Sappire Member
Sappire Member

CA
Libra Tiger

PostSubject: Re: March Chatter   27/03/17, 03:29 am

Hello everyone Smile
I haven't been able to use my scooter yet but i will when we have a day of normal weather. The past few days have been bi-polar weather. Too unpredictable. Today Roomie took me with him to a new mall in Tsawassen, which is about a half hour from home. The mall is nice but I think I might be too old to enjoy malls now. Everything there was more geared toward 20 somethings or younger. There were some amazing sculptures though and a cool screen that you could stand in front of and when you wave at it, it becomes a mirror that puts different outfits on you. The children who were playing with it were adorable♥️
Roomie bought for me a silver and onyx ring that I was drooling over. That was so sweet and unexpected Smile He also bought some bouquets of flowers ♥️
We got home & I cooked dinner and am now ready for watching streamed TV in bed. It has been quite a nice weekend all in all. I feel very blessed  :cheers:
Back to top Go down
Whisper
Sappire Member
Sappire Member

UK
Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: March Chatter   27/03/17, 07:37 am

Sounds like you had a lovely time despite the mall being geared towards the young people. Nice to get spoiled with a present too.

Thanks Dougie. I had a quiet day since my visitors left the night before. Suited me fine. I'm a lot better but still not feeling very sociable.

The weather was lovely all weekend and this morning is frosty but sunny so hopefully another nice day coming up. Lunch with family later and my sister is going to trim my hair for me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zandranna
Owner
Owner

UK
Scorpio Rat

PostSubject: Re: March Chatter   27/03/17, 01:07 pm

I haven't been swimming for ages.  I do so love swimming.  Not keen on those swimming parks though.  But that's mainly because they are full of kids, lol.

No Kerri, no communal areas like that.  Each block is just like any other block of flats or apartments.  Just because flats are allocated only to the over 60s it's not as one would think and over 60s complex would be.

The large house in the centre of the grounds is still there simply because when the organisation that own the land and buildings first built the flats they wanted to tear down the dilapidated manor house that was still there.   The council put a preservation order on it to stop it being torn down.

So instead of it being torn down money was acquired through various charities to put it back to it's original condition.  The housing organisation now rent it out to the Community Association that organises all the functions and various things one can join.

It's open to all regardless of where one lives.  The yearly membership is really cheap which really just covers the cost of the monthly magazine one gets.  It's totally run by volunteers.  One obviously pays for things that one joins, such as dancing, yoga or such.

The other thing that there is on site is a dining room.  It's just a large square building at the back of the flat where 3 times a week they do a 2 course lunch meal.  One can either book a seat at a table and go in to eat or take a meal away.  Once again anyone can use this facility but those of us that live on the complex come first.

That building is also used for other things some afternoons and evening.  Such as the little ones Rainbow group, Church services, and so on.

I agree with you Martha.  I think the media need to tone it all down a bit.  Report it yes, but Sky news has had this last London incident running all day for the last 3 days.   I don't mean to make less of the deaths of some and the injuries of others, but it was only one man that ran his car up onto a pavement.  At the very  most it only deserved 24 hours of news time.  If it had been something similar to the twin towers where it took days and days to rescue people and recover bodies that would have been different.

All the time we are giving so much media time to the terrorist we are giving the scumbags time to gloat.

As for animal rights Wendy, what pisses me off is that the RSPCA no longer have the power to take people to court.  They've change the law on that.  As for animals for experimentation.  All the time there is greed in the world animals will be used for experimentation.  It's totally immoral and makes me sick.

Thank you Dougie,  I had a lovely Mothers day.  Jess was in Brighton all day but Aimee waited on both Sarah and me all day.

The trouble is Elaine, everything nowadays is geared towards the youngsters.  Even social evenings.  When I was a kid the nights out for dancing and such was for people of all ages.  If one was to walk into a night club now over the age of 35 you are thought that you are too old to be out at night and should be at home.

How very nice of your roomie to treat you to such a lovely present.

The only plans I have for today is to take Louie for his walk and to shove a bit of washing in the machine.
Back to top Go down
Toetapping
Sappire Member
Sappire Member

Name : Joy
AU
Kudos : 23
Capricorn Dog

PostSubject: Re: March Chatter   27/03/17, 10:16 pm

Good morning everyone.  A warm day here so will do the laundry and hopefully get outside to walk or potter in the garden.  I also would like to play with my Paint Shop Pro as enjoy making animations. See how we go for time.

Everyone have a great day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://nicetomeet.proboards.com
Spherical
Ruby Member
Ruby Member

Name : Martha
AU
Kudos : 105
Mood : Amused
Birthday : 3rd March
Pisces Ox

PostSubject: Re: March Chatter   28/03/17, 04:08 am

Aww how lovely of Aimee to do that Sandy and I'm so glad you have a nice Mothers Day Smile

Wendy same for you even if it was a day early Smile

How nice of roomie to surprise you with that ring Elaine! it sure sounds lovely.

Joy how's the weather for you up there now? You're probably to far south to get anything from the cyclone although it looked massive on the ISS screenshot they send back to earth.

My niece and her family managed to get to safety with their caravan and are now up in Cairns waiting out the storms.
My friend Nora and her hubby are visiting family and friends in the cyclone region so I'm anxious to hear from them.

I need to get a little gardening done today but other then that I am going to relax after yesterdays busy day. My back tells me to rest ... and I better listen.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://spherical.forumotion.com http://sphericals.weebly.com
Whisper
Sappire Member
Sappire Member

UK
Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: March Chatter   28/03/17, 07:44 am

I hope you hear from them soon Martha. That cyclone is huge. I saw they evacuated quite large areas ahead of it.

Glad you got spoiled Sandy. Btw I think I am too old to be out at night. lol

Nothing happening here. Had my hair cut so I can see the screen again. Housework to do and then visiting my brother this afternoon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elaine
Sappire Member
Sappire Member

CA
Libra Tiger

PostSubject: Re: March Chatter   28/03/17, 01:52 pm

Good morning!
My internet connection is intermittent today. scratch That usually happens because a driver ran into a pole on River Road. It's been raining all night with low temps, so that is very likely what has occurred.
I'm looking forward to laundry and baking cookies today, that's pretty much it.
Back to top Go down
Lovely
Amethyst Member
Amethyst Member

Name : Natalie
US
Kudos : 3
Mood : Happy
Aries Sheep

PostSubject: Re: March Chatter   28/03/17, 08:55 pm

Hello. I have a migraine im fighting lol. Just wanted to pop in and say Hi. Not doing much today. Have a good one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://southisland.b1.jcink.com/index.php?act=idx
Zandranna
Owner
Owner

UK
Scorpio Rat

PostSubject: Re: March Chatter   28/03/17, 09:11 pm

Not only did she do that Martha but by the time Sarah and I had got up she had done all the cleaning of the kitchen and bathroom too.

So pleased all the family are safe Martha.

I am to old too really Wendy.  I just like to moan, lol.

Do drivers often run into poles then Elaine?

Sorry about your headache Lovely.  Bummer!

I have just been buggering around today with everything and nothing.  I started to sort out my wardrobe but stopped for something to eat and didn't start again, so I now have clothes all over my room waiting to be put back in.

Now eating some of Jessica's birthday cake that's left over from a couple of days ago.
Back to top Go down
Kerri
Topaz Member
Topaz Member

Cancer Horse

PostSubject: Re: March Chatter   28/03/17, 10:27 pm

Hi everyone.

That ring sounds pretty, Elaine.
Such a sweet gift.

Sandy,
The sorting of the clothes can always be finished
tomorrow. Or another day.
No harm in taking a break
from a project like that.

Martha,
Hope you got some gardening done
before your back made you stop and rest. :0)

Wendy,
Glad you can see the screen now! Haha

After work today, I was able to roll
my car windows down for part of the drive home.
62F and sunny and lovely.

Have a good rest of the day!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spherical
Ruby Member
Ruby Member

Name : Martha
AU
Kudos : 105
Mood : Amused
Birthday : 3rd March
Pisces Ox

PostSubject: Re: March Chatter   29/03/17, 04:32 am

Yep I got all the pruning done that needed doing thank goodness Smile Still have a lot more to do in the garden but it's not going anywhere so taking it nice and easy. (that in itself is a task for me as I don't like doing things slow)

I need to pay some bills and also need to go and grab a present for a friend so I might do that first and have it over and done with.

Yeah Wendy it packed a punch alright! What an utter mess over there and it's not over yet either as
heavy rain has caused flash flooding in Mackay, where rainfall has reached 100mm per hour, according to the Bureau of Meterology.

Some people, holiday makers/tourists are complaining about not having water and or food and no way out of the disaster zone and I do feel for them, but ... they where given plenty of warning and told to get out way before the cyclone hit. But most decided to stay and see ... well sorry to say ... now they see!

Hi to everyone I haven't mentioned by name in a reply. I do read all of them but then I get carried away with what I'm wanting to post about and forget to go back lol. Next time I promise but for now ... I'm out of here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://spherical.forumotion.com http://sphericals.weebly.com
Whisper
Sappire Member
Sappire Member

UK
Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: March Chatter   29/03/17, 08:03 am

Did you hear from your friends Martha? I read that phone signals were out as well as power so hopefully that's all it was.

Our brief spell of lovely weather has gone. Started raining yesterday afternoon and hasn't stopped since. It was nice while it lasted though.

My brother's platform lift thingy broke while I was there yesterday. That'll teach us not to try and sit out in the sun. lol The repair man was there within half an hour of ringing him which was impressive. Needs a part that will take a couple of days to get though. That means my brother is stuck in the house but he wasn't planning on going anywhere luckily and now the nice weather has gone he won't be too bothered.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lovely
Amethyst Member
Amethyst Member

Name : Natalie
US
Kudos : 3
Mood : Happy
Aries Sheep

PostSubject: Re: March Chatter   29/03/17, 09:38 am

Good morning everyone. Happy Hump day. The week is going by fast. Have a good one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://southisland.b1.jcink.com/index.php?act=idx
Zandranna
Owner
Owner

UK
Scorpio Rat

PostSubject: Re: March Chatter   29/03/17, 01:29 pm

Spherical wrote:

Hi to everyone I haven't mentioned by name in a reply. I do read all of them but then I get carried away with what I'm wanting to post about and forget to go back lol. Next time I promise but for now ... I'm out of here.
Me too Martha.  I read everything then forget to reply to specific people when I start rambling on.

The weather is rotten here down south too Wendy.  It's so bloody depressing waiting for a real spring.

Bummer about your Brothers "plateform thingy" - I hope they keep their word and get back as soon as poss with the part.

You saying about bills Martha reminds me I must go into my bank account today and sort a few things out.

It's now afternoon on the second day Kerri and I still haven't made an attempt to finish off sorting the wardrobe.

Hello to you Lovely.
Back to top Go down
Dougalarse
Amethyst Member
Amethyst Member

Name : Douglas
CA
Leo Dragon

PostSubject: Re: March Chatter   29/03/17, 02:12 pm

Morning all.

Sandy did you close your old board?  I still have it bookmarked. I click on it and get a 404 error.

The weather here the last two days has been wonderful. Sunny and sorta warm. Me thinks spring has sprung! 

Be safe everyone. 
Back to top Go down
View user profile

March Chatter
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Zan's Zone :: Now We're Buzzing - Members Only :: Coffee Break-
Jump to:  

Advertising Us & Our Websites

The Best of Top 100s